Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA Webtop Docks and Lapdocks™
All Forum Topics
Options

192 Posts

10-29-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 61 of 78

Re: Webtop 3.0.0 Insurrection

2012-09-09, 2:00 AM

Lokifish_Marz said:

KOLIO said:

I don't think there was any mention of WEBTOP w/the press release @ PHOTON Q LTE event either. I'm still holding out hope for WEBTOP, as the USB/HDMI port alignment on the PHOTON Q LTE is the same as the original MO'PHO. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the original MO'PHO didn't have WEBTOP when first released, but, it was announced that it would be available @ a later date after initial release. So, maybe MOTOROLA is just gauging public interest in WEBTOP, just to see if it's worth the time, effort, & $ to develop,& support WEBTOP.View original

Webtop2.0, a.k.a Ubuntu, disappears with ICS so the Q lacks this feature as well as any ICS Moto. From the current Q owners there has also been no mention of Webtop of any kind when a dock is used. All I can say is that there is no webtop partition files in any ICS Moto updates I've seen, official or otherwise. Again, mirroring mode (Webtop3.0) replaces the original Ubuntu based Webtop. If there is anything other than mirroring mode in the works, nobody I've spoken with knows anything about it.

The original MO'PHO had Webtop on release but no lapdocks. That's why there was a run on Atrix lapdocks initially. It also took some time before Photon owners started to see an official Photon supported Lapdock.

View original

Thanks for the clarification on initial WEBTOP availibility for the MO'PHO & the info on the WEBTOP partition files.

BTW LOKIFISH MARZ:It's good to have your presence here in these forums.Do stay around for a while.cool

Options

192 Posts

10-29-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 62 of 78

2012-09-09, 2:05 AM

Eagle328 said:

KOLIO said:

WOW,I didn't think the M was available until next week.

Anyway,the pix I've seen for the HD/MAXX models have the familiar USB/HDMI configuration.So,here's hoping we'll see WEBTOP on future models.

View original

Yeah I was lucky to be at the event and everyone went home with one.

View original

Know of anyone in attendance who would like to part w/their RAZR M?wink

Options

13219 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

1407 Signins

8945 Page Views

• Views: 8945
  • Message 63 of 78

2012-09-09, 2:27 AM

You can ask here on the phones community. RAZR M Community. surprise

Options

137 Posts

03-20-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 64 of 78

2012-09-16, 16:15 PM
I haven't receive the ICS update yet on my atrix 4G, but I would like to know if now that they are replacing firefox with chrome does it support adobe flash player on the webtop?
Options

46 Posts

04-25-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 65 of 78

2012-09-16, 19:12 PM

In order to make understanding Webtop3.0 features easier, think of it this way. Webtop doesn't exist for ICS. It's just your phone on a bigger screen. Chrome is the android version of chrome so unless they change something there will never be flash support. In short, if you use Webtop, thank Moto for killing webtop and giving you no alternative except to ignore the update and stay on Gingerbread.

Options

137 Posts

03-20-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 66 of 78

2012-09-16, 22:53 PM
Webtop and flash player were two big differences between these phones and others. Now I understand why apple is saying that google is trying to copy them (but not on a good way). I know these features were not perfect but at least we had the option to use them or not. Maybe the future is htlm5, but right now there are still many websites running flash player
Options

4 Posts

09-08-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 67 of 78

2012-09-19, 1:25 AM

I have the Razr and lapdock 500 running ICS.  Flash works as long as I use the native browser, not chrome. I understand Jelly Bean uses chrome as the default browser. So I guess when we all eventually migrate to Jelly Bean, there will be no more flash support. Also, I wonder if the successor to Razr, the new Razr HD, will have any webtop software at all. I am completely satisfied with my current setup using an old Verizon unlimited data plan. But there seems to be no upgrade path for me to use the lapdock with newer phones.  

Options

48 Posts

12-02-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 68 of 78

2012-09-19, 21:30 PM

I am not experiencing any issues with Flash Player  running on ICS.  I installed the Flash Player App from the Android Market and it works just fine.

I hope that Webtop works on Jelly Bean.  There is nothing out there yet that says it does or does not.  I would tend to think it would but that is yet to be seen.  It would not be good for Google/Motorola to push out an upgrade that would render the LapDocks completely useless.  Although others who have commented on this thread would say they already did. 

I must say I have learned to live and like the new Webtop 3.0.  I am happy that I can finally use my company's Citrix solution to connect with it.  

We will have to wait and see.  If they come out with a new accessory to work with Jelly Bean and replace the LapDock 100 & 500, I will be pissed and when my 2 yr contract with Verizon on my Razr ends, I will be purchasing a Samsung or iPhone.   

Options

2 Posts

10-30-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 69 of 78

2012-10-30, 2:09 AM
I too wish to throw in my two cents. I own two bionics, one will never be upgraded to ICS and the other one that did get the upgrade? Webtop 3.0 sucks... I too feel cheated. They deliberately changed the bootloader so as not to be able to get gingerbread back. I will keep my bionics but I have an eye for a non Motorola product for my next purchase. Now Motorola wants to scrap webtop in future models all together! What a backwards move... I love android, but I'm wondering if the windows os will give it a run for the money. Well, thank-you for wrecking one of my bionics with no option to revert back. Webrop3.0 does suck...
Options

2 Posts

10-30-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 70 of 78

2012-10-30, 2:29 AM

crystallet said:

clastrag said:

I have an Atrix 4G, I really like the phone and the webtop 2.0, I know is not perfect but is better than many phones out there. The phone it self can do everything a tablet can do and more, but with the webtop it has almost completely replaced my desktop computer. I have been wanting to get ICS for a long time now thinking that it would improve the phone functionality, but now that I see that the webtop 3.0 is going to be a step back I am really hesitant the get the ICS upgrade once it becomes available. I didn't want to get a magnified view of the phone or a tablet without touchscreen when I bought my webtop. I hope that when the upgrade becomes available for the Atrix 4G they at least allow us to keep the old version of the webtop

Webtop 3 is part of the ICS upgrade, so staying on webtop 2 will not be possible.

Once the update rolls, you'll be able to put off the update for a while if you'd like, but not forever...sooner or later it will just download and install itself.

Once ICS is installed, you won't be able to go back to Gingerbread.

Sorry if all of that is bad news...

View original

That is not entirely true. There are ways to permantaly block the upgrades and nag screens. P.M. me if you want castrag. :) I don't know if it's against policy to post links on how to do this...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms