02-11-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 6

My Xoom will not boot

2013-02-11, 6:49 AM

I have tried all the hard reset options with no luck. It has the first screen with the M come up. Then the second M screen comes up and it hangs up. There must be a way to connect it to my laptop and reinstall the os in it. I really need this unit to work. Do you know of anything I can do or any options?

Solved! See the solution
Options

6754 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 6

Re: My Xoom will not boot

2013-02-11, 15:30 PM

I have tried all the hard reset options with no luck. It has the first screen with the M come up. Then the second M screen comes up and it hangs up. There must be a way to connect it to my laptop and reinstall the os in it. I really need this unit to work. Do you know of anything I can do or any options?

Hello OzzMob,

Let's try the easy stuff first, do you have an SD Card inserted? If so, please remove it and then try to boot-up your Xoom FE again. It is common to have an SD Card become corrupted and cause booting issues like you described.

Please post your results so we can continue to help troubleshoot.

-Doc

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2 Posts

02-11-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2013-02-12, 16:20 PM

Sorry, I was trieng to figure out how to work my way around this forum. I have not interacted with one before. I really appriciate you coming back to me on this problem. The unit does not have a memory card installed. Is there any way I can load tools, OS or any software on to this via micro sd or micro usb? Maybe a software fix or anything to make this unit functional? I have tried everything hardkey related on the internet and have had no luck at all. I used to be a hardware tech for Compuserve, ADS Systems and Time Warner. Only to let you know that if you have an idea to throw at me, I can try anything properly. Sometimes giving ideas to a person that is not mechanically inclined in these ways can be hard so please don't think I am putting myself on a pedistol, I just want you to know that if you tell me to do something, it will be carried out the way you tell me to. Again, thank you so much for replying to help me.

Options

6754 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2013-02-13, 7:02 AM

OzzMob said:

Sorry, I was trieng to figure out how to work my way around this forum. I have not interacted with one before. I really appriciate you coming back to me on this problem. The unit does not have a memory card installed. Is there any way I can load tools, OS or any software on to this via micro sd or micro usb? Maybe a software fix or anything to make this unit functional? I have tried everything hardkey related on the internet and have had no luck at all. I used to be a hardware tech for Compuserve, ADS Systems and Time Warner. Only to let you know that if you have an idea to throw at me, I can try anything properly. Sometimes giving ideas to a person that is not mechanically inclined in these ways can be hard so please don't think I am putting myself on a pedistol, I just want you to know that if you tell me to do something, it will be carried out the way you tell me to. Again, thank you so much for replying to help me.

View original

@OzzMob,

If you have exhausted all other options, the last thing I would suggest is a factory reset using the boot-up keys. NOTE: This will erase all data and installed apps, bringing the tablet back to latest Android OS "fresh" installation. Follow the steps listed below carefully (especially the sliding of the Display Lock on the top of the Xoom FE. Timing is everything when following this procedure, so if it does not bring up the "Booting recovery kernel image" then keep retrying this process until the recovery is triggered.

Here are the steps:

1. Power off the unit - if not already

2. Hold down the volume down button and at the same time, press the power button and hold them both down for 3-5 sec.

3. While still holding down the volume down button, release the power button and toggle the display lock slide a couple of times (next to the volume button).

4. The display will now show - "Booting recovery kernel image" and then the Android Robot will be displayed and the unit is now in rebooting phase.

5. Since this is a reset of the device, it is normal to see "Please wait for pre-load data", this process takes about 6-8 minutes.

When the recovery is successful, you will be able to boot into a fresh copy of the Android OS. From there you will need to reinstall your apps and data. Apps from the Google Market will be automatically installed once you re-associate the tablet with your Google account.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

-Doc

Options

4 Posts

01-05-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2013-05-24, 12:17 PM

Hi,

I have the same problem; I shutdown my zoom, then it would not powerup, same issue with the charge light (first white, then it goes green)

I have tried Vol Power button alone (and toggled a couple of times), as well as Vol Up & Power; Vol Down & Power; Vol up& Down & power no luck

tried with and without memory sim card, as well as 4 G card.

Also plugged into PC - adb from sdk did not see the device

Also attempt to connect hdmi out to TV - to see if that would display anything at boot up - nothing (after trying all power on sequences)

Chatted with Moto, not really helpful - told me to send it back

Any other ideas?

Options

6754 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2013-05-31, 14:25 PM

MrJoker said:

Hi,

I have the same problem; I shutdown my zoom, then it would not powerup, same issue with the charge light (first white, then it goes green)

I have tried Vol Power button alone (and toggled a couple of times), as well as Vol Up & Power; Vol Down & Power; Vol up& Down & power no luck

tried with and without memory sim card, as well as 4 G card.

Also plugged into PC - adb from sdk did not see the device

Also attempt to connect hdmi out to TV - to see if that would display anything at boot up - nothing (after trying all power on sequences)

Chatted with Moto, not really helpful - told me to send it back

Any other ideas?

View original

Hello MrJoker,

I replied to a similar thread you posted in the US Xoom WiFi/3G/4G forum. Please refer to my post for additional suggestions and next steps toward resolving your issue. Please refrain from making duplicate posts in different forums on the same subject.

Also note that this is the Xoom Family Edition forum and therefore, my steps suggested above will NOT work on your Xoom model.

-Doc

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete