11-06-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 121 of 126

Re: ICS Issues, Questions and Tips -Xoom FE [Official]

2013-07-12, 16:22 PM

I've been having the no start issue since the ICS update and I finally got tired of it.

Two weeks ago I did a Factory reset and installed every app back except the facebook and have not play the asphalt game yet. its been two weeks and still haven't had any problems. it wouldn't turn on yesterday cause it was dead I forgot to charge it. but its very nice not to worry about my tablet not wanting to turn on right before my meetings.

Options

4 Posts

07-11-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 122 of 126

2013-07-13, 13:48 PM
I did the Forced Reset and got it working! The very next day the screen
froze, I powered it off and again it will not turn on. I've got the white
light and it's been recharged. This is so completely frustrating!
Options

6817 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 123 of 126

2013-07-15, 13:46 PM

quinchwill said:

I did the Forced Reset and got it working! The very next day the screen
froze, I powered it off and again it will not turn on. I've got the white
light and it's been recharged. This is so completely frustrating!

View original

@quinchwill,

What were you running when the tablet froze? It sounds to me like you may have some sort of application conflict that is causing freezing and system instability. The quickest way to resolve instable app issues is to backup your data, perform a Factory Reset and then reinstall and test each app one by one. If you can keep the tablet running long enough, utility apps like "SystemPanel" can also help you monitor the cpu, memory and resources being consumed by each application. If you are still having issues waking up the tablet back up again, I would suggest continuing to try the Forced Reset repeatedly and hold down the key sequence longer than usual until you get results.

-Doc

Options

2 Posts

08-26-2013

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 124 of 126

2013-08-26, 1:58 AM

Has there been any progress on trying to figure out the random lockup issue people have been having with the XFE?  This weekend, my tablet has gone from mostly tolerable to absolute insanity - nearly every time it went into standby, I had to forcibly reboot it to get it back.  This even happened immediately after a prior reboot, before I'd even run any apps.  So this implies that it's either a hardware problem, or something in one of the services that runs on startup.

Options

6817 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 125 of 126

2013-09-08, 1:17 AM

Matosawitko said:

Has there been any progress on trying to figure out the random lockup issue people have been having with the XFE?  This weekend, my tablet has gone from mostly tolerable to absolute insanity - nearly every time it went into standby, I had to forcibly reboot it to get it back.  This even happened immediately after a prior reboot, before I'd even run any apps.  So this implies that it's either a hardware problem, or something in one of the services that runs on startup.

View original

Hello Matosawitko,

Have you tried clearing the system cache or (as a last resort) a Factory Data Reset? I never experienced this on my own XFE and it was not a common problem for all XFE owners. So either it is software/Cache/OS based or there would have to be some hardware variance.

-Doc

Options

2 Posts

08-26-2013

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 126 of 126

2013-09-08, 12:17 PM

I did a FDR in May, but it didn't fix anything.  This doesn't prove much though, because I had to reinstall apps to make the tablet useful to me, so if it's because of one of them...  I use a variety of apps on my tablet multiple times throughout the day, pretty much every day, so a drawn-out process of soak-testing individual apps would potentially leave me without a usable tablet for quite a period of time.

I also tried running it for a few days plugged into my computer to see if I could get an ADB log capture of whatever was going wrong, but of course it never locked up during that time.  I should have mentioned this in my previous post, but the only times I've seen it lock up are either when it's on battery or when it's off and the power changes.  (plug/unplug)  This makes it fiendishly difficult to debug, since logs aren't preserved across boot and the several different log capture utilities I tried didn't capture anything either - they either didn't capture anything at all, or they only logged up to several seconds prior to the lockup.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete