Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
liam111
What's DOS?
Views: 3,877
Message 1 of 9

Jelly Bean Update/Abandoned Tablet

Do you think we'll ever get the update to Jelly Bean or has Motorola decided to just abandon it altogether?

PLEASE ADD YOUR VOICE IF YOU WANT THIS TABLET TO BE UPDATED

I really thought this would have been updated by now especially since Google took over. I can see that they have done alot of work updating the software on their phones but to having to wait 10 months for the update to Jelly Bean 4.1 is ridiculous!

I THINK THEY NEED TO BE REMINDED THAT THIS IS THEIR FLAGSHIP TABLET.

I last asked this question around the middle of January and the Official word from Motorola was that it was still under revision.

And on the updates page it is still stating "Stay Tuned For An Upgrade Decision". Usually Motorola would state on their updates page that they are going to update it 2 months before they actually update it. Does this mean that we will have to wait about 13 months to get the 3rd latest update(once Android 4.3 or 5.0 is announced next week) presuming they decide in the next week or two that they will update it?

I for one am furious!

PLEASE ADD YOUR VOICE IF YOU WANT THIS TABLET TO BE UPDATED

Phanzer_BR
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 9

Re: Jelly Bean Update/Abandoned Tablet

Waiting for a official reply... oh, wait, they never reply us! Smiley Sad

Niams
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 9

I don't understand why motorola don't update all the xoom devices. I think I will change for Samsung because they kep their devices up to date with the newest android version (Jelly bean). Motorola is a shame. I will share this i formation on Twitter and Facebook.

xbbstorm
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 9

Well, it seems that there won't be any JB for us wifi owners.
They will never get another dime from me. Good thing I have moved on to something else.
Thanks for your disservice Moto!
trickreed
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 9

Hi there,

Well just checked and Software Upgrade News now says:

MOTOROLA XOOM 2 MEDIA EDITION - MZ607

This device will remain on Android 4.0.4 (ICS). 

I am amazed that they couldn't develop the upgrade to Jelly Bean and am very disappointed as I chose Motorola because of the link to Google and only purchased it 18 months ago.

Very Disappointed with Motorola

Regards

Rich of Cobham, UK

GabrielT_
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 9

The MZ608 model - with 3G connection- isn't listed on the website. I hope at least this model recive the upgrade, so the developers can bring this to the wi-fi owners.

LoLL
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 9

Still wainting for Android updates...

I think Apple will stay againt all droid based makers as it supports well old products !

Bye bye Moto, you are a really really really bad corp (and you disapear for that)

Peav
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 9

trickreed said:

Hi there,

Well just checked and Software Upgrade News now says:

MOTOROLA XOOM 2 MEDIA EDITION - MZ607

This device will remain on Android 4.0.4 (ICS). 

I am amazed that they couldn't develop the upgrade to Jelly Bean and am very disappointed as I chose Motorola because of the link to Google and only purchased it 18 months ago.

Very Disappointed with Motorola

Regards

Rich of Cobham, UK

And yet the Xyboard is getting 4.1 - same hardware but different market. You can tell moto dont give a toss about the European market. This tablet has been on the market for less than 2 years and has been abandoned. Aren't google partners supposed to keep the devices updated for 2 years ? Terms of agreement for using Android ? (Android Update Alliance - Just checked and its 18 months. ) So it appears Moto thought about an update until the 18 months had passed then just decided not to bother.

We still haven't had an official fix for the ICS Speaker issue.

I bought the Xoom2Me as it appeared to be the best out there at the time. Didn't expect moto to just ignore it. I was thinking of getting the original 10.1 Xoom but went with the 8.2 Xoom2 thinking newer = better support.... Even the original Xoom 10.1 has got JB update. 

Unlock the Bootloader and allow us to do what we want with our devices. Now that it has been abandoned there is no reason for it to be locked.

Poor show Moto.

Regards

Kev

EDIT :- Forgot to add it is the Verizon Xyboard thats getting 4.1 - Retail xyboard isn't 

DROID XYBOARD 8.2

This device will be upgraded to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) 

Do you have the latest Motorola software? Find out.

Receive emails when software updates are available for your device.

chrisinleedsuk1
Paper Tape
Message 9 of 9

There are ways and means if you're that interested. Mine's running 4.1.2 and I'm reasonably happy with it. It's a real shame that the work has been done and Moto aren't pushing it out for all to use. Maybe Verizon paid for the update?