Did you mean: 
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 362
Message 1 of 2

Mirage AR FAQs

General Questions

1. What is Lenovo Mirage AR?

Lenovo Mirage AR’s smartphone-powered augmented reality lets you become iconic heroes and engage in epic battles right in your living room. Lower your headset, raise your controllers, and transform into powerful champions facing down nefarious villains. Defend Your Reality in MARVEL Dimension of Heroes. Awaken your inner Jedi in STAR WARS™: Jedi Challenges. Available now on Lenovo Mirage AR.

2. How old do I need to be to use the headset?

The Lenovo Mirage AR headset is designed to fit comfortably for individuals over the age of 13. This product is an AR headset that uses complex technology that is not recommend for use by children under 13 years of age. Children aged 13 or older using the product should be supervised and guided by adults to avoid potential hazards. In addition, this product contains electrical components, and precautions should be taken by all users during its use and handling to reduce the risk of electric shock. Parents or adult supervisors should also periodically inspect the phone being used with the product for damage (including its charging equipment and other small parts and accessories) to ensure that it is safe and working properly.

3. Can I wear glasses and still use the Lenovo Mirage AR headset?

Yes. The Lenovo Mirage AR headset is designed to fit most commonly sized prescription glasses. The headset’s dimensions (where the glasses would fit) are 154mm x 45mm (6 inches x 1.78 inches).

4. How do you use the universal controllers?

The Lenovo Mirage AR universal controllers provide an empowering sense of control over weapons and other abilities.
    • In MARVEL Dimension of Heroes: the controllers have an elastic strap which can fit comfortably in the palm of your hand, allowing for open and closed hand gestures. The universal controllers are flexible enough to allow for a wide variety of functions depending on the gameplay. In addition to motion tracking, open and closed hand gestures, each controller also includes a thumbstick, and two buttons that can function on hold-release or press. The Controllers allow complex hand and wrist motions to combine offensive and defensive moves, with different ways of controlling the six playable characters –helping bring to life the feeling of becoming these six very different Super Heroes.
    • In STAR WARS: Jedi Challenges: any of the two universal controllers can be used to act as the Lightsaber controller. Through the experience of augmented reality, players will see an overlay of the Lightsaber on top of their controller, and move it as if they were holding the Lightsaber in their hand. Buttons 1 and 2 are mapped to emulate the Activation Matrix and the Control buttons of the original Lightsaber controller.

5. Do the controllers have haptic feedback?

Yes, the controllers do have haptic feedback.

6. How much physical movement and space is required to play MARVEL Dimension of Heroes or STAR WARS: Jedi Challenges?

MARVEL Dimension of Heroes and STAR WARS: Jedi Challenges are designed to be played standing and in motion, within a recommended circular play area space of at least 6 feet of diameter. For the best experience, we recommend being able to move freely when playing.

7. How is the Lenovo Mirage AR headset powered?

The Lenovo Mirage AR Headset contains and is powered by a 2200 mAh lithium polymer battery. There is a Micro USB port on the headset, and a Micro USB charger provided in the package, to enable recharging.

8. How are the universal controllers powered?

The Lenovo Mirage AR universal controllers each require two AA batteries for up to eight hours of gameplay.

9. What is the tracking beacon and what is it for?

The tracking beacon is a tracking marker, placed on the ground to enable image positional tracking.

10. Are there other available games to play?

Currently, STAR WARS: Jedi Challenges and MARVEL Dimension of Heroes are the available experiences offering countless hours of replayability. STAR WARS: Jedi Challenges offers Lightsaber Battles, Strategic Combat, Holochess, local PvP, and the Dark Side Expansion, while MARVEL Dimension of Heroes offers Story Mode, Co-op, and Survival Mode.

11. How do the universal controllers interact with the headset?

Cameras in the Lenovo Mirage AR headset track the position of the light on the universal controllers, while the universal controllers are paired with the activated smartphone via Bluetooth. The phone combines sensor and positional information to enable accurate tracking and optics.

12. How heavy is this product?

The Lenovo Mirage AR headset is 477g (without head strap), the universal controllers are 130g each and the tracking beacon is 117g.

13. What's the field of view of the Lenovo Mirage AR headset?

The Lenovo Mirage AR headset provides a vertical field of view (FOV) that is 33°, with a horizontal FOV of 60°. We believe this is a best-in-class augmented reality experience in the consumer space.

14. What is the image quality seen inside the headset?

Images seen through the headset are projected from the inserted smartphone, optimized through the device's optical components, onto the real world. The exact pixel density of what each player sees will vary based on the smartphone used to power the experience.

15. Why doesn't the headset have an audio jack to enable headphone use?

The sound in the Lenovo Mirage AR experiences comes from the smartphone inside the Lenovo Mirage AR headset. Audio is amplified as a result of the headset design to aid in providing users with an immersive audio experience. Users have the option of using their preferred wired or Bluetooth headphones with their compatible smartphone. However, we have found that most users prefer the experience without using headphones. One of the unique benefits of augmented reality is its blend of real and virtual worlds. Not needing to rely on headphones lets the player experience both the in-game and real-life sounds without completely disconnecting the player from their environment.

16. Why is there a second (blue) color on the tracking beacon?

The second color of the beacon is used for other game modes such as same room multiplayer.

17. What technologies does Lenovo Mirage AR use?

The AR technology in Lenovo Mirage AR is proprietary to Lenovo and its partners. The headset is equipped with two built-in fisheye sensors to provide inside-out positional tracking, allowing free and natural motion for the player to move around as they duel opponents or engage in the other available games and experiences. With its two tracking sensors, the Lenovo Mirage AR headset uses visible light tracking technology to offer players a boundary-less room-scale (six degrees of freedom) gaming experience. Placed on the floor, the tracking beacon acts as a stable base for the headset’s sensors to detect the user movement during gameplay. The controllers pair with the phone inside the Lenovo Mirage AR headset via Bluetooth to control gameplay and act as input for navigation inside the menus.

18. Will my compatible phone get warm when playing MARVEL Dimension of Heroes or STAR WARS: Jedi Challenges?

Some mobile devices, including smartphones, may become warmer when running graphics found in apps such as MARVEL Dimension of Heroes, especially if you use the devices to play games for an extended period of time. Our application is designed to manage game performance within the established parameters of your supported phone to deliver a safe, high quality gameplay experience. We suggest players take breaks during longer play sessions to ensure the best game play experience. However, each person and device is different, so it’s up to the user to take more frequent and longer breaks as they see fit.

19. Do you need to own the headset to download the apps?

Anyone can download the apps, but users will require the Lenovo Mirage AR headset and universal controllers to play MARVEL Dimension of Heroes or STAR WARS: Jedi Challenges. Please visit www.lenovo.com/miragear to download or search the Google Playstore or the Apple App Store for MARVEL Dimension of Heroes or STAR WARS: Jedi Challenges.

Compatibility

1. Which phones are compatible with Lenovo Mirage AR?

For a list of compatible smartphones, please visit Lenovo.com/MirageAR. All smartphones that are compatible with the original STAR WARS: Jedi Challenges experience are also compatible with MARVEL Dimension of Heroes. New phones have been and will continue to be added, including the iPhone Xs, Xs Max and Xr, to name a few. In addition, users can create their own profile for smartphones not included on the recommended list if they can be placed into the Lenovo Mirage AR headset.

2. Can I play MARVEL Dimension of Heroes if I have the original STAR WARS: Jedi Challenges set?

In order to play MARVEL Dimension of Heroes a user will require the Lenovo Mirage AR headset, two Lenovo Mirage AR universal controllers, a tracking beacon, and a compatible smartphone with the MARVEL Dimension of Heroes app installed. Owners of the STAR WARS: Jedi Challenges hardware (which includes the Lenovo Mirage AR headset. the tracking beacon and Lightsaber controller) will require the new Lenovo Mirage AR universal controllers (sold separately) in order to play MARVEL Dimension of Heroes. The Mirage AR universal controllers are available as a separate purchase on Lenovo.com for $99 starting September 6, 2019.

3. My phone is not on the compatible list, so can I still play?

The phones in the list have been tested and are certified to work. However, if your phone meets the minimum requirements below, it is likely able to deliver a good play experience, while you may experience some minor connectivity issues or performance slow down at time.
OS: Android 7+ or iOS 11+; Dimensions: Strictly under 158.3 mm x 77.7 mm x 7.95 mm; Screen size: Strictly bigger than 4.3" (104 mm x 39 mm), aligned with phone tray display cutout; Processor & RAM: iOS: 1.4 GHz Dual Core + 1 GB RAM or more / Android: 2.0 GHz Quad Core + 2 GB RAM or more; Storage: at least 2GB available required; Bluetooth: 4.0 or superior; Cable connector: at the bottom, USB-C or lightning.

4. Will this work with the new iPhone or upcoming Android smartphone?

Upcoming phones can only be tested once they are announced and available. Please find the updated list of phones at www.lenovo.com/miragear.

Troubleshooting

1. My AR weapons are offsetting from their alignment with my controllers. What should I do?
If this is rarely happening, we recommend that you simply re-center your controls following by pressing the joystick down once.
If this is happening right from the start of your play session, we suggest you re-perform the calibration of your controllers by restarting the game and complete controller calibration in the pairing screen. Resume with normal set up and play.
Ensure your headset is fully charged. To check for the headset battery, press pause in any gameplay moment and locate the headset battery indicator. If it's showing less than 2 out of 3 bars, we suggest charging it to get it to above 2 full bars of charge. This will insure optimal tracking performance of your controllers and beacon.

2. When connecting my phone to the headset, STAR WARS: Jedi Challenges launches instead of MARVEL Dimension of Heroes.

This issue is known and unique to Android default app settings: you have set your phone to launch the STAR WARS: Jedi Challenges app automatically when connecting the headset. Navigate to settings > apps and find Jedi Challenges. Click "Open by default" and clear default. Launch MARVEL Dimension of Heroes and proceed with normal set up. When the pop up shows to assign a default action to the connection of the headset, opt-in for "always" and click ok. Then proceed normally. To play STAR WARS: Jedi Challenges again, you will need to clear out "Open by default" for the MARVEL Dimension of Heroes app and proceed with normal set up of STAR WARS: Jedi Challenges.

3. My controllers are not pairing, so what should I do?

If you are using an Android phone, please enable location settings in settings.
If this does not fix the issue, try disabling and re-enabling bluetooth. If needed, also reboot your phone.
If this does not fix the issue, try disabling and re-enabling WiFi while trying to connect the controllers - this is a known issue on the LG G6.

4. The headset feels too heavy on my forehead, so am I doing something wrong?

The Lenovo Mirage AR headset is designed to deliver an immersive experience. The best way to wear the headset is to follow these simple adjustment steps:

- If you have changed the straps adjustment, make sure that both sides and top strap are set to middle-length position.
- Hold the headset on its side with two hands, and press it moderately on your face, making sure the straps are above the headset.
- With your left or right hand, grab the straps and pull them above your head, then down back under your head back curve.
- With your left then right hand, adjust the sides, one at a time, making sure you do not tighten the headset with one strap only, but balancing both sides.
- Adjust the top strap, with your left or right hand, while maintaining the headset with the other hand on your face, when the headset is starting to be pulled up, put down the strap in its lock position.
- Following these simple steps will insure the best front and back balance of the headset, and allow you to play for longer sessions without feeling any wear discomfort.

5. How do I set up my play area?

Using the AR headset puts users in an augmented reality that can distract them from physical obstacles and other potential hazards in their immediate surroundings.

Prevent injury to yourself, other individuals and damage to property by ensuring that you have prepared a safe and open playing area. Light levels will affect the visibility of images in the headset. For the best experience avoid playing in bright locations.

Clear the area of all furniture, appliances, toys or other physical objects that may cause injury to users or obstruct their movement. When using the headset, you will be able to see what is in front of you, but your peripheral vision will be obstructed. If possible, ask an adult friend or family member to supervise the playing area when the product is in use. This person can ensure a safe playing area by:

- Warning users if they are in danger of colliding with physical objects such as tables, walls, or other obstructions

- Preventing pets and small children from wandering into the playing area and obstructing the user’s movement, or causing injury to themselves or others by being tripped over, stepped on, or fallen upon.

6. Connecting my phone to my headset does nothing. What should I do? (iOS)

Please check and make sure your Lenovo Mirage AR headset is fully charged. Please reconnect your cable with your headset and phone. Make sure the light on HMD turns red.We recommend that you upgrade your iPhone to the latest version of iOS to date.

If you are currently running iOS 11.0.x or a previous version, the connection between the iPhone and the Lenovo Mirage AR headset will take up to 40s to be active. Updating to iOS 11.1.x or a more recent version will reduce that time to under 5s.

If you still experience an issue, contact our support team for a detailed troubleshooting guidance.

7. Connecting my phone to my headset does nothing. What should I do? (Android)

Please check and make sure your Lenovo Mirage AR headset is fully charged. Please reconnect your cable with your headset and phone. Make sure the light on HMD turns red.

Make sure you accept the pop up window (The headset requires screen acess authorization via USB) that shows up at first connection between the Lenovo Mirage AR headset and your phone.

If you have denied that access or have not seen that pop up, you should restart the set up process.

To restart the set up process, please uninstall and re-install the app or go into settings>applications to clear cache and user data.

Follow all the indications on the screen of your phone.

If you still experience an issue, contact our support team for a detailed troubleshooting guidance.

8. How do I check Bluetooth settings on my iOS device?

The MARVEL Dimension of Heroes app or STAR WARS: Jedi Challenges app will guide you through setting up your gear. If you are having issues with syncing, please check your phone’s Bluetooth settings:

- From the Home menu, tap Settings
- Select Bluetooth
- Tap the switch to ensure it is in the ON (green) position

9. How do I check Bluetooth settings on my Android device?

The MARVEL Dimension of Heroes app or STAR WARS: Jedi Challenges will guide you through setting up your gear. If you are having issues with syncing, please check your phone’s Bluetooth settings:

- Go to Settings
- Scroll to and select Bluetooth
- Tap the switch to ensure it is in the ON position
- You may also need to verify or enable your Location settings:

- Go to Settings
- Scroll to and select Location
- Tap the switch to ensure it is in the ON position

10. How do I check Wi-Fi settings on my iOS device?

The MARVEL Dimension of Heroes app or STAR WARS: Jedi Challenges app will guide you through setting up your gear.

- From the Home menu, tap Settings
- Select Wi-Fi
- Tap the switch to ensure it is in the ON (green) position and that your device is connected to an active wireless network

11. How do I check Wi-Fi settings on my Android device?

The MARVEL Dimension of Heroes app or STAR WARS: Jedi Challenges app will guide you through setting up your gear.

- Go to Settings
- Scroll to and select Wi-Fi
- Tap the switch to ensure it is in the ON position and that your device is connected to an active wireless network

12. How do I set up the tracking beacon?

- Place the tracking beacon in a 6-7 feet diameter clear play space. Make sure the headset stays in front of the tracking beacon when you are playing. An optimal distance is between 4 and 4.5 feet
- The Mirage Headset uses sensors to follow the tracking beacon. Avoid standing too close or too far from the beacon for optimal tracking
- Avoid placing the tracking beacon too close to other light sources
- Avoid placing the tracking beacon near shiny or reflective surfaces, like a mirror
- Keep tracking beacon away from pets while playing

13. Can this game be played outdoors?

While Lenovo Mirage AR is designed to be mobile, and is easy to set up nearly anywhere for an optimal playing experience, we recommend playing MARVEL Dimension of Heroes indoors, with a play area of at least 6 feet, or 1.8 meters.

14. Where can I buy spare or additional parts for my Lenovo Mirage AR?

At the moment only our service center can service a broken part or sell a spare. All of them can be bought separately but only via the support team at https://support.lenovo.com

Game: MARVEL Dimension of Heroes

1. What is MARVEL Dimension of Heroes?

Defend your reality from the forces of interdimensional evil! Fight for truth and justice as Captain America, cast magical spells as Doctor Strange, unleash Vibranium energy as Black Panther, and much more! Experience three game modes across dozens of hours of gameplay. Take on the Dread Dormammu and his dark lieutenants in order to prove yourself the Earth’s mightiest Super Hero!

2. Which characters can you play as?

The game’s six playable Super Heroes are: Thor, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Star-Lord, and Captain America. Players can play as all of these Super Heroes in both Story Mode and Survival Mode. In Co-Op mode, a player and a friend can choose from two Super Hero pairings: Thor and Captain America, or Black Panther and Doctor Strange.

3. Who are the enemies and main Super Villains?

Among the iconic enemies players will face off against are: Loki, Ronan, Winter Soldier, Ultron Prime, Dormammu.

4. What's Story Mode?

In Story Mode, the Dread Dormammu, Lord of the Dark Dimension, and his alliance of Super Villains launch a surprise attack which leaves the Earth in ruins. In response to this, Doctor Strange turns back time to give Earth’s greatest Super Heroes a second chance to save the world.
Story Mode begins with a tutorial in which the player is Thor, God of Thunder, and through which they can learn how to wield his powers (and learn the game’s controls). Eventually, the player takes on the role of all six Super Heroes, including Thor, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Star-Lord, and Doctor Strange – each with their own special weapons and powers. Players choose which order they want to fight through each character’s timeline to get to the point where each confronts their respective enemy bosses. Finally, players will have the opportunity to confront Dormammu himself, with the fate of Earth on the line.
Unique to Story Mode are Team Attacks, in which fellow Super Heroes – including Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Thor, and the Incredible Hulk – will arrive to help blast and smash through enemies. Accomplishing objectives in Story Mode will earn players epic AR trophies, viewable in the game’s Trophy Room – as mementos of their legendary exploits.

5. What's Survival Mode?

Survival Mode is a single-player mode where a player battles against a continuous wave of enemies to strive for a high score. Battles increase in pace and difficulty over time. A scoring system communicates how skillfully a player is performing and will give the player a score at the end of the 5-6 minute battles. Points are awarded based on level completion, number of waves completed, hits delivered, minion kills, and more. A player can play as any of the game’s six Super Heroes in Survival Mode, allowing for varying styles of overcoming these breathless battles. The player’s Survival Mode scores can be automatically uploaded to the MARVEL Dimension of Heroes global leaderboards. Strive to become the world’s greatest champion by topping the leaderboards for each MARVEL Super Hero. As with Story Mode, accomplishing objectives in Survival Mode will earn players epic AR trophies, viewable in the game’s Trophy Room.

6. What's Co-Op Mode?

In Co-op Mode, two players in the same room with two sets of Lenovo Mirage AR (Headsets and Controller, only one tracking beacon required) can combine powers and confront villains together. Players can choose from two hero pairings: Thor and Captain America, or Black Panther & Doctor Strange. Co-op Mode uses the same core game mechanics as Story Mode, with Thor and Captain America, for example, facing off against the Jotuns and eventually Loki. Players collect points individually during the course of combat, competing against each other for the highest score. Ultimately, however, players’ combined scores get pushed to the global leaderboards – letting duos strive to become the greatest Super Hero pairing in the world.

7. Are there difficulty levels?

While there are no selectable difficulty levels, the game offers experiences ranging from beginner to expert difficulty. In Story Mode, for instance, encounters will get increasingly complicated and challenging as players progress through the multi-hero narrative. In Survival Mode battles will increase in intensity during the course of the 5-6 minute fight, with only those who can manage to hold their own during peak intensity able to achieve the highest scores.

8. How long is the experience?

We’ve designed MARVEL Dimension of Heroes to be highly re-playable, by complementing a fully-fledged Story Mode – including a variety of gameplay types across Story mode, score-based Survival and Co-op Modes. Both of these modes let you compete for high scores not only locally (against yourself and friends), but – through the game’s global leaderboards – with players around the world, offering a fun reason for fans to keep enjoying MARVEL Dimension of Heroes.

9. How do I exit the game?

The game auto-saves after completing each levels or battles. From anywhere in the navigation menus, you can simply take off the headset, unplug the connecting cable from the headset and pull the tray. Exit the app from the screen of your phone.

10. How do I pause the game?

While in the experience, you can press the 3rd button on the headset - furthest away from your forehead to pause the gameplay. Use your gaze to select where you want to click, aim and press button 1 on the dominant controller (right hand) to select.

11. How do I access the settings menu?

While in the experience, you can press the 3rd button on the headset - furthest away from your forehead to pause the gameplay and access settings.

12. How do I adjust the volume?

You can adjust the volume as you launch the experience on the phone. Alternatively, while in game you can press the 3rd button on the headset - furthest away from your forehead to pause the game in any section of the experience, outside of the menus. From there you can access settings and adjust the volume.

13. How much physical space is required to play in co-op mode?

Players must be in the same space approximately 6-7 feet or 1.8-2 meters apart from each other.

14. What types of rewards do players get?

Players will receive epic trophies for accomplishing key in-game tasks. These trophies depict major moments of victory from their battles, and are stored and viewable in the in-game Trophy Room. Trophies are unlocked after each character tutorial and villain battle in Story Mode. Extra trophies are unlocked after specific tasks are achieved in Survival Mode.

15. What languages will MARVEL Dimension of Heroes be available in?

It will be available in in: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese and Korean with full text and voice translations.

16. Is the plot considered canon to any official MARVEL storylines?

MARVEL Dimension of Heroes lets players fight their way through an original MARVEL story in augmented reality. In Story Mode, the Dread Dormammu, Lord of the Dark Dimension, and his alliance of Super Villains launch a surprise attack which leaves the Earth in ruins. In response to this, Doctor Strange turns back time to give Earth’s greatest Super Heroes a second chance to save the world. Eventually, the player takes on the role of all six Super Heroes, including Thor, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Star-Lord, and Doctor Strange – each with their own special weapons and powers. Players choose which order they want to fight through each character’s timeline to get to the point where each confronts their respective enemy bosses. Finally, players will have the opportunity to confront Dormammu himself, with the fate of Earth on the line.
The story in MARVEL Dimension of Heroes, like many Marvel stories, takes place in a unique universe within the overall Marvel multiverse. It does not take place in the same universe as, for instance, the Marvel Studios movies nor the universes depicted in Marvel comic books, and does not bear upon the stories being told in those media.

Game: STAR WARS: Jedi Challenges

1. What is STAR WARS: Jedi Challenges?

Awaken your inner Jedi with the smartphone-powered augmented reality STAR WARS experience. STAR WARS: Jedi Challenges is a smartphone-powered experience compatible with select Android and iOS devices. This app requires purchase of the STAR WARS: Jedi Challenges gear or Lenovo Mirage AR gear. With the Lenovo Mirage AR headset, Lightsaber controller or one of the universal controllers, and tracking beacon, you’ll begin your quest to become a Jedi through the power of augmented reality.

2. How long is the experience?

We estimate the experience to take 30+ hours for the average user to complete in full (i.e. 100% completion of every level in all three experiences). Total gameplay estimate assumes average user completes the full experience in multiple play sessions due to the nature of the product.

3. How do I pause the game?

During gameplay, you can pause the action by pressing the Menu button on the right side of the Lenovo Mirage AR headset. While the game is paused, you can Resume, Restart or Quit from the Pause menu. Aim your gaze (look) at the action and press the Control button on your Lightsaber or universal controller to select. Note: The Menu button is located on the right side of the headset, the third button closest to the lenses.

4. How do I navigate around the galaxy map?

To navigate, look with the reticle in the center of your field of vision and gaze at your desired destination.
With the Lightsaber controller: To select your destination, press the rectangular Activation Matrix button on your lightsaber.
With the universal controller: To select your destination, press the button 1.
You can only travel to planets that have been unlocked.

5. How do I play Strategic Combat?

Command your forces in virtual battles to challenge your strategic prowess. Overcome and defeat the enemy forces to claim victory.
Command Center: Raise your Lightsaber (or universal controller) in front to you to access the Command Center. From this menu, you can select units to place onto the battlefield.
Battlefield: The battlefield is divided into two areas. You can only place troops, turrets and other units on your side of the battlefield, the area colored gold.
Selecting and placing units: Raise your Lightsaber (or universal controller) to access the Command Center. Aim your gaze (look) at the desired unit or turret; press the Activation Matrix button on your Lightsaber (or button 1 on your universal controller) to select. On your side of the battlefield, point the Lightsaber (or universal controller) at the desired location for your unit or turret; press the Activation Matrix (or button 1 on universal controller) to place the unit.
Attacking: Your units and turrets will automatically attack the nearest enemies. To attack specific enemies, aim your gaze at the enemy unit. When the reticle turns into a target, press the Activation Matrix button on your Lightsaber (or button 1 on universal controller) to attack.

6. How do I play Holochess?

Take turns ordering your holographic creature on the Holochess board to battle against your opponent. Eliminate all of your opponent’s pieces to win the match.
Aim your gaze (look) at the piece you wish to move and press any button to select. Look at the space where you’d like to move and press any button to place your piece.
If the move you made places the creature piece in a space adjacent to your opponent’s, you can then press any button to attack. To increase your performance rating, perfect your strategy to minimize the number of pieces lost.

7. What is Multiplayer?

Multiplayer in STAR WARS: Jedi Challenges includes two modes: Lightsaber Versus Mode and Ship Battles. Both experiences are local, in-room two-player only and each player requires a STAR WARS: Jedi Challenges starter kit (Lenovo Mirage AR Headset, Lightsaber controller and tracking beacon) or Lenovo Mirage AR (Lenovo Mirage AR Headset, one of the two universal controllers, and tracking beacon).

8. What is Lightsaber Versus Mode?

Lightsaber Versus Mode allows local (in-room) Lightsaber duels between two players. Follow Force premonitions to block, dodge and strike your opponent until one of the players’ energy bar is depleted.

9. What is Ship Battles?

Lightsaber Versus Mode and Ship Battles are free updates in the STAR WARS: Jedi Challenges app. You do not need to download, install, or get any additional component to get access to it.

10. How do I get access to Multiplayer?

Lightsaber Versus Mode is a free update in the STAR WARS: Jedi Challenges app. You do not need to download, install, or get any additional component to get access to it.

11. What do I need to play Lightsaber Versus Mode and Ship Battles?

Requirements and compatibility are the same as that of the single-player STAR WARS: Jedi Challenges game, with the addition of the required shared Wi-Fi connection needed by both players to create the local Versus Mode environment. Both players need supported phones and each must own the STAR WARS: Jedi Challenges starter kit (Lenovo Mirage AR Headset, Lightsaber controller and tracking beacon) or Lenovo Mirage AR (Lenovo Mirage AR Headset, one of the two universal controllers, and tracking beacon).

12. Which Jedi Challenges experiences are supported in Lightsaber Versus Mode?

Lightsaber Versus Mode currently supports Lightsaber Battles in same-room, player-vs-player mode.

13. How many players can play together in Lightsaber Versus Mode and Ship Battles?

Both multiplayer experiences are for two players only.

14. Do Lightsaber Versus Mode and Ship Battles work online?

Both multiplayer experiences require a shared Wi-Fi connection between the two players to allow for two-way communication between the two compatible smartphones. However, both modes do not require an active Internet connection to work, and do not use Internet data traffic over Wi-Fi or 4G.

15. How many hours of gameplay do Lightsaber Versus Mode and Ship Battles offer?

Lightsaber Versus Mode and Ship Battles sessions do not have time limits. Each session lasts until one of the players‘ energy bars is depleted. For Lightsaber Versus Mode, battle segments are continuously randomized so no two battles are identical.

16. In Lightsaber Versus Mode, can I dodge or run away instead of blocking?

Lightsaber Versus Mode works within a recommended range of approximately 6-7 feet between the two players (and 3 feet between the two tracking beacons). Running away would cause the game to lose its tracking. Dodging instead of blocking would result in damage, as the hit would be considered successful.

17. Are there combos, special tricks, or hidden moves in Lightsaber Versus Mode?

There are no combos, special tricks or hidden moves in Lightsaber Versus Mode; however, battles get progressively more difficult and require higher skill as the game mode progresses.

18. Can I use Force abilities in Lightsaber Versus Mode?

Force abilities are not available to use in Lightsaber Versus Mode.

19. Can I choose my Lightsaber color in Lightsaber Versus Mode?
Lightsaber colors are automatically set by the game to ensure there are two different colored lightsabers at play. Lightsaber colors are Blue and Green.

20. Who are the enemies to fight in Lightsaber Versus Mode?

The enemy in Lightsaber Versus Mode is the opposing player. No other STAR WARS characters appear in augmented reality during Lightsaber Versus Mode.

21. Which hardware is required to experience the Dark Side Expansion of STAR WARS: Jedi Challenges?

No new hardware is required for the Dark Side Expansion content. Users who purchased the STAR WARS: Jedi Challenges starter kit will have access to the Dark Side Expansion via a free update to the app. Users who purchase Lenovo Mirage AR with MARVEL Dimension of Heroes will also be able to play the entirety of STAR WARS: Jedi Challenges, including the The Dark Side Expansion.

22. What gameplay features are in the Dark Side Expansion?

The Dark Side Expansion brings new Lightsaber Battles to the experience with three new duelists, each with three levels of difficulty.

23. How much physical space is required to play Lightsaber Versus Mode and Ship Battles?

The ideal set-up is approximately 6 feet between players. For Lightsaber Versus Mode, two tracking beacons are placed in the center, 3 feet apart from each other. For Ship Battles, only one tracking beacon needs to be placed in the center – it does not matter which tracking beacon is used.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Highlighted
skalamanga
What's DOS?
Views: 159
Message 2 of 2

Re: Mirage AR FAQs

Hi,

Just looking at the headset as a possible candidate for testing, any news on an SDK?

Thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals