cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jackdashack
Token Ring
Views: 2,263
Message 1 of 3

Where is the azw file downloaded from Amazon?

I have a motorola xoom ICS. I have the Kindle app. I can read the book fine with the app. The agent at Amazon said the file was a physical AZW file. I have used File Manager HD to search and it can find no AZW files. Even when I find the Kindle folder it's empty. Where is this file residing? 

Thanks much!  Jack  ":-\\

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 2 of 3

Re: Where is the azw file downloaded from Amazon?

Hi jackdashack

First of all, I suppose you have an azw file and you want to read it on the tablet?

Of course the location depends on the application and there might be more than one version or they might be storing the files in various folders, depending on the available memory, or Android version.

On a Motorola Pro Plus (2.3 Android) the Kindle app stores files in the memory card in Android/data/com.amazon.kindle/files but it will probably not be an azw file since the Kindle app decompresses these files and separates them. If you put your own file here, see if it will be added to the Kindle bookcase.

If you have a file it is much easier to just send it via email to your kindle address (check in the Amazon - Your Account, Manage your Kindle). But first you have to add your own email address here so that the Amazon system will allow files to arrive (in Personal Document Settings)

If you send a supported file format to the kindle address - can be seen on the same Personal Document Settings website, it will appear on the bookcase in the Kindle app and you will be able to download it to the app.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have more questions.

Cheers,

Nicole
jackdashack
Token Ring
Message 3 of 3

Re: Where is the azw file downloaded from Amazon?

Thanks Nicole!  I guess at the time I'd felt for the $30 I had nothing concrete for it, not even a file and I thought the only place I had it was on the Cloud. I still think that is a silly notion but then since 1988 and my first computer I've seen a lot of things come along that I thought were silly and some I finally gave into and found useful.

What I did was got the Kindle app for the Pc here and that surely gave me physical files to see on the hard drive. Now where they are on the Xoom as yet I don't know, and not so worried now. I have proved to myself that I can access them without the wifi being on. I had thought for a few moments there in the beginning I had to have access to wifi to read it. No so of course.

So it's there somewhere on the Xoom. There is a Kindle fold on the Xoom but it's empty? Oh well, whatever. I guess if for some reason I did a factory recovery on the Xoom I can always download it again from Manage your Kindle or even email or use File ManagerHD to get it back on the Xoom. 

Thanks again!  Jack  ":-D