09-27-2019

AU

16 Signins

355 Page Views

• Views: 355
  • Message 1 of 4

Mirage Solo blur/glare issue

2019-09-27, 21:12 PM

Before I return the device, I just want to ask, is there a way to set the image so I can see it clearly? I've tried the button to change the distance between the headset and the strap.. whatever that does.

But as it is, I have a very small limited field of view, where I can see clearly, the edges are glary and blurred. So if watching a movie for instance, and text appears, it's unfocused, and the glare streaks inward.

I would get the same on an google cardboard but I could change the distance between the lenses to to avoid this. I cannot do this on the headset.

For the price, I did not expect this simple thing to be an issue, and am sure I am just missing something. But as it is, it is not an enjoyable experience, having the entire image out of whack, rendering the immersion redundant.

Can someone advise me if this is an issue, or not. $300 for something that I cannot enjoy even with the built in features, is just not on... and I really had high hopes...

Options

36 Posts

09-27-2019

AU

16 Signins

355 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

Re: Mirage Solo blur/glare issue

2019-10-04, 4:32 AM

Nothing I see.. This is good support.

Options

17 Posts

09-24-2019

PH

42 Signins

368 Page Views

• Views: 368
  • Message 3 of 4

2019-10-23, 13:38 PM

Hello Wrecche,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the delayed reply.

Based on the Lenovo Mirage Solo FAQs (https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht506545), you can try adjusting the Quick Release Button and you can change the distance between the eyes and lens, improving any blurriness or indistinct images you see.

Let us know if this helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

36 Posts

09-27-2019

AU

16 Signins

355 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2019-10-23, 13:51 PM

Not even slightly. The distance between eyes does not change, because something is further away. In fact, the lenses need to be closer for me to hit the sweet spot. Which is not possible unless I use my hands to press it further into my face.

I know the device is on it's death bed, you guys are not supporting it any longer, nor are you helping with the current OS in order to remedy the few things that could make it live past it's planned obsolescence.. and this is a shame. Worthy of the likes of WISH. Where an item is sold with promises never met, and then the customer is left holding the empty bag, while you all count your cash, and snigger amongst yourself, planning the next scheme.. Which it appears is what you learnt from the failings of the mirage. I hear the next device has all the bits and pieces we've asked for this one.. So another $400+ or so and we'll all be good.

The problem, I've since discovered, is the fresnel lenses. And while it does apparently occur on almost all VR HMD's, what I asked for was changeing the distance between the eyes. This would have alleviated some of the problems with the glare and blur and not given me a constant feeling of an oncoming migraine, with that special aura that happens. But nonetheless, this is not possible.

Another issue is the constant "Are you still there?" which I think might only happen in the youtubevr app.

Another issue is the inability to connect the device to my PC via usb cable and access the file system with Explorer. Instead, we are told this is by design, to prevent 'compatibility' issues, but oh we can use adb to push files onto the sdcard area. Do you not see how stupid this really is? is using adb to access the internal memory not a cumbersome way to do exactly the same as allowing MTP access? No, I don't think anyone there cares, so those questions are left unanswered, or robotically answered with generic redundant replies.

Another issue is the dual cameras on the device. Why can we not even at least have the ability to utilise them in apps? The only way they do anything is with, once more, the YoutubeVR app that allows you to turn on see through, so that you can have your VR youtube screen displayed on a large wall in your living room, and allows you to see anyone who may come along, or at least see things around you should you require it. But then, as it is YoutubeVR (Or yet still the device OS itself) we are met with "Are you still there?" every 5 minutes, rendering watching any decent content impossible as you havr to then reposition the view point every time. A very pointless feature, considering the device should know it is playing a video, and something that should be an option to disable. Alas. no.

A nice feature would be to be able to do this at will, so as to not have to take the HMD off to find something, then spend 20 seconds repositioning it and letting WorldSense reset everything to as it was. A simple thing, But no support, as no one is interested in this device beyond someone who has made less posts on their own forums than even I have.

So.. I don't expect a reply. I assume that over a month later, this was a cursory reply from someone newly employed and given a list of posts to reply to, and you looked up the issue on your internal knowledgebase and replied with the unspecific, unhelpful, unthough out reply which caters to no one, seeing as posting here is the final resort when all other avenues fail. Have you tried turning it off an on again?

Cheers.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete