Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA XOOM™ (Non-U.S.)
All Forum Topics
Options

25 Posts

08-09-2011

Austria

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 25

Picasa images not showing in the Gallery

2012-08-07, 7:55 AM

After the upgrade to ICS (obviously my XOOM wrongly assumes its T-Mobile Germany) my picasa albums are no longer showing in the Gallery app.

In Settings -> Accounts & sync -> <my Google account> the "Sync Picasa Web Albums" is missing (not just unchecked - not there). All sync options are checked.

I tried deleting an readding my google account and a factory reset without succes. Picasa albums are still not there. 

My picasa albums are not public but showing fine on my Transformer Pad (also ICS 4.0.3).

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Answer
Options

5 Posts

08-26-2012

Australia

0 Signins

0 Page Views

Re: Picasa images not showing in the Gallery

2012-08-28, 12:54 PM

I highly recommend GEDifying your xoom. 

1. it fixes the picasa syncing with the Gallery

2. you'll get updated to Jelly Bean

3. Its really easy.

Replies(24)
Options

9 Posts

07-31-2011

Spain

1 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 2 of 25

2012-08-07, 17:32 PM

The same behaviour in my case. Picasa images have disappear in the Gallery. Before doing anything, I will wait for some time, as Doc Brown recommended, just in case some processes related to the upgrade are still running in background.

I have checked the PTP file transfer with my cameras, using the USB OTG cable. The process works well, as before, with my old Canon Ixus 800IS. I doesn't work with my new Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ30. After switching it on and selecting PictBridge in the screen, the Gallery opens up, but the option to import pictures doesn't show up. But I have to notice that I hadn't checked this with Honeycomb and this new camera.

Options

6817 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 25

2012-08-08, 14:50 PM

After the upgrade to ICS (obviously my XOOM wrongly assumes its T-Mobile Germany) my picasa albums are no longer showing in the Gallery app.

In Settings -> Accounts & sync -> <my Google account> the "Sync Picasa Web Albums" is missing (not just unchecked - not there). All sync options are checked.

I tried deleting an readding my google account and a factory reset without succes. Picasa albums are still not there. 

My picasa albums are not public but showing fine on my Transformer Pad (also ICS 4.0.3).

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Greeting totaleclipse and franciso_sierra,

I have not seen this issue between Picasa under ICS previously, have you tried uninstalling, rebooting and then reinstalling Picasa to see if the sync option reappears? It sounds like the OS is not recognizing the Picasa app relationship after the upgrade.

Please post your results and findings.

-Doc

Options

930 Posts

07-10-2010

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 25

2012-08-08, 15:13 PM

Have a look here: 

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/87cc490362?commentId=650757#650757

Options

25 Posts

08-09-2011

Austria

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 25

2012-08-08, 17:00 PM

@docbrown: I am talking about Picasa (from Google) images in the standard "Gallery" app. Picasso seems to be something else. At least I am not aware of how to reinstall the standard Gallery app.

@TRose

The option to sync Picasa Web Albums with the Gallery app is no longer available with the ICS update.

However, you will still be able to download your Picasa Web Albums to the Xoom using the Google+ app

which is available as a free download on the Play Store

(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.plus&hl=en)

This seems to be a XOOM only limitation and is clearly a bug.

It works flawlessly on my Transformer Pad (on ICS).

The Google+ app is not as convenient as the Gallery.

In my opinion a fix is required!

Options

6817 Posts

02-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 25

2012-08-08, 17:14 PM

totaleclipse said:

@docbrown: I am talking about Picasa (from Google) images in the standard "Gallery" app. Picasso seems to be something else. At least I am not aware of how to reinstall the standard Gallery app.

@TRose

The option to sync Picasa Web Albums with the Gallery app is no longer available with the ICS update.

However, you will still be able to download your Picasa Web Albums to the Xoom using the Google+ app

which is available as a free download on the Play Store

(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.plus&hl=en)

This seems to be a XOOM only limitation and is clearly a bug.

It works flawlessly on my Transformer Pad (on ICS).

The Google+ app is not as convenient as the Gallery.

In my opinion a fix is required!

@totaleclips,

Sorry, that was actually a spelling correction by the forum editor - nice. I had assumed you had added the Web Albums from the Market, but it looks like that is not the case. Again, this has not been mentioned in the many other ICS threads, so I wonder if this is a global Xoom ICS issue or not. I'll see if I can reproduce the same issue on my Xoom 4G/LTE.

-Doc

Options

25 Posts

08-09-2011

Austria

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 25

2012-08-08, 17:40 PM

Again, this has not been mentioned in the many other ICS threads, ...

I was very suprised to find nothing obviously relevant in the forums (US and non US) when doing a search (I did miss the thread cited by TRose though).

It would be very interesting to know if it works on 4G/LTE. I suspect it does otherewise there should be forum entries.

Options

5 Posts

08-26-2012

Australia

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 25

2012-08-26, 13:07 PM

" The option to sync Picasa Web Albums with the Gallery app is no longer available with the ICS update."  - posted August 8, 2012 by TRose on thread: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/87cc490362?start=1&stop=15

This is too much!

I patiently and anxiously waited for the ICS update to roll out to my wifi Xoom here in Australia... holding on to the idea that Motorola were doing the right thing, they were testing it to work properly, and be fully compatible with what ever it needed to be compatible with. I followed their thread on Facebook. I checked their website, and these forums regularly. I held onto the notion that it would all come together in due course and time.

And then, while others were reporting across the world that their Xoom was getting Jelly Bean, i was just starting to play around with the new ICS update to my Xoom which had been pushed out just a week earlier... and you know what i found?... my picasa albums were not showing up in the Gallery app anymore. I deleted my account, thinking it must have got a setting wrong somewhere, and I started from scratch, and got the same problem.

Then I find out that this is intended functionality. Motorola decided to push non US users to use the Google + app photos option instead. WTF?!

That was too much. I know that the default Android 4.04 Ice Cream Sandwich OS has this functionality, but i did not have it on my newly updated Xoom - Google device.

So, i decided to find another way. I could root it... but i didn't really know which rom to use, and i wouldnt get the new updates from google from then on... but wait, i wasnt getting the updates from google anyway, i was getting updates from Motorola.

It was then i realised that Motorola couldn't be counted on to improve my device with their updates and i decided to GEDify my Xoom.

Now that's its done, and its received all the OTA updates up to Jelly Bean, i can't believe i waited so long, and i'm truely disappointed with Motorola Australia.

My updates will come directly from google from now on... and thats what i thought i was getting when i boung my Xoom in the first place.

Options

17 Posts

07-26-2012

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 25

2012-08-26, 23:34 PM
Can't agree more.
In previous updates Motorola's delays were justified by further testing and adding apps like Motoprint, now not only we had to wait more than 8 months for ICS, Motoprint is missing and stock functions like synchronising Picasa picts have been removed. I hope someone can e/plain to us the rationale behind omitting this very important function.
Options

12 Posts

07-06-2012

Netherlands

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 25

2012-08-27, 9:36 AM

I REALLY miss this feature in the MZX601 ICS upgrade, can't we just get the RAZR Maxx Gallery App enabled for the Xoom? It works there!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms