Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA Webtop Docks and Lapdocks™
All Forum Topics
Options

137 Posts

03-20-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 71 of 78

Re: Webtop 3.0.0 Insurrection

2012-10-30, 4:14 AM
For me there was no choice my Atrix 4G is not getting ICS, Motorola did the choice for me. Like Michael Jackson said "this is it" :-)
Options

1 Posts

03-01-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 72 of 78

2013-03-01, 21:25 PM

I hate to say it, but I got rid of my Bionic for lack of functionality.  I did keep the Lapdock 500 Pro in hopes that Motorola would come out with a better solution.  Webtop 2.0 was a decent system, but the lack of a more robust Linux system made it limited.

If Motorola would just open up and make a better hybrid system where you had a full linux console available while docked, and android while not docked, they would have a winning product.

Options

48 Posts

12-02-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 73 of 78

2013-03-01, 22:47 PM

Google is not going to support the LapDock anymore... It is a dead accessory once it stops working.  I don't know if once my Droid Razr gets Jelly Bean if the LapDock will still work or not.  When it is time to upgrade my Razr, I am done with Motorola Products... IPhone or Samsung will get my businesses going forward!!!

Options

227 Posts

04-26-2012

United States of America

212 Signins

3596 Page Views

• Views: 3596
  • Message 74 of 78

2013-03-07, 19:59 PM

Webtop 3.0 trumps the previous versions in terms of functionality for me.

Previously - one app, and one Firefox browser tap was all I could do before the system would crawl.

Now, multiple tabs open in Chrome. Not to mention tablet-versions of apps already on my phone.

Options

137 Posts

03-20-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 75 of 78

2013-03-18, 1:15 AM
I still like my Atrix, mostly because of the webtop but I think eventually I'm going to upgrade my phone with at&t and I don't see any other phone like this one, the only other motorola phone is the atrix hd but still not much better than this one.so I think itis going to be a samsung galaxy but I would like to know of there is way to use it like the webtop with the cable to connect it to the tv, I think is called mhl cable or something like that. It can mirror the phone on the screen but to work like a pc like the atrix it would need an app or something like citrix to connect to a server. I'm sure I will find a way, too bad motorola ditch this good idea...
Options

48 Posts

12-02-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 76 of 78

2013-03-20, 18:52 PM

Has anyone upgraded their Droid Razr to Jelly Bean yet?   Does the LapDock 500 still work with the upgrade?

Options

4 Posts

09-08-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 77 of 78

2013-03-20, 23:32 PM

After jelly bean, it still works the same.  I like everything about it except I don't like the  way calls are made through the speakerphone. If you are using it in a public place, everyone hears your call unless you use a bluetooth device. My daughter cracked the screen on her razr and got another phone. I now use her phone on wifi only and it works great with the lapdock and my google account syncs everything. If  I don't have wifi access, I just unplug her phone and plug my razr in which has a grandfathered unlimited data plan.  This combination is working great for me. Very lightweight for traveling and cheap monthly access. I hope it never breaks down. 

Options

48 Posts

12-02-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 78 of 78

2013-03-22, 14:53 PM

null

After jelly bean, it still works the same.  I like everything about it except I don't like the  way calls are made through the speakerphone. If you are using it in a public place, everyone hears your call unless you use a bluetooth device. My daughter cracked the screen on her razr and got another phone. I now use her phone on wifi only and it works great with the lapdock and my google account syncs everything. If  I don't have wifi access, I just unplug her phone and plug my razr in which has a grandfathered unlimited data plan.  This combination is working great for me. Very lightweight for traveling and cheap monthly access. I hope it never breaks down. 

View original

Thanks.  I upgraded to JB last night and agree with you that he LapDock works better with JB than it did with ICS.   Have you tried a wired headset as well with calls?   I use a wired headset connected to the jack on the phone not the LapDock.  That will keep your conversation private...  External Speakers are never private.  

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms