Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA Webtop Docks and Lapdocks™
All Forum Topics
Options

192 Posts

10-29-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 41 of 78

Re: Webtop 3.0.0 Insurrection

2012-08-22, 23:04 PM

For what I use the LAPDOCK for,WEBTOP 3.0 should be just fine,but,I can understand others frustrations.

Just received ICS on my XYBOARD two days ago & it's definitely a step up from HONEYCOMB.

Already looking forward to Q4 2012 & ICS/WEBTOP 3.0 for the PHOTON.

Options

5 Posts

08-19-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 42 of 78

2012-08-22, 23:44 PM

The possessed cursor issue was resolved for me when I disabled the track pad. It used to disable itself pre-install when the mouse was detected. I think post-install it still had a message saying it was disabled when the mouse is connected (and I couldn't use the trackpad), but the cursor would still inexplicably leap around. No, I wasn't accidentally touching the track pad. At any rate when I disabled it manually (not with a hammer, hate to void that warranty) I didn't have that issue anymore. Agree 110% here:

Chris said:

Worst of all, Moto has no support. There are some workarounds suggested by others on this board, but NOTHING on the motorola support page. Motorola still has up all the features I had on the Lapdock 500 page. I don't have the time to spend hours trying to figure out workarounds. 

I sincerely hope the issues people are talking about are addressed quickly. The people who are struggling the most are the people who purchased the dock for work. For that population, a fix can't come fast enough. How did these changes even make it through beta testing? Or are there just not enough dock owners ($) to bother? Today my workaround was to leave it at home.

Options

3 Posts

08-18-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 43 of 78

2012-08-23, 1:09 AM
The problem is that most of us bought the lapdock because we wanted to use it as it was advertised. We paid extra money to have our phones turn into laptops. While a phone is outdated in less than a year, that is normally not any issue because very few of us paid full price for the phone. We got it cheaper by signing a contract with our carrier. And with any upgrades to the OS, with the exception of a bug or two, the product only gets better. However, this is not the case with the lapdock. We didn't purchase it at a discounted price and the OS upgrade made it almost useless. To blame it on the app developers and say that they need to upgrade their apps is BS. The lapdock is not a tablet, there is no touch screen, and it was sold to us as a laptop like device. It's like taking your car with a V8 engine in it for a tune up and having them replace the V8 with a 4 Cyl. I am extremely unhappy about the changes and the lack of any response from Motorola.
Options

30 Posts

07-04-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 44 of 78

2012-08-23, 1:43 AM
 I agree with AllyD4 100%. I have read that connecting a Bluetooth mouse may help the cursor problem - if you set the trackpad to disable with mouse. But I want to use the lapdock on my LAP - not a desk!
Options

48 Posts

12-02-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 45 of 78

2012-08-23, 2:15 AM

I don't have the mouse issue.  It jumps only once in while and when it does I look at where my hands are and they are just about 100% of the time near the touch pad.  I hate touch pads, even on laptops. So I do not know how to fix it. I can post photo of settings if that might help. 

The only reason I bought the LapDock 500 is because my carrier would not allow me to attach my Droid Razr to a laptop or tablet without losing my unlimited data package, otherwise I would not have bought the LapDock.

I am also not having the issues with connecting and accessing applications via Citrix with my employer.  It may be because that I do not use the Citrix android app to connect. I connect via a my company VPN with the Firefox Android App.  I tried the Citrix Android App once and it did not properly worked.  So those who are have issues with Citrix Receiver, I recommend talking to your company IT guys.  I suspect your problem is more an issue how you accessing your company's network.  However CISCO needs to fix that app and take it out of Beta.

I do not understand what the old version gave us more other than an almost full featured Firefox browser. There are no PC apps on the old version. No Word,  No Excel, No Powerpoint. All you had was browser that had limitations.  It crashed a number of times and also ran out of memory if you had too many tabs opened.  The only thing missing in WebTop 3 is a File Manager that functioned like a PC where you can have multiple windows open and drag and drop files. 

I do hope that WebTop continues to mature and get better over time. But I am not going to continue to get angry about it.  

Options

48 Posts

12-02-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 46 of 78

2012-08-23, 2:27 AM

Here are screen shots of my mouse settings.  

I also attaching a screen shot of the Apps Section Developer Options that you should verify that "Don't Keep Activities" should not be checked, as matter of nothing in Developer Options should be checked (turned on).

Options

48 Posts

12-02-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 47 of 78

2012-08-23, 2:34 AM

johnnie008 said:

I also attaching a screen shot of the Apps Section Developer Options that you should verify that "Don't Keep Activities" should not be checked, as matter of nothing in Developer Options should be checked (turned on).

Options

5 Posts

08-19-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 48 of 78

2012-08-23, 2:35 AM

eh edited because i need to sleep before posting anymore.

Options

48 Posts

12-02-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 49 of 78

2012-08-23, 2:39 AM

johnnie008 said:

johnnie008 said:

Options

48 Posts

12-02-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 50 of 78

2012-08-23, 2:41 AM

johnnie008 said:

johnnie008 said:

johnnie008 said:

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms