Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA XOOM™ U.S. (3G, 4G LTE or Wi-Fi)
All Forum Topics
Options

963 Posts

10-23-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 11 of 11

Re: Wi-fi keeps disconnecting -

2012-06-25, 17:50 PM

gmanapps said:

scottd said:

Thank you for the input. I am using a Verizon FiOS Actiontec M424WR - Rev1 Wireless N router. It is the newer version and it works fine on my Bionic. Is there a setting that I need to change on my Xoom or on my router?

Haven't had time to look at specifics of your router, I downloaded the pdf manual last night but haven't had time ot look at it.

Things to check:

Should be configured to run WPA2/AES   or WPA/AES if WPA2 isn't available.   Running TKIP will nerf bandwidth as technicaly its not secure and the official N standard will only allow 2Mbs of throughput using TKIP.

Check the DHCP lease time for leases being put out by your router.   Try setting it for something like 2 weeks.   Some routers when set to very high lease times will deliver a zero as the lease length.    Some routers falsing assume 0 means infinite, but android sees it as a 0 length lease which will cause it to just cycle over and over again when trying to attach to the AP.

Also if you router supports a B/G/N mode and you aren't running any B or G devices, configure your router for N only.   A single device (neighbors, car driving down the street etc) that pings your router when its in B/G/N compatibility mode will force router down to B mode.   So if you have all N devices best to disable the B/G compatibility.

Thank you. I will try to figure out how to look at and change settings on the router. I must research it since I have no manual.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms