Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Navrig2
What's DOS?
Views: 300
Message 1 of 5

When will we get Jelly Bean?

Now that ICS is making its way to some of us (not me yet) i think we should start a thread trying to predict when Jelly Bean will start being rolled out OTA.

My first guess is March 2013.

Then we can start to guess when the first moan about it being delayed will be posted.

My first guess is July 2012.

mortes
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 5

Re: When will we get Jelly Bean?

You don't make any sense... neither with your motive, nor with your timeline... If you are bored do something creative.

By the way I just updated my European Wifi + 3G Xoom with the US wifi stock rom. ICS is working flawlessly. The only downside: no 3G and no other languages then English, Spanish and French. But actually... I can live with that Smiley Tongue

RajK
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 5

mortes said:

You don't make any sense... neither with your motive, nor with your timeline... If you are bored do something creative.

By the way I just updated my European Wifi + 3G Xoom with the US wifi stock rom. ICS is working flawlessly. The only downside: no 3G and no other languages then English, Spanish and French. But actually... I can live with that Smiley Tongue

how?

mortes
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 5

You would have to install the Android SDK including fastboot and install the relevant drivers. In addition you would have to download the US wifi stock rom from the Motorola developer page. With all installed and ready you would have to send your Xoom in fastboot mode, unlock your Xoom (voiding warranty) and flash the stock image files you downloaded before. Afterwards reboot your Xoom and it should update several times until it reaches ICS.

Until now I didn't have any problems neither on the hardware nor the software side. I'm not yet sure about the energy consumption as the battery seems to be draining a bit faster. This might be due to the rom not being the correct one for my Xoom or simply a result of ICS. Anyway I won't take any responsibility if this process bricks your device.

If you are really interested in doing this you'll probably find more information on the web, you'll just have to search for it. I think it's not allowed to post a detailed step-by-step guide here.

deejayh
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 5

ok. Been thinking about doing this.

Do you (or anyone) know what we may lose out on by flashing the US rom - I have heard that there is the loss of the sd card - any thing else?