Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jobigoud
Paper Tape
Views: 3,088
Message 1 of 5

Mirage Solo: File transfer from PC - missing MTP driver

Hello,

I cannot find how to view the Mirage Solo in the Windows Explorer to transfer files from the PC to the device. Others have reported the same problem on the daydream subreddit. The device simply does not appear.

It is very important that users be able to freely transfer files from the PC to the device, as many applications use media files provided by the user. (media players, photo apps, 3D apps, etc.)

Using a different USB cable or host PC doesn't change anything.

Switching developer mode ON and selecting MTP as the USB mode does not fix the problem. In fact the MTP option doesn't register and the option still says the device is using USB charging.

The notification bar in the main dashboard says "USB for file transfer, tap for more options". If clicked the only options are "Charge this device" or "Use device as MIDI".

When using USB debugging is ON,

- using ADB works.

- the device is visible in Window's device manager under USB devices as VR-1541F, driver is ADB driver.

- Searching automatically for drivers indicates that the best driver is already installed.

- Searching manually for drivers indicates that the only compatible hardware is ADB device.

I have many other devices that are able to connect to these machines without any issues, including a Lenovo Phab 2 Pro.

Looking for MTP driver on the Lenovo support site does not return any result.

I believe the same is true for Mac OS machines.

Please describe the procedure to view the device and access its files in Windows Explorer.

Thanks

Lenovo Employee G_Wilson
Lenovo Employee
Views: 2,974
Message 2 of 5

Re: Mirage Solo - File transfer from PC - missing MTP driver

Hi,

I apologise if the inability to transfer via USB cable is hindering your ability to enjoy our product. 

I have reached out to our development team about whether there is a way to access the files in Windows Explorer.
In the mean time, you can transfer files between the Mirage Solo and your PC using an SD card. The device supports SD cards of up to 2tb, so you should be able to bulk transfer files between the device and your PC.

Thanks for being a member of our community, and I hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,
G_Wilson

Lenovo Employee G_Wilson
Lenovo Employee
Views: 2,534
Message 3 of 5

Hello, I received the following information and I hope you find it useful!

For system stability, the MTP option is disabled currently. If you want to transfer files from PC to Headset, you need prepare an SD card to be inserted into the headset and then utilize ADB demand to push files from PC to SD card.

To do this, you need enable the headset to developer modes. And, install an SDK platform tool (https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools) based on your PC OS and then push contents from PC to the SD card. (https://developer.android.com/studio/command-line/adb#copyfiles)

Failrunner
Punch Card
Views: 2,417
Message 4 of 5

Re: Mirage Solo: File transfer from PC - missing MTP driver

I was able to launch the full play store and install Xplore which lets you upload to cloud storage or transfer files over lan. Also I'm sure you can install Dropbox, one drive, or Google drive,

Highlighted
JMSvrfun
Blue Screen Again
Views: 216
Message 5 of 5

Hello. Does the MIrage Solo still not support USB transfer? Has anyone here tried to develop games in Unity and run them in this headset. ?

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale