Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cmore11
What's DOS?
Views: 608
Message 1 of 7

Triumph not coming out of sleep mode

Hi,

I've gone through a couple phones now, but I am still having this problem with the Triumph.  Periodically, when the phone goes into sleep mode, it will not come out when pressing the power button.  I have to take the battery out and replace it to get it to function correctly again.  After experimenting with it a bit, it seems to only occur when I have Wifi enabled.  When Wifi is off the phone seems to function in and out of sleep mode correctly.  Anyone else experience this and/or have a fix for it(beside keeping Wifi disabled)?

I have also experienced some of the same issues that others have addressed on this site (random rebooting, slow GPS), but my Wifi sleep mode problem gives me the biggest headache.

Thanks for the help.

Chad

nwaves1
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 7

Re: Triumph not coming out of sleep mode

It's a known bug. You can find it in the kown bug list under "Sleep of death" https://forums.motorola.com/posts/d1c43cfad7

Sleep of death happened very often with my 1st and 2nd triumph, sometimes 3-4 times/day. My 3rd phone rarely goes into deep sleep mode so it only got into sleep of death once or twice.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 3 of 7

Try going into the advance wi-fi settings and set wi-fi to never turn off. It has helped me eliminate the "sleep of death" issues.

cmore11
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 7

drago said:

Try going into the advance wi-fi settings and set wi-fi to never turn off. It has helped me eliminate the "sleep of death" issues.

Didn't see the advance wifi settings until you mentioned them.  Tried this tip and I have not had one single "sleep of death" since.  *knock on wood*  Thanks for the advice.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 7

Knocking on wood... Smiley Wink

Glad that it worked out for you

TankMcFragface
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 7

Wouldn't that solution reduce the already short life of the battery? 

cmore11
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 7

Probably some.  But since the phone is virtually unusable otherwise, it's worth the trade off.  Since the last post, I have passed the phone on to my wife and she has had no issues with the "sleep of death".