United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 41 of 126

Re: ICS Issues, Questions and Tips -Xoom FE [Official]

2012-11-14, 23:18 PM

@AlanT,

I have the same issue with Moto Print and also Moto Pack.  Both removed after update to ICS 4.0.4.  Also, I could not install the Moto Print for Xoom FE from Google Play.  I get an error when it tries to install "Missing shared library".

There is another version of Moto Print in Google Play for $3.99.  Have not tried that one, not sure it will work with the FE.

Options

6817 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 42 of 126

2012-11-15, 17:27 PM

Has anyone tried to print since the ICS upgrade? My Motoprint disappeared after the update and I can not install it from Google play. I have tried both, the FE and the none FE versions and when they go to install there is an error.

This is the only problem I am still having. I have had just about every problem that has been discussed here since the update but they all just slowly went away.

@AlanT and j.carpenter,

There are reports of known issues with Moto Print under ICS (or any version of Android after 3.1). Some people claim it is still running, though not showing as installed and others complain it will not run at all. I have multiple tablets and gave up on Moto Print several months ago when I ran into ICS compatibility issues myself. Since then I have switched to printershare for local or WiFi printing and Cloud Print for remote (at home from the field) printing. I have had no issues with either of those under any Android version.

-Doc

Options

2 Posts

11-14-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 43 of 126

2012-11-15, 17:56 PM

Thanks Doc,

I will try one of those methods. I really liked moto print with Honeycomb though. I never had to do anything except select print from a drop down menu in any app that I ever needed to print from.

-AlanT

Options

6817 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 44 of 126

2012-11-16, 1:25 AM

AlanT said:

Thanks Doc,

I will try one of those methods. I really liked moto print with Honeycomb though. I never had to do anything except select print from a drop down menu in any app that I ever needed to print from.

-AlanT

View original

@AlanT,

Printershare basically does the exact same thing, but with several more capabilities - such as support for Google CloudPrint. It prints from within any application and can send the content to wireless printers, USB printers, remote printers, the cloud or another PC (file transfer). Pretty cool I think and certainly serves the purpose until something better comes along.

-Doc

Options

72 Posts

11-24-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 45 of 126

2012-11-16, 16:28 PM

@All,

Anyone else seeing the issue of artifacts left on the screen when scrolling the "Recent Apps" list? You have to do a swipe/fling downward so that the list will "bounce" before you see it.

Options

78 Posts

02-04-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 46 of 126

2012-11-17, 15:12 PM

J carp, I have not seen the artifact issue on my tablet. However I did experience the power issue that others are having trouble with. I experienced it a few times before the update and a couple of times after the update. It seems to happen when Angry Birds is left running in the background. At least for me... 

I had several exchanges with Motorola regarding the spell check issue. I am waiting for my L3 to call me back with an update as he said he would. They now have a fe in their hands to troubleshoot with... I switched to SwiftKey as a workaround and you know what? It's better than the regular keyboard anyway... So it's working out for me... 

The screen shot feature is sweet.  I also like being able to use Chrome. I also think the tablet runs great besides the spell check and power issue.  Motorola did a nice job... 

Options

18 Posts

12-16-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 47 of 126

2012-11-20, 0:23 AM

i am also having the no-start issue after i turn it off. i need to plug it in to start it up and when i started it, it still had 25% battery on it it.

Options

46 Posts

10-27-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 48 of 126

2012-11-22, 6:24 AM

I had the no start issue twice. tablet turned itself off during standby (last time with 80% battery!!) and wouldnt start.  i had to plug it in to start it up both times.

Doc, can you please report it to the technicians??

Options

28 Posts

09-04-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 49 of 126

2012-11-26, 17:13 PM

j.carpenter said:

@All,

Anyone else seeing the issue of artifacts left on the screen when scrolling the "Recent Apps" list? You have to do a swipe/fling downward so that the list will "bounce" before you see it.

View original

Yeah, I was able to duplicate the funny screen artifacts issue on my end.

Options

1 Posts

12-16-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 50 of 126

2012-12-17, 0:03 AM

j.carpenter said:

There is a spell checker/dictionary issue that I and others have confirmed. After the update my Xoom FE displays input text or static text in some apps as misspelled. I have my device set to English US. I am seeing this in several applications such as Gmail, Google Maps and Calendar.  Another user in this forum has performed a "Factory Reset" and still has the spell checker/dictionary issue.

I can find no way to correct this on my device short of disabling Spelling Correction altogether which is unacceptable as a solution.  I have an open ticket with Motorola and am expecting a return phone call from Level 3 support.

View original

Hello I also have the spell check problem since the ICS upgrade.  Has there been any movement by Motorola on this issue.  is there a fix or work around.  This is a pretty major issue, i would have thought this would have bee fixed quickly.

thanks

Bob Sabinash

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete