Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robertsentinel
What's DOS?
Views: 1,614
Message 1 of 4

Battery/Charger usage

I would like to ask what may seem a silly question but is actually based on internal battery discharging and memory lock issues.  When using my 'Motorola Xoom media 2 Edition' for normal use at home would it cause any problems having the charger connected periodically for instance viewing movies etc and removing the charger even though the unit had not been fully charged.  I was concerned that if the internal battery we're not be fully charged  it would cause memory lock issues and battery degradation affecting battery lifespan!  I know cell technology has changed considerably over the years and this anomaly may be a thing of the past.

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 2 of 4

Re: Battery/Charger usage

Hi Robertsentinel,

Unlike nickel and lead-based batteries, lithium-ion batteries do not need cycling through charging and discharging.

However, a full discharge/charge will reset the microprocessor of the battery and will improve the state-of-charge estimation.

We recommend that you perform this procedure when you first use your tabletsand then every few months after that. There is not any standard charging procedure or need for calibration. You can charge them every time the phone’s battery is low.

Hope that you find this helpful.

Cheers,

Nicole

Robertsentinel
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

Many thanks for your kindness and  help in giving me clarity over my query regarding my 'Motorola Xoom 2' cell issues Nicole!  I must confess through my own ignorance I didn't fully discharge the battery  prior to first use but in fact topped up the charge to 100% capacity.  I do hope I have not caused any detrimental effects to the battery life in general!

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 4 of 4

Hi Robertsentinel,

You can always do a full discharge/charge and it will bring back the battery to 99,99% of the maximum capacity. There is always some sort of degradation, but this is so low that you don't need to worry much about this.

Cheers,

Nicole