Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
portus
What's DOS?
Views: 1,136
Message 1 of 6

Elite Flip - won't unmute

Hi,

This is my second Motorola Elite Flip.  The first one worked well for 2 months and then would no longer take a charge.  

The second one has a problem with the smart button.  Before I return it as well I wanted to see if anyone knew of a way to fix it.

Basically, it won't unmute.  When i hit the smart button I hear "Mute on" as expected.  When I hit it again I can't hear anything... almost as if it's muting the person on the other end.  When i hit it again I hear, "Mute off, Mute on."  I can't get it to simply, "Mute off."  The only way to get back to the call is to flip the bluetooth off and use the handset. 

Any thoughts?

If it matters, the phone is a galaxy note 2.

Twanika
802.11n
Message 2 of 6

Re: Elite Flip - won't unmute

Can you go into the settings menu and turn off wideband audio?  See if this clears it up.  

portus
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 6

Twanika said:

Can you go into the settings menu and turn off wideband audio?  See if this clears it up.  

View original

That worked!  Thanks!  Now I just need to figure out what I just turned off.... Smiley Happy

RedBullet
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 6

Sorry where do I find that setting? Is there some windows software I need to run to be able to get to this setting??

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Message 5 of 6

On most Moto BT headsets you get to the Settings menu by turning it on with the Call button pushed at the same time. Maybe this will help, check the Getting Started link and it should download the Owners Manual asa PDF with instructions to get into the Settings menu.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/71584/related/1
~Scott
Highlighted
RedBullet
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 6

Ah, I got to the setup menu, did a reset for good measure.

However when I turn off wideband audio I now get just two beeps when I hit the smart button. No indication of mute on/off at all...