Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jackdashack
Token Ring
Views: 3,422
Message 1 of 5

Anyone familiar with FileManager HD?

I use this to transfer files to other computers. It worked fine but then. I guess I can trace it back to when I did a factory restore on this HP WIndows 8. Everything else is talking on the network but when I try to transfer files from the Xoom via FileManagerHD there is an error. I've gone into the setup for this Pc and the IP is correct. It's set up just like the XP that next to it, both hooked up with Ethernet cable.

Any ideas why the connection fails?

Much appreciated for your time!  ":-\  Jack

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 5

Re: Anyone familiar with FileManager HD?

Hello jackdashack,

I have used File Manager HD extensively with several different networked PCs and I have had no issues connecting to Windows XP and Windows 7 systems, but Windows 8 has its challenges. You may want to explore the firewall setup on the Windows 8 system and see if it is blocking your Xoom. While I like File Manager HD, I find the app "WiFi File Explorer" much easier to use, since any desktop browser can access the Xoom's storage via local wired or wireless networks.

-Doc

jackdashack
Token Ring
Message 3 of 5

Doc, thanks greatly. I like FilemanagerHD too, have used it in the past successfully transferring files over the network wirelessly. I don't know for sure what cause the interruption. I did do a full factory recovery on this a little over a month ago. Possibly there was an option changed back in February to use FilemangerHD I'd forgotten I made and need to do it again.

Also, just for fun I'll check out WiFi File Explorer. While I have a knowledgeable guy on the line wink  do you have any suggests for an app that would record the streaming music on the Xoom?  There was one I saw by Leemsoft (sic?) but when it downloads it doesn't seem to install. All other downloads install. But I find no other programs like that.

Thanks so much! Jack  ":-D

docbrown1
Bit Torrent
Message 4 of 5

jackdashack said:

Doc, thanks greatly. I like FilemanagerHD too, have used it in the past successfully transferring files over the network wirelessly. I don't know for sure what cause the interruption. I did do a full factory recovery on this a little over a month ago. Possibly there was an option changed back in February to use FilemangerHD I'd forgotten I made and need to do it again.

Also, just for fun I'll check out WiFi File Explorer. While I have a knowledgeable guy on the line wink  do you have any suggests for an app that would record the streaming music on the Xoom?  There was one I saw by Leemsoft (sic?) but when it downloads it doesn't seem to install. All other downloads install. But I find no other programs like that.

Thanks so much! Jack  ":-D

View original

@jackdashack,

What type of streaming are you trying to record? If you are using Internet radio, the application "Radio Record" on the Google Play store is a very good utility. If you are streaming audio from another source, then it would depend on the format and streaming method.

-Doc

jackdashack
Token Ring
Message 5 of 5

Thanks once again Doc, I will try this program out. It was mainly stations I wanted to record, not necessarily news events or such.  ":-D jack