12-11-2019

SK

2 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 1 of 3

Moto C Plus - PIN/password unlock not working

2019-12-11, 15:51 PM

Sometimes I simply cannot unlock the phone. It doesn't matter if I set up a PIN or a password. The "tick" submit button does nothing. The screen goes black after some time and the screen is still locked. I'm sure of the correctness of the PIN/password.

Only a restart helps, but it is a workaround, not a solution. Restarting the phone multiple times a day is annoying as hell.

I cannot disable the pin/password because it is required by my company policy. Anyway, it is insecure too so I'm looking for a permanent solution.

I tried to factory reset the phone too. The issue is still here.

Please help!

Let me know if I posted in the wrong section.

Model: Moto C Plus

System: Android 7

Options

2884 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

385 Signins

26900 Page Views

• Views: 26900
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto C Plus - PIN/password unlock not working

2019-12-17, 6:12 AM

wrote:

Sometimes I simply cannot unlock the phone. It doesn't matter if I set up a PIN or a password. The "tick" submit button does nothing. The screen goes black after some time and the screen is still locked. I'm sure of the correctness of the PIN/password.

Only a restart helps, but it is a workaround, not a solution. Restarting the phone multiple times a day is annoying as hell.

I cannot disable the pin/password because it is required by my company policy. Anyway, it is insecure too so I'm looking for a permanent solution.

I tried to factory reset the phone too. The issue is still here.

Please help!

Let me know if I posted in the wrong section.

Model: Moto C Plus

System: Android 7

Hi Meditator,

I have responded to you in the other thread, let us continue this one as you have posted on the right Device model thread.

First of all, sorry to know about this. Have you performed a Factory Data Reset without automatic restore? Kindly confirm. Also, reset your PIN and check. Let me know.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4 Posts

12-11-2019

SK

2 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto C Plus - PIN/password unlock not working

2020-01-06, 10:06 AM

Hi,

1. I've done the Factory reset and I remember checking to not restore anything. I had to reinstall everything from scratch.

In the Backup&Restore settings, however, this option is turned on = Automatic restore (When reinstalling an app, restore backed up settings and data).

2. I've tried resetting the PIN. Not helping.

3. My device is encrypted via Company portal app. Not sure if this is relevant but I wanted to mention this.

But I encounter this problem for some months now and the device was encrypted for years without any problem.

Thanks for your time.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete