03-27-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 5

Xoom FE and Droid Razr

2011-12-25, 17:05 PM

Maybe I am trying to do something impossible, but I would like to pair my Droid Razr with my Xoom FE using Bluetooth. They successfully pair but will not connect. I basicaly want to share my phone's data without paying for the wifi hotspot or rooting the phone.

Solved! See the solution
Options

2695 Posts

03-08-2010

United States

1 Signins

4 Page Views

• Views: 4
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Xoom FE and Droid Razr

2012-08-08, 3:40 AM

You have probably figured this out by now, but have you tried apps such as bluetooth file transfer or similar?

Options

6754 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2012-08-08, 6:04 AM

Maybe I am trying to do something impossible, but I would like to pair my Droid Razr with my Xoom FE using Bluetooth. They successfully pair but will not connect. I basicaly want to share my phone's data without paying for the wifi hotspot or rooting the phone.

Greetings ejb426,

As drago mentioned, there are BT and WiFi file sharing apps on the market, but they will not allow you to share an Internet connection. You need tethering or a WiFi hot spot on the data source device (your Razr phone in this instance) to allow the connection sharing. I actually have a Droid Razr phone myself (supplied by my company) and three tablets, including the Xoom FE. Since my company has their own data plan, they have enabled the Droid Razr hot spot capability so I can connect the Xoom FE when I use it for business purposes (such as client presentations, site travel to vendors, etc.). This is the only legitimate (and legal) way to share the phone data plan between devices.

Please note the site rules and policies against posts that circumvent carrier agreements (i.e. sharing your phone's data without paying for the option).

-Doc

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

22 Posts

03-27-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2013-03-02, 4:11 AM

Thanks for replying guys, I got no notification that you did, or I would have responded sooner. I have found a solution to the problem!

Options

6754 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2013-03-08, 18:36 PM

null

Thanks for replying guys, I got no notification that you did, or I would have responded sooner. I have found a solution to the problem!

View original

Hello ejb426,

You are certainly welcome for the help (even 7 months later!). I am also glad that you found a solution to address your situation.

-Doc

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete