Options

1 Posts

05-15-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

XOOM Family Edition (MZ505) Factory reset ?

2012-05-16, 19:02 PM

Sorry to make another thread on this topic, but they seem to remain unanswered.

Has anyone found a way to successfully perform a factory reset using external Keys on the Xoom Family Edition (MZ505-model)? I have tried both the methods provided by others in pervious threads.

-One being holding the (-) Volume Key after waiting two seconds after booting the unit .

-The other method of holding the (-) volume key + power button for three to five second, then releasing the power    button and fliping the the device lock button rapidly a few times.

These methods haven't worked for me and other have stated they dont seem to work for them either when used on the Family Edittion. Also, I have attempted the forgot password process for my google/gmail account. I was able to create a new password but since the tablet isn't connected to the wifi it doesn't accept the password for my account. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Options

6754 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

Re: XOOM Family Edition (MZ505) Factory reset ?

2012-05-17, 17:26 PM

Hello Testsubject,

The second method you describe has worked on my own Xoom FE. The trick is sliding the display lock switch at the exact right moment, otherwise it will not engage. Here are the steps that have worked for my self and several other Xoom FE owners:

1. Power off the unit – if not already
2. Hold down the “Down” volume button at the same time you hold down the power button for 3-5 seconds
3. While still holding down the “Down” volume button, release the power button and toggle the display lock slide a couple of times (located next to the volume controls)
4. The display should now show “Booting Recovery Kernel Image” and then the Android Robot will be displayed when the unit is in the rebooting phase.
5. Since the device is being Reset (erased and re-imaged), it is normal to see “Please wait for pre-load data” and this process takes about 6-8 minutes. The Xoom FE is now being Factory Restored to the original image.

-Doc

Options

1 Posts

03-26-2013

Philippines

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2013-03-26, 14:00 PM

Thank you so much docbrown. I'm glad I came across ur post, it is a great help. I've been to 3 repairmen but they weren't able to reprogram my xoom. Thanks.. more power..

Options

6754 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2013-04-03, 16:16 PM

villa81 said:

Thank you so much docbrown. I'm glad I came across ur post, it is a great help. I've been to 3 repairmen but they weren't able to reprogram my xoom. Thanks.. more power..

View original

Hello villa81,

You are quite welcome, I am always glad to help in any way I can. Please let me know if you need assistance with anything else.

-Doc

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete