07-25-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

Xoom Family Edition to TRASH

2014-07-25, 1:02 AM

After the latest software update by MOTOROLA, my XOOM Family edition tablet (bought in 2012) started giving lots of errors, I didn't care much because I just started a new job and didn't have time to play with it.

After a while I decided to dig it out from my hard case (where it was well kept), and start playing with it, errors start popping like crazy, couldn't do anything without closing on me.

Everything now keeps closing, NOTHING at all works. Tried to Reset it from the setting menu, the tablet will say shutting down, then reboots and back to the same status, no change at ALL.

Tried the hard reset using the down vol with power then toggling the display rotation lock, it will show the Android robot for a few seconds then reboots again. 

Called Motorola, went through all these steps again with the technician over the phone, nothing happened.

He said it will need to be repaired by Motorola, and it's out of warranty, so it will cost you money, I said no problem, let's do it.

Then he asked about the IMEI number of the tablet, I looked everywhere in the settings, I could only locate the Manufacture Serial Number (which has been used before by Motorola for a screen repair, I have all emails from Motorola saying my tablet SN is xxxxxxx) 

Now the Technician cannot issue a service request, he transferred me to another person, then went through all sort of questions again, with lots of hold times. then transferred to another person who asked the same exact questions AGAIN.

I was getting tired and frustrated after more than two and a half hours on the phone, answering the same questions over and over and over, then i asked to speak with a manager or a supervisor.

I was transferred to a supervisor, he had very bad static in his line, could not talk very well, he suggested to call me back to have better connection, I said okay, he took my number, waited for him to call for 30 minutes, he never did,

I called again, then asked to be transferred to a manager or a supervisor right away, I was asked to provide some information to be transferred to the right person, and guess what, AGAIN the same questions about my device, what is it doing, i will issue a service request, what is your IMEI? (while i have told him already that the issue is not being able to find the IMEI to issue a service request), then i was transferred to another person, SERIOUSLY, i was speaking on the phone for another hour or more, SAME QUESTIONS AGAIN. 

At the end, a supervisor was able to tell me that we DO NOT repair tablets anymore.

SO, why have I been on the phone for more than four hours with all these technicians to issue a service request?????

Simply at the end, the device ( more than $400 device plus accessories, used less than two years) will have to go in the trash because Motorola refused to repair it, and their technicians have no clue or idea that they cannot repair it.

I am really pissed and willing not to ever buy something from a company that cannot repair it.

Options

16326 Posts

11-22-2013

US

11 Signins

305 Page Views

• Views: 305
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Xoom Family Edition to TRASH

2014-07-28, 14:07 PM

@Skull-

Sorry you had a bad experience. We're looking to see what can be done.  Standby, we'll be in touch.

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Options

3 Posts

07-25-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 4

2014-07-29, 20:33 PM

Thank You Mark.

I have been contacted by the White glove team.

I think the issue has been resolved, will know for sure in the next few days.

Again, Thank you.

Options

16326 Posts

11-22-2013

US

11 Signins

305 Page Views

• Views: 305
  • Message 4 of 4

2014-07-29, 20:41 PM

@Skull

Thanks. Let us know if you have any other issues.

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete