Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cousteau
Fanfold Paper
Views: 617
Message 1 of 3

Is the Mirage solo idea dying?

I bought my Lenovo mirage solo the moment it was launched and I have used it every day! I like high end vr like the Vive and Oculus but it is like a fantastic but huge desktop computer. In the end, you still do most surfing on a small smartphone. 

And stand alone vr is just like a smartphone. Not as great as high end VR but so available and easy!

What makes me sad is that daydream and all developers seems to have abandoned this. It is the same feeling like if we stopped making smartphones and we had to go back using nokia again. And everyone sad, but we still have these huge bulky super expensive desktop computers and they are so much faster and better then a smartphone, so whats the problem??

Will Lenovo update to see through soon???

are there any hopes for new apps? or is this stand alone headset about to die?

Bridgebrain
What's DOS?
Views: 219
Message 2 of 3

Re: Is the Mirage solo idea dying?

I think the only real hope this platform has is for someone to build a custom kernal from scratch for it. The hardware is amazing, but the software has a lot of untapped potential. I'm planning to use it as my build project for learning java, but that'll take a year or two, so hopefully someone else comes up with something first

Highlighted
Cousteau
Fanfold Paper
Views: 205
Message 3 of 3

Re: Is the Mirage solo idea dying?

I have allready ordered a Oculus Quest now. It will arrive in a few days. Oculus Quest is the headset I hoped Mirage solo would be. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals