Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
missbev
What's DOS?
Views: 1,924
Message 1 of 8

HX600 Has To Be Repeatedly Re-Paired

I'm using an HX600 Boom bluetooth headset on an iPhone 4S.  I've used other headsets on this phone with no problem.  I was able to successfully pair the HX600 with my iPhone 4S.  It did not ask me to enter 0000.  Twice now when I turn the headset on, it has asked me to enter 0000 to finish pairing.  Should a screen pop up on my phone that will allow me to enter 0000?  All I can figure out to do at that point is to tell my iPhone to forget the headset and then re-pair it.

Tonight I wasn't able to get it to pair at all until I restarted the phone.

Is there a better solution?  Why do I keep losing the pairing?

Highlighted
missbev
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 8

Re: HX600 Has To Be Repeatedly Re-Paired

I moved the Boom to my iPhone 6.  Same thing.  I think if might be related to moving out of range of the phone, and then when I come back in to range, the Boom unpairs from the phone.  

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Message 3 of 8

How far apart are you trying to use the headset / phone?  I have always read / heard that most BT devices have about a 30 foot range...as a general rule.  I have a Moto HX550TXT paired with my phone and it's good for about that 25 - 30 foot range before I have problems.  Same thing goes for my blue tooth speaker, about 30 feet is the most I can separate it from  my phone.  

~Scott
missbev
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 8

I can be standing right next to the phone. I'll start getting the message on the Bluetooth that I need to go into settings and enter 0000 if necessary to complete pairing.  At least once, I had stepped out of range and then came back into range when I started getting the message to finish pairing the headset.  I tried turning the headset off and back in, but no luck. I have to actually to into settings to get it to pair all over again.

With my Plantronic headset, if I step out of range and then back in, I hear a message telling e my headset has connected, not that I need to re-pair.  It seems to me that's what the Motorola set should do, too, not lose the pairing entirely.

missbev
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 8

To reiterate, the problem is not that I lose the connection when the phone is too far away from the bluetooth.  I expect that.  The problem is that I lose the pairing and I have to go into settings and re-pair the phone.

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Message 6 of 8

I actually bought a HX600 to use with my new work phone the other day and it should be here today or tomorrow.  I'll see how it stays paired with a Samsung phone.  Have you tried a complete un-pairing from the phone and also from the BT headset, then reboot the phone & re-pair?.  I don't know anything about iPhones, but would imagine there is an option in the BT menu somewhere to "unpair" or "remove device".  I believe the method to wipe the pairing from the HX600 is hold the call / answer button while opening the boom and turning the headset on.  Then follow the voice prompts to reset.  If the I've only had to do that once with my HX550 (after a system update on my phone) and it has worked great ever since.  

~Scott
missbev
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 8

I called Motorola customer service yesterday.  We got disconnected before we finished walking through the technician's list of things to try, but one thing we did do is wipe the bluetooth and restore it to factory settings.  I then told my iPhone to forget the device and then reconnected it.  So far so good.  I inadvertently got out of range today and turned the bluetooth off until I got back into range.  When I turned it back on it reconnected just fine.

Fingers crossed.

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Message 8 of 8

missbev said:

I called Motorola customer service yesterday.  We got disconnected before we finished walking through the technician's list of things to try, but one thing we did do is wipe the bluetooth and restore it to factory settings.  I then told my iPhone to forget the device and then reconnected it.  So far so good.  I inadvertently got out of range today and turned the bluetooth off until I got back into range.  When I turned it back on it reconnected just fine.

Fingers crossed.

View original

Glad to hear that things are working better again.  Glitches happen with all electronics sometimes.  Sometimes with Blue Tooth devices a simple un-pairing & forgetting each other and then a re-pairing resolves problems.

~Scott