Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA XOOM™ Family Edition
All Forum Topics
Options

6817 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 6817
  • Registered: ‎02-28-2011
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 111 of 126

Re: ICS Issues, Questions and Tips -Xoom FE [Official]

2013-04-17, 13:30 PM


tommy91 said:


Need some help I have purchased 2 different micro USB to USB cables both claim to be Sync, data and charge one claimed it was for Motorola devices. Neither worked ne actually was discharging the battery the other (the Motorola?) Only charged when the tablet is off and then very slowly. It seems to me that UB 2.0 cables should all be the same. What os the difference and how do you tell which to purchase?


View original


Hello tommy91,



The key for the Xoom FE is having enough amperage to charge the battery within a decent amount of time. The typical USB output of a PC port only provides enough current to trickle charge the Xoom FE.. Higher current chargers are required to provide enough consistent amperage output to charge the Xoom FE within a reasonable amount of time. The stock XFE charger produced 5.3v and 2amps via USB at the rate of 20%-25% per hour with the tablet off or in sleep mode (full charge typically in ~4 hours). Therefore, I would look for a micro USB charger that supports 2A or greater output. The charging rate for the XFE is comparable to other tablets on the market that support USB charging.



-Doc



 

Reply
Options

10 Posts

05-23-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 10
  • Registered: ‎05-23-2012
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 112 of 126

Re: ICS Issues, Questions and Tips -Xoom FE [Official]

2013-04-17, 23:26 PM


 



Thank you for your timely response. I still have the power module the problem is the USB to Macro-USB cable itself, the oem cable worked fine and would keep the FE charged even during heavy use ( a Netflix movie for example). I am looking to replace just he USB to Micro-USB cable the original has developed an intermittent connection. I have purchased two replacement cables. The first actually presented as a load and discharged the battery while  plugged in, the second which claimed to be a Motorola OEM part will charge the tablet only if it is turned off and requires 3 times as long as the original cable that came with the tablet. I don’t understand are there different kinds of USB cables and how do you tell the difference. I have tried the Motorola support sight there is no information regarding purchasing replacement part

Reply
Options

6817 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 6817
  • Registered: ‎02-28-2011
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 113 of 126

Re: ICS Issues, Questions and Tips -Xoom FE [Official]

2013-05-01, 14:27 PM


tommy91 said:


 



Thank you for your timely response. I still have the power module the problem is the USB to Macro-USB cable itself, the oem cable worked fine and would keep the FE charged even during heavy use ( a Netflix movie for example). I am looking to replace just he USB to Micro-USB cable the original has developed an intermittent connection. I have purchased two replacement cables. The first actually presented as a load and discharged the battery while  plugged in, the second which claimed to be a Motorola OEM part will charge the tablet only if it is turned off and requires 3 times as long as the original cable that came with the tablet. I don’t understand are there different kinds of USB cables and how do you tell the difference. I have tried the Motorola support sight there is no information regarding purchasing replacement part


View original




@Tommy91,



If you are looking for a replacement, you are best to purchase the XYBoard charging/USB cables, since they are available and work with the Xoom FE. Although the amperage is ~1A, charging times have been reported at only slightly slower rates with the tablet on or off. Here are a couple options at Amazon:



http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Wall-Charger-Micro-Cable/dp/B005LFXBJG/ref=pd_cp_cps_0



http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Micro-USB-Home-Travel-Charger/dp/B004EYSKM8/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1367418336&sr=8-7&keywords=xyboard+charger



http://www.amazon.com/Travel-Charger-Fold-able-Motorola-XYBOARD/dp/B008RDROHO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367418089&sr=8-1&keywords=xyboard+charger



-Doc



 

Reply
Options

72 Posts

11-24-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 72
  • Registered: ‎11-24-2011
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 114 of 126

Re: ICS Issues, Questions and Tips -Xoom FE [Official]

2013-06-14, 1:27 AM


Good News!!  The Dictionary / Spell Check issue is resolved for me on my Xoom Family Edition!!!



I noticed today that there was a "Google Keyboard" available on the Play store.  I installed the Google Keyboard and enabled it.  Next I force stopped the ICS 4.0.4 Android Keyboard and disabled it in settings.  Finally, I rebooted!  The spell checker is working perfectly!



I hope others here can try and see if the Google Keyboard works them.



Let me know how it goes for you.



Peace,



J. Carpenter

Reply
Options

6817 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 6817
  • Registered: ‎02-28-2011
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 115 of 126

Re: ICS Issues, Questions and Tips -Xoom FE [Official]

2013-06-17, 16:42 PM


j.carpenter said:


Good News!!  The Dictionary / Spell Check issue is resolved for me on my Xoom Family Edition!!!



I noticed today that there was a "Google Keyboard" available on the Play store.  I installed the Google Keyboard and enabled it.  Next I force stopped the ICS 4.0.4 Android Keyboard and disabled it in settings.  Finally, I rebooted!  The spell checker is working perfectly!



I hope others here can try and see if the Google Keyboard works them.



Let me know how it goes for you.



Peace,



J. Carpenter


View original


Hello j.carpenter,



That's great news! I will try this myself tonight and see if I get the same results. Thanks for finding and posting a solution to share with everyone that owns a Xoom FE.



-Doc



 

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Reply
Options

6 Posts

11-26-2011

Spain

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 6
  • Registered: ‎11-26-2011
  • Location: Spain
  • Views: 0
  • Message 116 of 126

Re: ICS Issues, Questions and Tips -Xoom FE [Official]

2013-06-23, 8:01 AM


Thanks. It also worked for me.Using Google Keyboard with the Spanish dictionary works fine in my Zoom FE.



Thanks and best regards. 

Reply
Options

6817 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 6817
  • Registered: ‎02-28-2011
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 117 of 126

Re: ICS Issues, Questions and Tips -Xoom FE [Official]

2013-06-26, 15:11 PM


diazign said:


Thanks. It also worked for me.Using Google Keyboard with the Spanish dictionary works fine in my Zoom FE.



Thanks and best regards. 


View original


@diazign,



Awesome news, thanks for sharing your results with everyone.



-Doc



 

Reply
Options

4 Posts

07-11-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 4
  • Registered: ‎07-11-2013
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 118 of 126

Re: ICS Issues, Questions and Tips -Xoom FE [Official]

2013-07-11, 22:36 PM


xoomfe0812 said:

I have the same problem. the tablet it self dose turn on but the screen dosent and the screen hasnt turned on since friday morningView original


I'm experiencing the same problem.  My tablet will not turn on.  I did a soft and hard reset and I've got a black screen. Please help!!!!

Reply
Options

7 Posts

11-03-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 7
  • Registered: ‎11-03-2012
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 119 of 126

Re: ICS Issues, Questions and Tips -Xoom FE [Official]

2013-07-11, 23:15 PM
To quinchwill......I couldn't fix it my self so wat I did is I called Motorola and told them about my problem. after a week they told me to send it in and they fixed it also tell them it's the update that did that to ur tablet that's how I managed them to fix my tablet hope this helps u out...
Reply
Options

6817 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 6817
  • Registered: ‎02-28-2011
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 120 of 126

Re: ICS Issues, Questions and Tips -Xoom FE [Official]

2013-07-12, 5:17 AM


quinchwill said:



xoomfe0812 said:

I have the same problem. the tablet it self dose turn on but the screen dosent and the screen hasnt turned on since friday morningView original


I'm experiencing the same problem.  My tablet will not turn on.  I did a soft and hard reset and I've got a black screen. Please help!!!!


View original


Hello quinchwill,



A couple of quick things to check before you pursue servicing:



  • When you plug in the charger, are you getting a charge light and if so, is it changing to green when fully charged? NOTE: if you don't get any light or the color does not change, you may have a charger issue.


  • When attempting a Forced Reset, you should hold down both the Power/Lock button and the UP volume for about thirty (30) seconds before releasing. In some hung states, the tablet may require a much longer cycle time to trigger the reboot sequence. I have also personally found that rocking the switch a few times between Up and Down volume before holding it down in the Up volume position can help.



If neither of those produce different results, you may require servicing.



-Doc



 

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete