Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMY MOTOSPEAK™
All Forum Topics
Options

16 Posts

03-28-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

Motospeak on a Galaxy S4?

2014-01-06, 18:15 PM

How can I override the S Voice preloaded app on an S4 so I can use Motospeak?

Options

11 Posts

04-20-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Motospeak on a Galaxy S4?

2014-01-19, 22:43 PM
You have to disable s voice. Go to settings applications
Options

83 Posts

01-08-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2014-01-20, 3:50 AM

What RayChicago said is true, you have to disable S-Voice.  BUT, know that My Motospeak (MMS) is no longer supported by Motorola (it is now a "Sunset" app).  There are a number of us for which MMS no longer works (after an Android? update in mid December 2013).  What I'm saying is, don't be surprised if your MMS app doesn't work, even AFTER disabling S-Voice.

There are a couple of threads on this forum that I and others have been watching... 1) in the HOPE that Motorola will reconsider and resume/continue the MMS app, or 2) we can find an alternative app.

I too hope that Motorola fixes/updates the MMS app (at least) one last time.  AND MAYBE, since they sold soooo many BT devices with MMS as a major selling point/benefit, and the number of "us" that use it and are now without, MAYBE they'll reconsider it being a "Sunset" app and reconsider supporting it???  <big sigh>

JUST IN CASE, here's a list of alternative apps that I've put together:

Assistant (SPEAKTOIT)

SKYVI

JEANNIE

ROBIN (the SIRI challenger)

AIVC

Talking SMS & Caller

SIRI for Android (ANDY)

Speak Drive Text

Jarvis Texting Robot

Indigo

Text By Voice

HFT (Hands Free Texting)  <is $.99>

TEXT'N DRIVE

Handsfree

Choice Dialer Plus

Eva Intern

Sonalight Text

Dragon Mobile Assistant

I've not tried them all... nor am I going to make a recommendation as everyone has their own specific needs/uses.  For example, with MY phone (Galaxy S3) and Motorola HX550 Bluetooth, Dragon doesn't see to want to end the application after making a call.  That requires me to physically get out the phone and manually close the app/screen in order to make the next call. 

That kind of defeats the "hands-free" aspect for me.  But 1) that might not be important to others, and/or 2) maybe it doesn't do that with OTHER phone BT combinations.

I'm going to post this list on the "other" link too... and hopefully, we can all add other handsfree app options to one thread or the other - or both.

Bob

Options

83 Posts

01-08-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2014-01-30, 1:53 AM

YEA!!!!!  The My Motospeak app is working again!!  (Galaxy S3/HX550)

I was JUST ABOUT to pull the trigger on a BlueAnt Q3 to get the MMS app functionality.  Saved me $75!

NOW, if Motorola would just EXPAND the MMS app to include their newer models (Whisper, Boom, Sliver 2, etc.) - because I'm due - I'd be a Motorola customer for a L-O-N-G time!

Bob

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms