United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 126

ICS Issues, Questions and Tips -Xoom FE [Official]

2012-11-03, 1:09 AM

Welcome to fellow Xoom Family Edition (FE) owners running ICS 4.0.4,

After you complete the ICS upgrade successfully, please use this thread to report issues, ask questions, provide tips or other functional feedback. This thread is not intended to be a place to provide wish lists for future features or updates, but let's focus on getting the most from ICS and reporting potential defects that need to be addressed.

If you are reporting an issues, please provide as much detail as you can, including:

• What is the error or symptom? What does it do to your Xoom FE?

• What apps are running on your tablet when this occurs?

• Have you tried rebooting or a Forced Reset? What were the results?

• Is it a repeatable issue and if so, what are the steps (for others to try)?

• Does the issue happen at other locations (especially if related to connectivity)?

• If this appears to be app related, have you tried another (competing) app?

• Have you found any work around for the issue?

As issues are identified in this thread, we will be able to aggregate the details here for Google or Motorola to review and track. Going forward, please do not open new threads to address issues with ICS on the Xoom FE, post them here instead. If you have already opened other threads with ICS issues for the Xoom FE, you don't need to close them, but please post the issue in this (official) thread as well.

If you report an issue or question, consider following this thread for future answers, suggestions or follow-up updates.

As always, thanks for your participation and contributions.

-Doc

Solved! See the solution
Options

72 Posts

11-24-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 126

Re: ICS Issues, Questions and Tips -Xoom FE [Official]

2012-11-03, 1:28 AM

There is a spell checker/dictionary issue that I and others have confirmed. After the update my Xoom FE displays input text or static text in some apps as misspelled. I have my device set to English US. I am seeing this in several applications such as Gmail, Google Maps and Calendar.  Another user in this forum has performed a "Factory Reset" and still has the spell checker/dictionary issue.

I can find no way to correct this on my device short of disabling Spelling Correction altogether which is unacceptable as a solution.  I have an open ticket with Motorola and am expecting a return phone call from Level 3 support.

Options

72 Posts

11-24-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 126

2012-11-03, 1:43 AM

Unexpected screen flashing / distortion

I observed this with the AIDE - Android Java IDE application, but wanted to be sure to duplicate the screen flash / video distortion issue using the "stock" Android tools. In this case, I am using the "Settings" application.

Steps to recreate:

1. Perform a clean boot of the Xoom FE tablet

2. Choose the "Settings" app

3. Choose display

4. Change the font size to all the different choices, keep cycling randomly through small, normal, large and huge

5. During each change the screen will adjust, after several (about 5) changes I start seeing flashes and distortion

Options

25 Posts

12-31-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 126

2012-11-04, 1:45 AM

Motorola,

I've experienced the screen just going out.  I thought it was low on battery, plugged it in and the orange light came on.  tried to turn it on and it would not power up.  after holding in the on switch for about 2-3secs it turned on and had 90% of battery.  Are these update glitches?

Thanks,

Laborer

Options

7 Posts

11-03-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 126

2012-11-04, 2:15 AM
I have the same problem. the tablet it self dose turn on but the screen dosent and the screen hasnt turned on since friday morning
Options

3 Posts

11-04-2012

Dominican Republic

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 126

2012-11-04, 6:44 AM

Hello, i am new here in the forum, and i have upgraded to ICS, but i have a problem playing video, when i introduce a 720 video into the table via USB, its ok, but when i open the video, sometimes its lag, and when i choose the option * HS * in the video players, the video show me pixel in the image, any solution ? this tablet have their own players and i am using MX player, thanks.

Options

6817 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 126

2012-11-05, 6:48 AM

XoomFE said:

Hello, i am new here in the forum, and i have upgraded to ICS, but i have a problem playing video, when i introduce a 720 video into the table via USB, its ok, but when i open the video, sometimes its lag, and when i choose the option * HS * in the video players, the video show me pixel in the image, any solution ? this tablet have their own players and i am using MX player, thanks.

View original

Hello XoomFE,

Make certain you are using the correct version of Flash (for ICS). The Market will NOT update your Flash version any more and the previous version will not work right under ICS. To update Flash, you will need to download the latest ICS Flash version from the Adobe archives (version 11.1.115.20).

To do this, you will need to first download the latest version from the Flash Archive location (scroll down to the Android section):

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

Then save it to a local download directory on your tablet (remember the location). Next, you need to enable the setting (under security) to allow "Unknown sources" and then use a file manager app to select the APK from your saved location and agree to install it.

Please let me know if this solves your issue.

-Doc

Options

6817 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 126

2012-11-05, 6:56 AM

j.carpenter said:

Unexpected screen flashing / distortion

I observed this with the AIDE - Android Java IDE application, but wanted to be sure to duplicate the screen flash / video distortion issue using the "stock" Android tools. In this case, I am using the "Settings" application.

Steps to recreate:

1. Perform a clean boot of the Xoom FE tablet

2. Choose the "Settings" app

3. Choose display

4. Change the font size to all the different choices, keep cycling randomly through small, normal, large and huge

5. During each change the screen will adjust, after several (about 5) changes I start seeing flashes and distortion

View original

Hello j.carpenter,

I see a little (brief) distortion when I make multiple font changes, but I have not seen it occur anywhere else and I see the same thing on my two other ICS tablets. The one tablet I have that is Jelly Bean does not show this minor distortion when changing fonts.

-Doc

Options

6817 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 126

2012-11-05, 7:03 AM

Attention all Xoom FE owners running ICS,

If you use the "Kid Mode", browse Flash sites or use other apps that depend on Adobe's Flash, you will need to manually update your Flash to an ICS version after this upgrade. Adobe dropped support for Flash under the Android OS earlier this year, so the Market will NOT update your Flash after the OS upgrade completes. Instead, you will need to locally load the latest ICS Flash version from the Adobe archives (version 11.1.115.20).

To do this, you will need to first download the latest version from the Flash Archive location (scroll down to the Android section):

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

Save it to a local download directory on your tablet (remember the location). Next, you need to enable the setting (under security) to allow "Unknown sources" and then use a file manager app to select the APK from your saved location and agree to install it.

-Doc

Options

6817 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 126

2012-11-05, 7:08 AM

xoomfe0812 said:

I have the same problem. the tablet it self dose turn on but the screen dosent and the screen hasnt turned on since friday morningView original

Hello xoomfe0812,

Have you tried a Forced Reset (hold down the Up Volume and Power until the Xoom FE reboots - can take up to 15 seconds)?

-Doc

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete