Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnhBob
What's DOS?
Views: 328
Message 1 of 10

Can My Motospeak initiate dialing on a locked scre

I have an S5 and a Roadster 2, but cannot get the My Motospeak/Roadster 2 to initiate a voice controlled call once the screen locks.  Once I enter the passcode or finger print, I see the voice control screen, but it will not respond to the Roadster once the screen timeout occurs and is locked.  Incoming calls work fine, but if I am driving and want to make a call it seems like I must first unlock the phone, which isn't very "handsfree".

Any help???

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 10

Re: Can My Motospeak initiate dialing on a locked scre

It does on my current phone (a Droid Maxx) and my previous phone (Droid Razr M).  But I had to enable the Bluetooth bypass feature in the phone security settings.  I have never owned a Samsung phone, but is there a setting somewhere in the Security or Blue Tooth settings menu that enables Bluetooth devices to bypass the screen lock?

~Scott
AnhBob
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 10

I don't see any such feature on my S5.  I also notice that in the tips portion of the MyMotospeak app (at the bottom of the screen) there is reference to configuring in the app settings.  Where on Earth are the My Motospeak app settings?  I see no icon for settings, or anything else for that matter.  Only two large buttons in the center of the screen for Calling and Reading Text.

I am certain that there must be a way to make this work, but I don't see it.  Sure wish some S5 owners would chime in!

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Message 4 of 10

With the MMS app open, do you see the three dots at the bottom of the screen? That's the menu...tap there and then Settings.
~Scott
AnhBob
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 10

On my S5 there are no 3 dots at the bottom of the screen.  Smiley Sad

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Message 6 of 10

With the My Motospeak app open, there has to be a Settings button somewhere. On a Droid, its the three dot button. The app has a Settings menu, so there must be a button somewhere on the screen that opens the app Settings. Maybe your phone has a dedicated Settings button on the toolbar when an app is open?
~Scott
DennisR-1
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 10

I have an S5 and the Moto RoadStar 2. I'm experiencing the same problems with voice-texting. Every other feature seems to work fine like Voice Dialing. Incoming Texts are read aloud just fine. I've been on the phone with Motorola three times and so far they want to replace my RoadStar, which isn't the problem. I've eliminated it using my Moto BT headset along with MotoSpeak and have the same problem.Otherwise they don't have a clue!!!!!!

DennisR-1
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 10

I have the same problem.The S5 doesn't have the feature called "BlueTooth Bypass" which is what we want. It may be in a Samsung update down the road, otherwise you have to turn off your screen-lock feature if you want total hands-free dialing. Brilliant engineering by Samsung.

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Message 9 of 10

FYI: It was not an Android update or app update that broken this. The same problem happened last year in December...timing coincidental? Itnwas an issue with the Moto server that handles the speech to text function.
~Scott
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Message 10 of 10

DennisR-1 said:

I have the same problem.The S5 doesn't have the feature called "BlueTooth Bypass" which is what we want. It may be in a Samsung update down the road, otherwise you have to turn off your screen-lock feature if you want total hands-free dialing. Brilliant engineering by Samsung.

View original

That's a bummer.

~Scott