Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA XPRT™
All Forum Topics
Options

20 Posts

07-01-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 11 of 16

Re: XPRT: GPS Problems/Freezing Up

2011-07-11, 14:19 PM

I seems that the latest update to Google Maps may have fixed the issue.  Will have to try again this week, I'm making a trip to Pittsburgh.

Options

4740 Posts

06-19-2010

United States of America

101 Signins

1907 Page Views

• Views: 1907
  • Message 12 of 16

2011-07-15, 2:27 AM

@maddog2727

Have you come across this issue anymore?

If not, could you please mark this post as answered, in case others have a similar issue they will be able to find the answer?

Thanks,

J

Options

20 Posts

07-01-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 13 of 16

2011-07-16, 12:51 PM

I had to do a reset on the phone and reinstall everything.  The freeze up did occur again, and I also ended up getting another problem where deleted SMS would appear at the bottom of the list as a blank conversation dated 1969. 

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 14 of 16

2011-08-25, 3:06 AM

@maddog2727

Just an oddball thought....

Would you consider trying this?

Install an app called QUICK SETTINGS by Sergeej Shafarenka from the Android Market.  Use the toggle for GPS to turn your GPS ON.  You may want to toggle back and forth a few times to make sure it the GPS is engaging.

Go into SETTINGS>>>LOCATION AND SECURITY and verify that the following are CHECKED

• use wireless networks
  • use GPS satellites

Then try running the Google Nav that was making your phone seize up.

It almost sounds like your GPS is hanging and locking up your phone.  This might also occur during the Google Search if you have the google search set to USE DEVICE LOCATION (mine is)...maybe?

Another way to come at it is to set the google search to NOT use device location....and see if it still freezes the phone.

Right now it sounds like something on the phone is not allowing GOOGLE products to have access to the GPS...which would be beyond strange!

If you are game to try any of the above, and find out anything interesting, please update us by posting

Best of luck,

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Options

34 Posts

08-02-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 15 of 16

2012-06-12, 20:02 PM

did we ever find a solution to this issue?  I too have my navigation freeze on me -- not the telenav.  only the regular navigation (google).  i realized this after the update install of motorola firmware.

before the motorola firmware update, i would answer calls and not hear anything. (remember this??)

After the update, that stopped and everything worked.....until i realized the navigation started freezing up.  before the firmware update, the navigation was perfect.  now after the update, it freezes.

please help.

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 16 of 16

2012-06-12, 21:04 PM

cheezykiwi said:

did we ever find a solution to this issue?  I too have my navigation freeze on me -- not the telenav.  only the regular navigation (google).  i realized this after the update install of motorola firmware.

before the motorola firmware update, i would answer calls and not hear anything. (remember this??)

After the update, that stopped and everything worked.....until i realized the navigation started freezing up.  before the firmware update, the navigation was perfect.  now after the update, it freezes.

please help.

Doesn't look like we did...at least @maddog never posted that their issue was resolved.

Make sure you are on the most up to date Google Maps app.  

If you are still having issues, I'd say run your device in Safe Mode and see if you still have the same issue.  If it goes away, then one of your 3rd party apps may be causing this.  

Instructions for Safe Mode (if you have not found them already):

• Power down.  Wait a minute.

• Power the phone up.

• When you see the "M" screen count to 3 then press both volume buttons.

• Then keep holding until you see safe mode on lock screen after Now screen.

• Note:  You can get out of Safe Mode by just powering down, then power up normally.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms