Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
masutton
What's DOS?
Views: 776
Message 1 of 9

Triumph Battery Not Charging

Is there anyone out there that can help with this?  I have only had my phone for about 40 days (10 days past Radio Shack's return policy, unfortunately), and beginning 3 or 4 days ago my phone stopped consistently charging.  I would put it on the charger and it would look like it is working for a few minutes, then simply stop charging. 

I have tried 3 different chargers with the same results-- one with a USB connection to my computer, one in my car, and one plugged into a wall.

I already exchanged this Triumph once because of serious software glitches including a keyboard that wouldn't always type.  I am starting to feel like perhaps this isn't the phone for me, but it feels terrible to feel like I have been cheated $300 for a phone that doesn't want to work.

Is there anyone who can help me?

stef71
Token Ring
Message 2 of 9

Re: Triumph Battery Not Charging

You could try a phone reset. Or, if all the methods you've used has used the same USB cable, try a different cable. Other than that, it's possible the battery is bad or the phone is bad. You're going to have to do a little more sleuthing to determine what is going on.

I do believe VMUSA will take care of another exchange if you approach customer support properly and tell them what you've done to diagnose the problem.

Good luck.

Big_Al
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 9

Good luck, indeed. I am currently on my 7th (soon to be 8th) unit since 9/3/11. I read eariler today on another forum that the issue is related to the poor soldering within the phone. i have noticed slight wiggle room in all directions when the provided cable is plugged into the phone which would make sense that it would wear down the inside of the phone if it is constantly used while the phone is connected. So unless you don't mind your phone being useless while it is connected to the cable you should be fine. Otherwise, be prepared to replace it every month or so. I'll be on my 8th shortly. 

linksfiend
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 9

Same thing happened here.  Also turned out to be a bad USB port in the handset itself which required a replacement phone from VMUSA

deetramm
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 9

well i'm on my 4th replacement...i researching filing a class action lawsuit

deetramm
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 9

vmusa are just recycling these bad phones to its customers

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 7 of 9

When I had a problem like that a few weeks ago, it turned out to be a bad battery. An aftermarket battery from amazon for $11 fixed the problem. And it is actually 1500mAh so it actually holds the charge longer.

LChinMoto
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 9

Joint the fight against Motorola's unfair treatment of their customers. Cancels promised update to ATRIX4G, PHOTON4G, and ELECTRIFY customers withing two days of promised release date. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motofail/487173897968298

repro162000
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 9

deetramm said:

vmusa are just recycling these bad phones to its customers

View original

I never sent back the other bad one but now that that one is dead dead i will because now the replacement is going to die soon too