Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hemant13
Paper Tape
Views: 2,640
Message 1 of 6

Moto C plus Hanging and Reboot Problem

Hey, I have purchased Moto C Plus before one month and a problem happens minimum twice in a week during making call or receiving call that phone hangs and automatically reboot.

Can you please help me to solve this problem.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,607
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto C plus Hanging and Reboot Problem

@Hemant13 wrote:

Hey, I have purchased Moto C Plus before one month and a problem happens minimum twice in a week during making call or receiving call that phone hangs and automatically reboot.

Can you please help me to solve this problem.

Hi Hemant13,

Calibrate the battery, then test the phone in safe mode. This way, the battery table will reset and we can eliminate the likelihood that a rogue app is messing with the phone.

To calibrate the battery Hold the power button until the phone reboots > Plug into the supplied charger > Charge to 100% > Leave on the charger for at least an additional hour.

To test in safe mode, the steps are here: https://motorola-mobility-en-in.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/118548/p/30%2C6720%...

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Neha26
Paper Tape
Views: 946
Message 3 of 6

Re: Moto C plus Hanging Problem

I have Moto C Plus phone, since last one day it is going in auto hang mode. It just randomly opening any screen, so I am not able to open or check any settings , I want to check IMEI number of it. Now in this case suggest solution.  

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 913
Message 4 of 6

@Neha26 wrote:

I have Moto C Plus phone, since last one day it is going in auto hang mode. It just randomly opening any screen, so I am not able to open or check any settings , I want to check IMEI number of it. Now in this case suggest solution.  

Hi Neha26,

Sorry to learn about that, let me try to help you here. Can you quickly test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Let us know your observation on this?

If you do not see the issue in safe mode, then please perform wipe cache partition on your device and let us know if that helps? If you are able to capture the IMEI, then please update your profile. Here is how you can do it. 

Let us know if you have any question?

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

Neha26
Paper Tape
Views: 874
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I tried to test in Safe Mode but it didn't worked. I am getting power off screen but holding on power up key , dose not open safe mode instructions list.
Instead applications keeping opening & closing on their own without any press on screen. "GHOST application" issue it seems to be. Will factory reset option work for this?
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 825
Message 6 of 6

@Neha26 wrote:
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I tried to test in Safe Mode but it didn't worked. I am getting power off screen but holding on power up key , dose not open safe mode instructions list.
Instead applications keeping opening & closing on their own without any press on screen. "GHOST application" issue it seems to be. Will factory reset option work for this?

Hi Neha26

You can take a back up and perform a factory data reset and see if that helps.

Thanks

Sandip

Top Kudoed Authors