Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA XOOM™ (Non-U.S.)
All Forum Topics
Options

17 Posts

07-26-2012

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 181 of 187

Re: 4.0 ICS Update for UK XOOM

2012-08-07, 17:52 PM
TRose,

The update is now available but I still haven't received a notification and can't pull it.
Can you please help.

Matt
Options

61 Posts

07-29-2011

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 182 of 187

2012-08-07, 21:14 PM

Hello Trose, the photo editor for ICS 4.0.4 Gallery does not function it has tried to run a couple of times but there is no EDIT  for one to touch on the gallery screen. Am I missing something??

Also I seem to have a lot of Firmware configurations (3) is this correct??

Options

930 Posts

07-10-2010

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 183 of 187

2012-08-08, 9:34 AM

About the Firmware configuration versions: Looks the same on mine, so it's normal.:)

For editing photos in the gallery, tap the screen and in the top right corner three little squares should appear (menu button).

Tap this and in the menu there should be "edit".

Options

6817 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 184 of 187

2012-08-08, 13:07 PM

MattCl said:

TRose, The update is now available but I still haven't received a notification and can't pull it. Can you please help. Matt

Hello MattCl,

The OTA release is staged by a population of the customer segment each day until complete. This gradual OTA release approach avoids server traffic and bandwidth issues and spreads out the migration process. I will check with Motorola and see when the UK rollout for ICS is expected complete (likely another week or so) and I would suggest continuing to check daily until then.

If you (or anyone else) do not receive your OTA update by the end of the release window, I will be glad to work with a Motorola Tech to push another OTA image to your tablet.

-Doc

Options

61 Posts

07-29-2011

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 185 of 187

2012-08-08, 14:50 PM

Thanks for the reply TROSE, discovered the edit button just after sending the post!!

Options

3 Posts

08-08-2012

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 186 of 187

2012-08-08, 18:38 PM
So, when will Motorola deliver the long-awaited, many times-promised USB Host functionality?
That was *promised* to be available with Android v4 (aka ICS), but it is NOT there!
How much longer b4 Motor "wake up and smell the coffee"?
Practically every other Android Tablet offers functionality to read (at least) USB Memory 'sticks'.

PLEASE *deliver* this USB Host functionality, soon. Motorola UK - do it. And do it now.

ksh
Options

8 Posts

07-29-2012

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 187 of 187

2012-08-11, 10:13 AM

OK

I now have ICS on my UK wifi 32gb XOOM

I downloaded it via my Motorola DEFY via a bluetooth bluetooth teather...

The 75mb of data took about 25 minutes to download, not pad over a 3g connection.

The Install was sweet, no problems...

My observations todate:

Typography font sizes have changed

Contacts list now accepts google mail grouping, so now a better alround product

help is replaced by 3 squares - a bit confussing

Downside

AVia Media as well as other Media streamers - do not now recognise the 32gb SD card directorys, I had 100 videos on the SD card, but now the media streamers only see very few files and do not see all the directories...  basically 8 video files out of over 100!!!!

In MX Player PRO this was found to be due to the setting of S/W DECODER you need to set it to FAST MODE otherwise MX Player only sees and plays a few files that correcpond to FAST Mode,  this FREES up both the Missing Directories and the Video files. IF you turn this OFF, then you can only see videos that will play - basically MX trys to play each video, it starts stops and then trys the next video until it finds one it can play - going through 100 videos was interesting!!!!

Many of the APPS need to be reinstalled, in many cases the ICONS do not migrate during the upgrade to ICS, so another reinstall can resolve this issue...

APPS control - we have gone like any other app menu control, un interesting and boring. the 3.2 version was kinda cool having full screen representation so you could quickly see which screen you was on, NOW we dont have that as either an optional feature it is GONE! So now we have APPS and WIDGETS all together in ONE scrren shot!!! this is a MESS.

at the moment still testing but not 100% happy with the migration to ICS...

Very few features warrent such a major upgrade??? but then again I am only looking at what is visable not is what is hiddening behind the scenes... so cannot comment on that.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms