Options

2 Posts

10-09-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 5

Anybody else very disapointed with the new update?

2012-10-09, 4:09 AM

I was originally extremely happy with my Motorola Eprt. Until recently when my phone asked me if i wanted to update. I did and i am now very disapointed with it the entire look of the phone changed and doesn't even have the look of the red on black like an original motorola phone that i really liked. And it is running terribly slow. And there is lots of convinient things i loved that now just isn't available, i dont see why. Like i can set anyone of my downloaded songs as my ringtone now just can't do it. Im sure everyone else is having similar inconveinences and i would appreciate it if you guys could let me know how to go back to the original operating system.

Options

2 Posts

10-09-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 5

Re: Anybody else very disapointed with the new update?

2012-10-09, 13:39 PM

There is no way to downgrade back to your old system once you upgrade.

I would suggest looking a themes if you are not happy with the look/feel etc.

Look on the market for a music notification app if you dont like the builti in one

Options

1 Posts

10-09-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2012-10-10, 5:42 AM
Yes, I'm very disappointed as well. Not keen on the blueness and overall change in appearance. Like you said, performance is noticeably slower now, too. For instance, after pressing the browser icon, the screen either turns to black as it waits for the browser to open, or a 'not responding' box pops up asking whether I want to force close or wait. Another inconvenience I've found is that I can no longer set my SMS notification LED light to solid. No matter which values I input into the Blink Rate box, it just always blinks! And ever so slowly at that. Quite annoying. Will invest in a more reliable mobile phone due to this latest update.
Options

7 Posts

08-31-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2012-11-07, 15:10 PM

I have to agree with the disappointment.  My wife has complained as much or more about her phone post upgrade as she did before.  Instead of random reboots, it slows to a crawl on a regular basis.  It just won't do anything.  She ends up pulling the battery because she feels it is the only way to get it working again, even though it is hasn't actually stalled or locked up.

Memory management is utter rubbish now.  I used to be jealous because when I would look at her available memory and it would be huge relative to my Evo Shift.  Now it is routinely below 40MB.  I am not a big believer in task managers but on her phone going in and killing apps, some that she has NEVER launched herself, is the only way to get it operating somewhat smoothly.  I am going to have to install an automatic task killer and see if that helps.

I need to make her happy with the phone or she will want to use my upgrade since she isn't due for another 7 months!

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

US

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 5 of 5

2012-11-07, 18:46 PM

DavidZ said:

I have to agree with the disappointment.  My wife has complained as much or more about her phone post upgrade as she did before.  Instead of random reboots, it slows to a crawl on a regular basis.  It just won't do anything.  She ends up pulling the battery because she feels it is the only way to get it working again, even though it is hasn't actually stalled or locked up.

Memory management is utter rubbish now.  I used to be jealous because when I would look at her available memory and it would be huge relative to my Evo Shift.  Now it is routinely below 40MB.  I am not a big believer in task managers but on her phone going in and killing apps, some that she has NEVER launched herself, is the only way to get it operating somewhat smoothly.  I am going to have to install an automatic task killer and see if that helps.

I need to make her happy with the phone or she will want to use my upgrade since she isn't due for another 7 months!

View original

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

Some tips for keeping your device running as efficiently as possible:

• Power down on a daily basis for about 5 minutes.  This will help to keep your cache clearer, refresh your connection to the network, and stop any runaway processese that may be hogging device resources.

• Use the back key to back out of apps.  Do this instead of just hitting the home key and opening another app...depending upon how well the app is written, some apps will continue to use resources in the background or some will suspend in the background.  Using the back key will help to minimize which apps are using resources.

• Consider using an app like App Cache Cleaner.  This app can be set to clear your cache on an hourly basis, and you can also add a widget to your homescreens to clear the cache more often.

• Only keep apps that you actually use on the device.  Uninstall those apps that you do not use or use very sporadically as they may utilitize resources.

Be careful of 3rd party task managers.  Moto has a pre-installed Task Manager on their devices that is safer to use because it will not kill off any processes that are necessary for the device to run properly.  I have personally never had a need to utilizie this app, but if you are intent on using a task killer, use the one that is Moto specific...

Source:  http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/Experiences/Performance_Manager/US/US.htm

Task Manager is tuned to Motorola handsets and applications. Task Manager notifies you when there is a problem and prevents you from ending applications and services that are critical to system stability.

Market task managers do not notify you when there is a problem nor do they distinguish between critical system and core applications for users. If used incorrectly, they can cause more problems. For example, some system applications are configured to auto-start. If a third-party task manager ends or auto-ends an application that is configured to auto-start, this will cause a loop and cause the phone to crash. Also, some applications, such as voicemail, are tied to the phone's radio and ending those applications will cause you to lose the ability to make calls. Task Manager prevents this from happening as well.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete