08-24-2015

Charlotte NC

1 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 1 of 6

Motorola bt keyboard?

2011-11-10, 5:12 AM

I just bought the Motorola bt keyboard and there  are several problems so far.  There's a significant lag when I type in some apps (for example, right now typing this post).  Also only certain hot keys work - the hot keys for Music, Messaging, Gmail and Mute all do NOT work. When I try the key sequences listed in the user manual instead, those don't work either.

Also, the arrow keys don't work within documents (again, they are not working within the body of text I am typing right now).  The user manual is pretty useless.

Anyone have a fix for me, or do these hot keys and arrow keys just not work with the Xoom FE?  I figured that using a Motorola keyboard would give me the best solution ....

Any other bt keyboards that work well with the FE?

Options

29 Posts

08-24-2015

Charlotte NC

1 Signins

12 Page Views

• Message 2 of 6

Re: Motorola bt keyboard?

2011-11-11, 18:15 PM

I have partially answered my own question - thread #47439 in the Xoom forum gives lots of useful information - but many of my hot keys still don't work and the arrow keys only work in certain apps.  Still looking for answers!

Options

6817 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 6

2011-11-25, 19:22 PM

@martaz,

I own several Motorola BT keyboards (picked them up on Clearance at Target), which I use with my Xoom 4G/LTE and Xoom FE. There is lag sometimes when entering text on this forum site, but that is a known issue with this site in general when you use the Xoom's stock (Google) browser. I own another BT keyboard for portable use (a Logitech DiNovo mini) and it has the same lag issues via the Google browser. I have found that the Dolphin browser is slightly better.

One word of caution using multiple BT devices (such as headphones, mice or speakers with the BT keyboard). this does slow down the BT devices significantly due to BT bandwidth limitations.

As far as the hot key mapping, that is a limitation of Google's Honeycomb OS to recognize that key output. I have the exact same issues with hot keys on the DiNovo, the OS does not see any of those either. With luck, hopefully we will see better mapping and hot key support under the next gen ICS Operating System.

-Doc

Options

29 Posts

08-24-2015

Charlotte NC

1 Signins

12 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2011-11-26, 2:52 AM

@docbrown, thanks very much for all the info.  I've been using the keyboard and I really like it, although I do wish for those hotkeys to all work. I didn't know I could hook a mouse up - which one do you use?

Options

6817 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 5 of 6

2011-11-26, 3:39 AM

martaz wrote:

@docbrown, thanks very much for all the info.  I've been using the keyboard and I really like it, although I do wish for those hotkeys to all work. I didn't know I could hook a mouse up - which one do you use?

@martaz,

You can hookup up a mouse two ways, via USB using the Xoom's OTG Host cable or via Bluetooth (though you can have conflicts or slow downs between the keyboard and a mouse both on BT). As I mentioned above, I use the Logitech DiNovo mini BT keyboard because it INCLUDES a mouse on the keyboard at the same time - very slick:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-920-000594-diNovo-Mini/dp/B0011FOOI2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322278196&sr=8-1

I have tried the Microsoft BT 5000 mouse, but have had nothing but issues on the Xoom (as many other owners have as well). I had good results from a less expensive BT mouse at Best Buy and I know a few people that report good results using the Logitech V470 BT mouse. Remember you cannot use a mouse that requires a proprietary USB radio plug-in, it must be true BT only.

-Doc

Options

29 Posts

08-24-2015

Charlotte NC

1 Signins

12 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2011-11-26, 5:25 AM

Doc,

Thanks again.  I am very happy with my FE and really appreciate the help I get on this forum.

Martaz

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete