Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA XOOM™ (Non-U.S.)
All Forum Topics
Options

27 Posts

05-16-2011

Denmark

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 31 of 61

Re: ICS Update Schedule Conclusion

2012-06-05, 21:13 PM

tigertim said:

Hi E-B,

I am glad that I am not the only one here who enjiys using the Xoom. It does exactly what it said it would do on the box. My frustration is all of the angst that seems to get poured out because an update isn't here yet. I am sure ICS will be lovely but for now the Xoom does what I need it to and what it promised to. Anybody who bought a Xoom on the promise of having ICS installled by Christmas 2011 has a case, the rest I am not so sure.

Makes me wonder howe people will cope once ICS is finally released. This place will be quiet, that's for sure...........

It is not a question of whether Android 3.2 works or not. Of course it does. It has bugs, especially in the browser, but I guess we could live with it.

The problem is that as a customer I find it reasonable to have certain expectations to the device manufacturer. Among these are at least to give the same level of support as other customers of the “same” device (read: US customers). I also expect to get the same level of support as customers that purchased devices from other manufacturers (read: HTC, ASUS, Samsung, etc.). Motorola has provided me with no such guarantee in writing and thus they could terminate pretty much all support of the device tomorrow if they wanted to.  However, when I purchased the devices my expectations were that they wouldn’t.

So you see this is all about expectations. If Motorola wants to play by difference rules than everybody else, then there is little I can do about it. However then I would like the world to know that they should expect less from Motorola than from manufacturers.

With regards to ICS, let me just say: I have ICS on my phone and it is way better than Android 3.x. If that is too vague, then here is an example: ICS let me use Chrome instead of the old browser and that alone should be enough for anyone to want to switch. 

Lastly with regards to timing, I find it unreasonable that non US customers are treated significantly worse than US customers. And I take note in that Motorola performs significantly worse than its competitors. That makes me want to avoid Motorola devices in the future. So why write it here? Because I believe that potential customers should be given a fair chance to know what they are buying. Otherwise they might have expectations that Motorola cannot fulfill.

Options

84 Posts

01-06-2012

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 32 of 61

2012-06-15, 7:26 AM

Id love to know if the MZ601 I bought is EMEA or US or ASIA - how the hell do I work it out !? Motorola Support US checked and told me - "We dont support that unit so cant tell you where its from"

WTF

Thought I had learned my lesson from the MOTOACTV shambles, Motorola really does suck with support.

Options

228 Posts

04-29-2012

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 33 of 61

2012-06-18, 14:39 PM
The conclusion is, as per Moto's reply to question about ICS update:
'The focus tends to go first to the largest groups of owners.' Which is an admission that the US will always get the support first and last come regions where there was low sales.
Kind of explains all, think about Australia 3G Xooms now being updated and most probably LatAm will b the last same as with previous updates.
So I think we can come up with a more accurate ICS update schedule based on sales numbers.
And my advice to the community is, as ridiculous as it sounds, do not buy a Motorola product unless there has been high sale numbers in your region otherwise you will not get any support.
Options

39 Posts

06-18-2012

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 34 of 61

2012-06-18, 20:54 PM

I've told family and friends to get any other Android tablet than the Xoom, even though the current price is good for what you get, the support is terrible.

If companies like Archos can put out ICS tablets already, what the hell is going on with Motorola?

Options

228 Posts

04-29-2012

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 35 of 61

2012-06-23, 5:42 AM
MOTOFAIL
Options

12 Posts

05-23-2012

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 36 of 61

2012-06-23, 6:25 AM

I don't see why the Australians should get it before UK if we're going by population; the UK has nearly triple the population of Australia!

Options

100 Posts

12-29-2011

Australia

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 37 of 61

2012-06-23, 6:41 AM

Ultraman1966 said:

I don't see why the Australians should get it before UK if we're going by population; the UK has nearly triple the population of Australia!

and  Tripple the whinging also.

ICS is great, Xoom runs faster, connects better, battery life is greatly improved, far better tablet experience. IMHO

You can root your xoom if you want too, been able to do that for the past 6 months. no waiting Team EOS has a great custom rom.

Not all AUSTRALIA has the update, so dont worry we arent getting a free kick, except in the rugby where we beat Wales.

Options

228 Posts

04-29-2012

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 38 of 61

2012-06-23, 9:36 AM
The update schedule is based on 'Xoom Population' not human population.
Options

228 Posts

04-29-2012

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 39 of 61

2012-06-23, 9:36 AM
The update schedule is based on 'Xoom Population' not human population.
Options

84 Posts

01-06-2012

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 40 of 61

2012-06-25, 20:31 PM

This is a joke, MOTOROLA really know how to mess up a good product, they did it with the terrible MOTOACTV product and they have done it with this shower of poop. 

Why the state secrets of the release dates, I just dont understand it. 

Id prefer an email from MOTO giving me the finger, sorry Matt but the chain of communication is poor.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms