04-04-2013

United States of America

2720 Signins

25620 Page Views

• Views: 25620
  • Message 11 of 16

Re: Alternatives to My MotoSpeak

2014-11-12, 3:23 AM
The app did not stop due to an Android update! The app stopped working because of a sever issue. This affects many different phones on many different Android versions. There was no update that broke the MMS app.
~Scott
Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

United States of America

2720 Signins

25620 Page Views

• Message 12 of 16

2014-11-12, 3:25 AM
The Sunset App designation just means that there will be no more app version updates. The problem we have again...like last year...is NOT with the app, its with the server that translates our voice into text.
~Scott
Options

83 Posts

01-08-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 13 of 16

2014-11-12, 23:11 PM

sajokaz said:

The Sunset App designation just means that there will be no more app version updates. The problem we have again...like last year...is NOT with the app, its with the server that translates our voice into text.View original

sajokaz,

Thanks for the clarification.  While *I* am certainly not in a position to dispute what you're saying... MY PHONE had just received an update (I assumed it to be Android), and THEN my Motospeak stopped working (fully).  That's why I presumed that it was the update the caused the problem.

Your sunset explanation sounds right... that is, Motorola doesn't no longer intends to support/update the app... server/software/etc. 

MY POINT is, that I wish Motorola would reconsider because of Motospeak's popularity (with ME anyway wink)... and that there isn't any other headset out there that can really compete.  In this day and age, to have a product that is THE best (if not the ONLY) product/service is very rare.  Just hoping that Motorola-marketing will reconsider.

Options

15 Posts

01-07-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 14 of 16

2014-11-21, 21:43 PM

I got around it for now. I setup my Moto X with google now for voice texting. In the car with the Roadster connected voice Is through the Roadster. Out of the car it reads the text and acts just like Motospeak did. Yhe one advantage is I don't have to press the button on the motospeak, I just say OK Google Now To. Works better than Motospeak.  There are some good videos on Youtube.....

Options

15 Posts

01-07-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 15 of 16

2014-12-01, 20:15 PM

Found one bug in my above information. Apparently when the roadster is reading text the phone itself is silent. My office is above the garage and when the cars are in the garage the roadster stays connected to the phone in my computer room so if I get a text I don't hear it because the Roadster in the handling it. I have a Roadster in each car. I have to remember to turn them off when in the Garage.

My theory on the Moto speak problem stems from Google selling Motorola to Lenovo. In the transfer the server got axed. It was probably not a server by itself but a app hung on another server or on a server farm being transferred over to Lenovo. There may not be anyone in Motorola that can find it.....

Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

United States of America

2720 Signins

25620 Page Views

• Message 16 of 16

2014-12-01, 21:12 PM

Billw439 said:

My theory on the Moto speak problem stems from Google selling Motorola to Lenovo. In the transfer the server got axed. It was probably not a server by itself but a app hung on another server or on a server farm being transferred over to Lenovo. There may not be anyone in Motorola that can find it.....

View original

That is very possible...I can see something like that happening.  Now if they can just find the guy that knows how to turn it back on.  sad

~Scott
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms