Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA XPRT™
All Forum Topics
Options

20 Posts

07-05-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 281 of 357

Re: XPRT: Phone Audio Problems, requires daily reboot

2011-09-12, 15:15 PM

My Update of the XPRT call audio problem:  Carol from Sprint (Dan's office) replied immediately to my second request for an appointment to take my 3 month old XPRT back to the sprint store (I cancelled the first one for fear of wasting my time), and I went in on Saturday.  The manager there was waiting for me and aware of my issue, much to my amazement.  He took the phone back to his tech for about 5 minutes and returned saying that they were not interested in troubleshooting the phone or giving me another XPRT for replacement because of the known calling issues and they don't want me to get a new XPRT and have the same issues. He showed me a list of phones at equal or lesser value for me to exchange if I was interested that would meet my needs.  I asked if I could go home and research two of them, as I didn't want to pick another smart phone with such major issues.  I ended up exchanging the XPRT for the HTC Evo Switch (the one with the keyboard) and love it.  I've never had such an easy customer service oriented experience at Sprint, EVER such as this! They even synced up my bluetooth in my car!  I am so glad I went back and thank you for the recommendation and email address for Dan at Sprint.  The new phone synced my contacts flawlessly and I now don't have over 1000 email addresses I'll never use in my contacts.  A very good experience.  Kudos to Sprint!

Options

14 Posts

08-21-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 282 of 357

2011-09-13, 1:26 AM

Well my phone actually died last Friday as far as the Ringer goes.  Took it to the Sprint store and they told me it was a known issue.  They ordered me a replacement as they told me there were no XPRT's in the Metro area which makes me wonder if they recalled them all.  In any case I got my Refurbished phone tonight so we shall see how long this one lasts before I have problems with it.  I will keep you posted. 

Options

56 Posts

04-01-2013

USA

5 Signins

64 Page Views

• Views: 64
  • Message 283 of 357

2011-09-13, 17:48 PM

I have also questioned the XPRT being discontinued. Yesterday I spoke with management at Motorola and was reassured the XPRT will not be discontinued early and it will have a normal lifecycle. I was also told that there is a software update the will be released soon. It sounds like it's pretty challenging to get the testing/approval from all involved before the patch can be released (Sprint, Google, and Motorola). I was also told they are still planning on a Gingerbread upgrade but it will be seperate from the patch that fixes the audio problem among other things.

Options

34 Posts

08-02-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 284 of 357

2011-09-14, 17:06 PM

when do they expect the updates/patch/etc. to come out?  Do we go to the sprint store for the update or can we do it ourself on the phone?

Options

56 Posts

04-01-2013

USA

5 Signins

64 Page Views

• Message 285 of 357

2011-09-14, 17:24 PM

I tried but could not get a date. The update will show up in the "notification area" of your phone just like other Android apps do.

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 286 of 357

2011-09-14, 17:42 PM

@1wheeler1

Thank you for the exciting and reassuring information.   Wondering how you were able to talk to Moto Management ... you should work for BGR or something!

@cheezykiwi

Updates are usually OTA (over the air) and your phone will notify you when an update is available.  Simply follow the prompts on your phone to get the OTA update.  No need to goto the Sprint store

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Options

56 Posts

04-01-2013

USA

5 Signins

64 Page Views

• Message 287 of 357

2011-09-14, 18:09 PM

@eaccents

This previous post is how I ended up with a contact at Motorola.

1wheeler1 wrote:

I just received a call from Motorola's XPRT product manager who told me there are no plans whatsoever to EOL the XPRT and I was told they are diligently working with Sprint on releasing a fix for the audio problems.

This call came about because I had sent an e-mail to the Motorola engineer I'm working with on a corporate sync problem asking if the XPRT was going to be EOL. He forwarded to the product manager who called me directly.

Kudos to Motorola for that kind of quick response. I doubt I'd get a call like that from Samsung or HTC.

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 288 of 357

2011-09-14, 18:54 PM

@1wheeler1

Very cool. 

Moto, by far, has been the most responsive cell phone manufacturer I have ever dealt with.  I spent years with Blackberry and heaven forbid that one ever had to be escalated past Sprint Tech to BB Tech....usually no answers, just more runaround.

Again, thanks for the great news on the XPRT.  Now if only more accessories were available!

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Options

14 Posts

08-21-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 289 of 357

2011-09-17, 3:00 AM

Well I received a replacement phone on Monday and so far it is working just fine. I personally am beginning to believe it is a hardware problem and not a software problem.  I think they have a number of defective phones on the market and that is why no Sprint Stores have any at the moment.

Options

11 Posts

07-26-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 290 of 357

2011-09-21, 19:11 PM

So... is there any clue when the update will be coming? 

Will it be before or after the rapture in 2012?

This problem is getting very annoying - and knowing that an update will fix it but the update has yet to arrive..

- is even more annoying.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms