Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA XPRT™
All Forum Topics
Options

34 Posts

08-02-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

screen freezes after update

2011-10-16, 22:39 PM

Hello, i recently downloaded the update 4.1.110 MB 612. so far the audio issue we have all been discussing seems to be fixed.  Now, i am having freezing screen  issues.  the screen just stops responding to the touch.  for example, yesterday someone called me, i saw them calling, it was ringing, i tried to slide the green button to answer but nothing happened. it was frozen/stuck.  this has happened 2 times now.  not just when someone calls but just in general when i am trying to unlock my phone.  when i tried unlocking my phone, nothing happened.  i pressed the power button to wake up the phone but nothing. it was just a black screen.  finally i held down the power button and it eventually turned off and powered back on.

has anyone else had this issue?

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: screen freezes after update

2011-10-17, 12:32 PM

So far, no.

Would you like to try a hard reset?  @servbotx had someone else try a hard reset when they said their XPRT displayed some issues after the update.  When the user did the hard reset, the phone did indicate a few errors in the cache which seemed to be cleared up by the reset....

To perform the hard reset:

• Make sure to back up your SMS and anything else you may need before a wipe, as your device will be in a "factory state"

• Power device off.
  • Press and hold the R and M keys while holding the power button. Hold them down until you get to the triangle/! screen.
  • Press @.
  • Use the volume keys to navigate to "wipe data/factory reset"
  • Make selection with the return key.
  • Choose "yes, delete all user data."
  • tap return key.
  • The device should go through the wipe processes in a few minutes.
  • Once completed, select reboot system now.
Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms