83 Posts

01-08-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 11 of 46

Re: Motospeak doesn't work anymore?!?

2014-01-16, 14:41 PM

Another concern...

As "we" all focus and hope that the Motorola developers fix our much-loved My Motospeak app... according to the Motorola website itself, it will no longer be supported!  It has been classified as a "SUNSET" app:

https://forums.motorola.com/groups/56c5cefda7/summary

So, although I hope that I'm wrong,  I can only assume that Motorola is NOT going to put a lot of effort into this... or if they do, the next update might be the last...  <big sigh>

Bob

Options

15 Posts

01-07-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 12 of 46

2014-01-18, 15:31 PM

I posted this information in the RAZR forum but will also post it here. It has ben mentioned several times about an update to the 4.x code. I have a DROID MB525 unlocked phone with android 2.2.2 with the exact same problem. I use My Motospeak with a Roadster 2 and direct on the phone. They both worked when I first installed them. I don't know when It started as I haven't used it for texting for a while.

Options

83 Posts

01-08-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 13 of 46

2014-01-20, 3:51 AM

I too hope that Motorola fixes/updates the MMS app (at least) one last time.  AND MAYBE, since they sold soooo many BT devices with MMS as a major selling point/benefit, and the number of "us" that use it and are now without, MAYBE they'll reconsider it being a "Sunset" app and reconsider supporting it???  <big sigh>

JUST IN CASE, here's a list of alternative apps that I've put together:

Assistant (SPEAKTOIT)

SKYVI

JEANNIE

ROBIN (the SIRI challenger)

AIVC

Talking SMS & Caller

SIRI for Android (ANDY)

Speak Drive Text

Jarvis Texting Robot

Indigo

Text By Voice

HFT (Hands Free Texting)  <is $.99>

TEXT'N DRIVE

Handsfree

Choice Dialer Plus

Eva Intern

Sonalight Text

Dragon Mobile Assistant

I've not tried them all... nor am I going to make a recommendation as everyone has their own specific needs/uses.  For example, with MY phone (Galaxy S3) and Motorola HX550 Bluetooth, Dragon doesn't see to want to end the application after making a call.  That requires me to physically get out the phone and manually close the app/screen in order to make the next call. 

That kind of defeats the "hands-free" aspect for me.  But 1) that might not be important to others, and/or 2) maybe it doesn't do that with OTHER phone BT combinations.

I'm going to post this list on the "other" link too... and hopefully, we can all add other handsfree app options to one thread or the other - or both.

Bob

Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

United States of America

2720 Signins

25620 Page Views

• Views: 25620
  • Message 14 of 46

2014-01-23, 18:12 PM

I just posted this on the Razr M thread, but wanted to share here also:

I received a follow up phone call from Motorola Tech Support this morning.  He said that the engineer team released a statement (paraphrased): "They are aware that many customers are experiencing the speech to text issue.  They are investigating compatibility issues with the MMS app and the various Android OS updates that were published recently.  They hope to have a resolution to the issue soon."  The gentleman I spoke to was very professional & helpful and did not know why it was listed as a "Sunset" app, but said he would look into that & try to let me know more.  He thinks that Moto is still supporting the app.  They are still selling BT devices that list MMS as a "selling point."  There might be good news soon.

~Scott
Options

1 Posts

01-14-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 15 of 46

2014-01-23, 18:42 PM

I've always liked Motorola devices and couldn't be happier with my Droid RAZR HD.

I hate to say it, but I'm giving up on Motorola BT car kits though. I had one a few years ago and callers were constantly having trouble hearing me. It also broke in fairly short order (the Minu USB power connector failed), so I went without for awhile.

About ten days ago, I purchase a Motorola Roadster II car kit, paying $40 more for it than the Plantronix unit the store clerk suggested I buy. I paid the extra money because I like Motorola, *and* because of the Motospeak feature. Sadly, Motospeak didn't work properly and I, also, saw the comment on the Motorola site indicating that the app was in a "sunset" state, though I have to admit, that statement might have been referring to an older version of Motospeak: the site wasn't very clear on the matter.

Because I've had far too much experience with companies promising a fix for broken apps "soon", I know this problem may not be fixed for months, and may never *get* fixed. Sadly, I returned my Roadster II and purchased the Plantronix unit. 

Options

83 Posts

01-08-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 16 of 46

2014-01-24, 5:21 AM

Although I currently use an HX550, *I* am still in the market for a new BT device. 

I've had a succession of Motorola BT devices for years... initially because of their design and value, and most recently because of the MMS app.  IF IT WAS STILL A VIABLE APP, I - again - would be looking at ONLY Motorola BT devices... I like MMS that much!

But by not having MMS available on their new BT devices, and it not functioning on the older models...  well, that will cause me to consider ALL manufacturers.

Bob

Options

3764 Posts

04-04-2013

United States of America

2720 Signins

25620 Page Views

• Views: 25620
  • Message 17 of 46

2014-01-29, 15:37 PM

It looks like the MMS app is working again for speech to text.  A user just posted an update on the Razr M thread.  I just sent my wife a text using MMS and my HX550 headset.  Worked like it always used to!  Since there was no app update in the Play Store, I am still standing by my theory that the problem existed on a Moto / Google server somewhere and not the app itself.  At least it seems to be working again!  Good job Moto engineers!  yes

~Scott
Options

83 Posts

01-08-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 18 of 46

2014-01-30, 1:49 AM

sajokaz said:

It looks like the MMS app is working again for speech to text.  A user just posted an update on the Razr M thread.  I just sent my wife a text using MMS and my HX550 headset.  Worked like it always used to!  Since there was no app update in the Play Store, I am still standing by my theory that the problem existed on a Moto / Google server somewhere and not the app itself.  At least it seems to be working again!  Good job Moto engineers!  yes

View original

YEA!!!!!  MINE is working again too!!  (Galaxy S3/HX550)

I was JUST ABOUT to pull the trigger on a BlueAnt Q3 to get the MMS app functionality.  Saved me $75!

NOW, if Motorola would just EXPAND the MMS app to include their newer models (Whisper, Boom, Sliver 2, etc.) - because I'm due - I'd be a Motorola customer for a L-O-N-G time!

Bob

Options

83 Posts

01-08-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 19 of 46

2014-02-05, 22:42 PM

Well, we're ALMOST there...

About a week ago, the Motorola App Guys finally got the app working again.  I can tell you that NO ONE was happier than ME that day.  However, since then, the MMS continually "loses" the connection to the BT headpiece (HX550).  I've not found the "trigger" that causes it... but have found that if I do a restart on the phone (Galaxy S3), it (the MMS app) works again - until it doesn't.

When it DOES work, it works like the way MMS used to work... and I LOVE IT!!  For the time(s) it doesn't work, it happens when I press the "CALL" button on the HX550, and instead of that wonderful MMS greeting, I get silence.  After digging out my phone (seat-belt, coats, etc.) and look at the display, I get this:

Options

83 Posts

01-08-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 20 of 46

2014-02-05, 22:55 PM

Let's try THIS:

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms