09-05-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 8

Microphone volume is very low

2012-09-05, 19:50 PM

I have tried google hangout, skype, yahoo video chats. All of these chats have the same problem: they cannot hear my voice or it is very very low. Tried the Skype echo test and found out that actually had something wrong with tablet's microphone captures voice at very low volume. I can't find any setting where I can increase the volume of the microphone. I was wondering if someone knew about this problem and how to solve it? Thanks.

Options

6754 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 8

Re: Microphone volume is very low

2012-09-07, 3:48 AM

I have tried google hangout, skype, yahoo video chats. All of these chats have the same problem: they cannot hear my voice or it is very very low. Tried the Skype echo test and found out that actually had something wrong with tablet's microphone captures voice at very low volume. I can't find any setting where I can increase the volume of the microphone. I was wondering if someone knew about this problem and how to solve it? Thanks.

Hello M.Haroon,

I am not aware of any settings for the microphone sensitivity on any of my Motorola tablets (including the Xoom FE) under any version of Android. I also don't have any issue with people hearing me when using voice input on the Xoom FE. Have you tried an external mic (such as a BT microphone or a headset mic) to see if it is hardware related? Another option is to try an Android app that calibrates the microphone. I could not find any that are free and I have not tried this app, but it is very highly rated for mic calibrations:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.audia.rta&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5hdWRpYS5ydGEiXQ..

-Doc

Options

4 Posts

09-05-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2012-09-07, 5:31 AM

Thanks for the response doc. It seem like have two options to get it repaired or give it back for refund. I just wanted to make sure it was not an issuse with this model, so I am guessing it is a defective one, cause I have trouble with the speakers as well. I had to use audio booster to hear someone on video chat. I think i'll get a new one once I have the refund for this one.

Options

43 Posts

10-27-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2012-09-07, 15:34 PM

The problem with the mic has been hilighted more than once:

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/e29d53c173

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/89c7055ab6

Skype is practically unusable with the Xoom Family.

The second discussion was closed by Mark saying: "We're looking into this. Thanks for the feedback."

Obviously Moto didn't do anything to fix this issue given their consideration for us.

Maybe if a miracle happens and they release ICS it will be fixed, but i doubt it.

Options

4 Posts

09-05-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2012-09-07, 16:38 PM

The website says the rollout begins in Q3 2012. The Q3 ended last week and just checked it the there is no update available. So I am guessing we have to wait for a miracle? :(

Options

4 Posts

09-05-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2012-09-08, 3:33 AM

Looks like not just the Xoom FE its the Version 3.1. Check this forum post:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/acer-iconia-tab-a500-forum/20002-microphone-volume-discovery.html

Options

2 Posts

03-20-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2014-03-20, 18:36 PM

4.4.2 is the worst firmware I ever seen. All was working fine with 4.3. After Updating I am facing 4 Major issues.

1. Microphone stops working in between the call (Other party will be unable to hear my voice). When this issue happens google voice search will not detect the voice.

2. Speaker stops working after making the call (Other party will be able to hear my voice but I will be unable to hear other party voice

3. SIM signals go blank in between the call (Apparently loose the calls if I am in the middle of the call

4. Camera says error to connect

Above problems will get solved If I restart the phone

If you are on 4.3 firmware on your Moto G. Please do not upgrade 

Options

6754 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2014-03-25, 2:29 AM

Prashanth said:

4.4.2 is the worst firmware I ever seen. All was working fine with 4.3. After Updating I am facing 4 Major issues.

1. Microphone stops working in between the call (Other party will be unable to hear my voice). When this issue happens google voice search will not detect the voice.

2. Speaker stops working after making the call (Other party will be able to hear my voice but I will be unable to hear other party voice

3. SIM signals go blank in between the call (Apparently loose the calls if I am in the middle of the call

4. Camera says error to connect

Above problems will get solved If I restart the phone

If you are on 4.3 firmware on your Moto G. Please do not upgrade 

View original

Hello Prashanth,

You posted this to a thread for the Xoom Family Edition tablet, but I think you meant to post it in the Moto G forum.

-Doc

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete