cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hatrabbit
What's DOS?
Views: 377
Message 1 of 4

Incoming calls go to iphone, not headset.

I am using an H19txt headset with an iPhone 5s running iOS 8.1.  When I answer an incoming call with the headset, it does answer but the call goes to the phone.  Not sure if this failure is with the phone or the headset... anyone else here ever hear of this?  Thanks

say_my_name
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 4

Re: Incoming calls go to iphone, not headset.

I wish I had an answer, but I too am having the same problem.  Mine is an HX550, but I have also tried the HX660, the Jawbone ERA and the Bose.  None of these work correctly by automatically switching to the earpiece upon answering the call.  Particularly my HX550 has worked with the iPhone 4 and 5, but now that I have a iPhone 6, it no longer works correctly.  Perhaps Motorola knows a work-around?

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Message 3 of 4

I have 2 HX 550's in my home and both answer calls correctly using Android phones.  I also had an HX17txt an it worked fine with an Android phone.  It sounds like an issue with iOS 8.1 or some version of iOS.  

As far as Motorola knowing a workaround, this is the Motorola Owners Forum...where Motorola device owners provide peer to peer help and support to each other...not an official Motorola Tech Support forum.  Moto does have an official support center that can be reached by phone or on-line chat when needed.

~Scott
Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 4 of 4

say_my_name said:

I wish I had an answer, but I too am having the same problem.  Mine is an HX550, but I have also tried the HX660, the Jawbone ERA and the Bose.  None of these work correctly by automatically switching to the earpiece upon answering the call.  Particularly my HX550 has worked with the iPhone 4 and 5, but now that I have a iPhone 6, it no longer works correctly.  Perhaps Motorola knows a work-around?

View original

Sounds like an iOS Issue since you tried a couple different brands. I'll find one to test with and see what my experience is.

Maybe they just dropped backwards compatibility in favor of something coming up.

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee