Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA XOOM™ Family Edition
All Forum Topics
Options

78 Posts

02-04-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 78
  • Registered: ‎02-04-2012
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 61 of 126

Re: ICS Issues, Questions and Tips -Xoom FE [Official]

2012-12-24, 15:36 PM


Spell Check Issue



I bought the swiftkey tablet keyboard for 3.99 from the Play Store. It has its own spell checker.  At first I was a little upset about having to buy a keyboard to fix Moto's bug, but I quickly got over it. Swiftkey is very nice and has a lot of features.  If you don't like added features it is still an excellent upgrade compared to the stock android keyboard.  You can try it out for 30 days as well before having to buy it.  



Power Down Issue



I always had the stand-by issue, even on 3.1.  In fact, I reported it in another thread several months ago.  I think the tablet has an issue with apps running in the background at the time the tablet puts itself to sleep.  For instance, I have found that when my kids play games the problem occurs more frequently.  If I kill the apps prior to putting the tablet down the problem has not occured.  I'm still testing, but this is what i have found the last several weeks.  If you can, keep track of your habbits and when this issue occurs and share your experiences.  By the way I have done factory resets and it does not correct the problem.  



Jimpala

Reply
Options

5 Posts

12-22-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 5
  • Registered: ‎12-22-2012
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 62 of 126

Re: ICS Issues, Questions and Tips -Xoom FE [Official]

2012-12-25, 2:16 AM


Jimpala said:


Spell Check Issue



I bought the swiftkey tablet keyboard for 3.99 from the Play Store. It has its own spell checker.  At first I was a little upset about having to buy a keyboard to fix Moto's bug, but I quickly got over it. Swiftkey is very nice and has a lot of features.  If you don't like added features it is still an excellent upgrade compared to the stock android keyboard.  You can try it out for 30 days as well before having to buy it.  



Power Down Issue



I always had the stand-by issue, even on 3.1.  In fact, I reported it in another thread several months ago.  I think the tablet has an issue with apps running in the background at the time the tablet puts itself to sleep.  For instance, I have found that when my kids play games the problem occurs more frequently.  If I kill the apps prior to putting the tablet down the problem has not occured.  I'm still testing, but this is what i have found the last several weeks.  If you can, keep track of your habbits and when this issue occurs and share your experiences.  By the way I have done factory resets and it does not correct the problem.  



Jimpala


View original


I also had the stand by issue back with 3.1 and I have noticed that it does seem to be related to apps running in the background, and it also seems to happen the most when it is left with wifi connected. 



I also downloaded a different keyboard to solve the spell check problem. I downloaded MultiLing and then I downloaded the multiling dictionary add-on and that has been working great. They are both free and you have so much control of the layout and size of the keyboard and the auto correct works pretty good just be sure to turn off the tablets stalk spell check. 

Reply
Options

1 Posts

12-26-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 1
  • Registered: ‎12-26-2012
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 63 of 126

Re: ICS Issues, Questions and Tips -Xoom FE [Official]

2012-12-26, 16:41 PM


Here are the issues I have experienced. 



  1. Just as j.carpenter said, “There is a spell checker/dictionary issue that I and others have confirmed. After the update my Xoom FE displays input text or static text in some apps as misspelled. I have my device set to English US. I am seeing this in several applications such as Gmail, Google Maps and Calendar.”


  2. Unexpected screen flashing and changes in screen brightness – This occurred more frequently on Honeycomb then on ICS. It may have been linked to the auto-brightness setting in combination with the angle that I was holding the device at.


  3. The screen turns off and refuses to turn back on. This has happened twice now when the device had over 30% battery left. I first tried plugging in the tablet and turning it on after a few minutes but that did not work. After fully charging the tablet and leaving it for a day or two, I was able to turn it back on again. 


  4. I have noticed a very bright circular white light that appears to be behind the screen in the corner opposite of the camera. It is most noticeable when the screen is displaying a white background. It appears to get brighter the longer the screen is displaying a white background.


  5. After installing ICS, about 6 of the desktop icons were replaced with a default android icon. The links to the applications still worked. This issue was solved by adding new versions of the file to the desktop.



Thanks,



Jemaiser



 

Reply
Options

5 Posts

10-10-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 5
  • Registered: ‎10-10-2012
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 64 of 126

Re: ICS Issues, Questions and Tips -Xoom FE [Official]

2012-12-28, 6:03 AM


Hi guys,



I would just like to add myself to the long list of Motorola Xoom FE owners experiencing the power off issue after the ics update. It's really getting annoying day after day especially when you need to use the tablet for important things. Before the update I was having a problem with the Xoom FE with the memory storage full warning even when I don't have that much apps and stuff in my tablet. And now this. I hope Motorola can find a fix for this soon. Or this will be my last Motorola product ever.

Reply
Options

2 Posts

12-31-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 2
  • Registered: ‎12-31-2012
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 65 of 126

Re: ICS Issues, Questions and Tips -Xoom FE [Official]

2012-12-31, 4:36 AM


Hi,



Just to let you guys know I've been having the same power off issue and that I did a Factory data reset along with the battery calibration and it got it fixed! Don't know which one did the job. I did the factory reset first then the battery calibration. I suggest you try to calibrate first, if that doesn't do it go ahead and do the reset.

Reply
Options

23 Posts

07-18-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 23
  • Registered: ‎07-18-2012
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 66 of 126

Re: ICS Issues, Questions and Tips -Xoom FE [Official]

2013-01-02, 15:45 PM


Juan3669 said:


Hi,



Just to let you guys know I've been having the same power off issue and that I did a Factory data reset along with the battery calibration and it got it fixed! Don't know which one did the job. I did the factory reset first then the battery calibration. I suggest you try to calibrate first, if that doesn't do it go ahead and do the reset.


View original


Please describe the battery calibration.  I'm not familiar with it.



 



Thanks,



tom212



 

Reply
Options

6 Posts

01-03-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 6
  • Registered: ‎01-03-2013
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 67 of 126

Re: ICS Issues, Questions and Tips -Xoom FE [Official]

2013-01-03, 21:57 PM


Jemaiser said:


Here are the issues I have experienced. 




  1. Just as j.carpenter said, “There is a spell checker/dictionary issue that I and others have confirmed. After the update my Xoom FE displays input text or static text in some apps as misspelled. I have my device set to English US. I am seeing this in several applications such as Gmail, Google Maps and Calendar.”


  2. Unexpected screen flashing and changes in screen brightness – This occurred more frequently on Honeycomb then on ICS. It may have been linked to the auto-brightness setting in combination with the angle that I was holding the device at.


  3. The screen turns off and refuses to turn back on. This has happened twice now when the device had over 30% battery left. I first tried plugging in the tablet and turning it on after a few minutes but that did not work. After fully charging the tablet and leaving it for a day or two, I was able to turn it back on again. 


  4. I have noticed a very bright circular white light that appears to be behind the screen in the corner opposite of the camera. It is most noticeable when the screen is displaying a white background. It appears to get brighter the longer the screen is displaying a white background.


  5. After installing ICS, about 6 of the desktop icons were replaced with a default android icon. The links to the applications still worked. This issue was solved by adding new versions of the file to the desktop.



Thanks,



Jemaiser



 


View original


I've been watching this thread for a while now, and I can re-confirm some of these issues.



I have 2 Xoom FE's in my home.



I see issue #1 on both Xooms, where the spell check is useless. This is extremely annoying - my finace has been complaining about it daily ever since the update, which compounds the issue. I am a terrible speller, so I can no longer use the tablet for anything e-mail or forum related.  I tried the Swiftkey workaround, but really that doesn't fix the issue - it just helps you type better.  It does not provide in-document spell checking.  It also costs money for a feature that used to work quite well - which is unacceptable in principle.



I have some strange of the screen flashing and colored pixelation which sounds somewhat similar to #2 on Jemaiser's list.  I have no idea what causes it, as it happens fairly randomly.  I've seen it happen in a few different apps, but it typically happens in the app for reading the Home Theater Shack forums, where it happens maybe once every other day.  The screen backlight shuts off, then fades back on quickly.  While the light is fading on, there are individual pixels of random rainbow colors distributed all over the screen.  I would say maybe 10% of the pixels.  The screen then returns to normal.  The whole process is over in less than 1 second.  Is this similar to what you are talking about here?



I also see issue #3 on both Xooms, where the screen turns off (sleep mode) normally, then after waiting a while it won't turn back on.  "A while" could be 2 minutes, or could be overnight, or more than a day - I have seen this happen with varying lengths of time.  It seems to me that the Xoom is still powered up, and it just won't exit sleep mode.  My reason for thinking this is that I have to hold the power button for about 30 seconds, as if to perform a hard-power-off, then I can turn it back on normally for a full boot.  I don't believe this is related to battery charge, as I have seen it happen with nearly-full battery, nearly empty battery, on the charger, and off the charger.  This is almost a daily occurance now, and actually seems to get worse the more the tablet is used.  Perhaps that supports the theory that this is related to some certain app(s) not playing well with the Xoom's sleep mode...?



#5, where Android icons appear instead of app icons after upgrade - I just replaced the icons and it has been fine ever since, so it's not an issue for me anymore.



Someone reported some strange artifacts when accessing the recent apps sidebar.  I have not noticed that on my devices, but it could be that I have not been looking for it, or don't use the sidebar enough for it to happen.  I have also not seen #4 in Jemaiser's list on either of my devices to date.



Issues #1 and #3 make the device extremely annoying to use, and eliminates any benefits of the ICS update.  This has been going on for a while now - it would be great to hear some real progress on a solution or workaround.  I would be happy to downgrade back to 3.1, since that at least worked reliably...



Those of you who are in contact with Motorola support already for those two issues - are you making progress there, or is it worth starting another support ticket for myself?

Reply
Options

6817 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 6817
  • Registered: ‎02-28-2011
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 68 of 126

Re: ICS Issues, Questions and Tips -Xoom FE [Official]

2013-01-07, 19:48 PM


Brianbyui said:



docbrown said:



Brianbyui said:



pxl said:


i am also having the no-start issue after i turn it off. i need to plug it in to start it up and when i started it, it still had 25% battery on it it.



 


View original


Hey, this same thing has been happening to me for a long time. Even before ics It happened to me. I found for me I don't have to plug It in to turn It on, I just hold down the power button for about 10 seconds then release for just a second and then hold It again for about 10 seconds then release and I repeat this until I see the motorola startup screen. That has always worked for me. 


View original


Hello Brianbyui,



Are you shutting off your Xoom FE or placing it in standby (sleep) mode? I very rarely ever turn my Xoom FE off, it is used all day by my family and it goes in sleep mode on the charger when not in use. The couple of times I have powered it down, it has come back on after holding down the power button for 3-5 seconds, but that seems normal to me. I have other Xoom tablets and they require the same ~5 seconds to cold boot (though all of them stay in sleep mode most of the time). Do you have any issues waking up your Xoom FE from the sleep mode?



-Doc



 


View original


Hey doc, the poblem only happens when I leave the tablet in sleep mode. It will randomly shut itself off and not turn on unless I hold the power button for 10 seconds and release then press again and repeat this till it powers on. I have never had a problem starting it after I manually shut it off.


View original


Hello Brianbyui,



Just catching up from holiday vacations. So when you reboot the tablet (hold power for 10+ seconds) after it randomly shuts itself off, you are getting a COLD boot (logos, full boot cycle), is that correct?



-Doc



 

Reply
Options

6817 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 6817
  • Registered: ‎02-28-2011
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 69 of 126

Re: ICS Issues, Questions and Tips -Xoom FE [Official]

2013-01-07, 19:59 PM


heybikeman2 said:


Hi Doc



I am also experiencing spell check and power issues.  The spell check issue has been reported but I have not reported the power issue.  The power only happens in sleep mode.  To power the unit back up I have to hold down the volume button and power key at the same time.  This up grade has been a complete flop.


View original


Hello heybikeman2,



Sorry for the delay responding, just catching up after the holidays. The spellcheck issue is a known Android issue by Google for the Xoom FE image, likely either corrupt or missing resources. I am still waiting to hear what the next steps will be from Google on this issue (and the others). The power issue is more elusive and different for various users. For example, you are using a Forced Reset (volume + power) to reboot, where some other owners are holding down power only and other owners (like myself) don't have the issue at all. My Xoom FE is used daily for 2-4 hours (typically) and goes into sleep mode on a regular basis, yet I have not seen this issue even once since the upgrade.



-Doc



 

Reply
Options

2 Posts

12-31-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

  • Posts: 2
  • Registered: ‎12-31-2012
  • Location: United States
  • Views: 0
  • Message 70 of 126

Re: ICS Issues, Questions and Tips -Xoom FE [Official]

2013-01-07, 20:02 PM


tom212 said:



Juan3669 said:


Hi,



Just to let you guys know I've been having the same power off issue and that I did a Factory data reset along with the battery calibration and it got it fixed! Don't know which one did the job. I did the factory reset first then the battery calibration. I suggest you try to calibrate first, if that doesn't do it go ahead and do the reset.


View original


Please describe the battery calibration.  I'm not familiar with it.



 



Thanks,



tom212



 


View original


 



I downloaded an app from the Play Store. Most of them require that you have your device rooted, but there are few that don't. The app will instruct you to fully charge your device, then you will tap a calibrate button. After that you will need to completely drain your battery and fully recharge it again to complete the process. Before that I did a Factory Reset so I'm not sure which one did the job.



 



 

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete