Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto C PhonesMoto C & Moto C Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

11-20-2020

India

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 11 of 15

Moto C plus Wifi hotspot not showing on Windows 10 laptop

2020-11-20, 10:40 AM
Can anyone help!!!!! Its really annoying. Others networks are visible except for Moto C Plus's hotspot. One temporary trick was disabling the network adaptor in device manager and enabling it back. Now that even does connect to Moto C Plus's hotspot. It shows other networks and other phones get connected to Moto C plus's hotspot
Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Views: 62255
  • Message 12 of 15

Re:Moto C plus Wifi hotspot not showing on Windows 10 laptop

2020-11-20, 22:09 PM

Hi M H,

Please try to perform Reset Network Settings by going to Settings > Backup and Reset > Network settings reset > Reset settings. Let me know if it helps. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

26 Posts

03-25-2020

India

20 Signins

145 Page Views

• Views: 145
  • Message 13 of 15

2020-12-04, 11:31 AM

I am having the same problem with my Moto E6s all devices detects my Moto E6s Hotspot except my windows 10 pc and my pc detects all devices Hotspot except my phone 

It's really annoying 

The only way I could connect it through Hotspot is first give pc ethernet connection and then turn it's Hotspot on and then search for that Hotspot in my phone and the turn on my phone's Hotspot then the pc detects it 

I have also installed phoneix os on that pc it detects but windows 10 won't 

Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Views: 62255
  • Message 14 of 15

2020-12-04, 14:47 PM

@ hellotheresunnyhere wrote:

I am having the same problem with my Moto E6s all devices detects my Moto E6s Hotspot except my windows 10 pc and my pc detects all devices Hotspot except my phone 

It' really annoying 

The only way I could connect it through Hotspot is first give pc ethernet connection and then turn it' Hotspot on and then search for that Hotspot in my phone and the turn on my phone' Hotspot then the pc detects it 

I have also installed phoneix os on that pc it detects but windows 10 won' 

This is for Moto C/Moto C Plus hotspot problems. Someone have already replied to your concern here. Please see it as soon as your available. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

02-16-2021

India

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 15 of 15

2021-02-16, 13:51 PM

It's due the channel.. moto c plus hotspot defaults to channel 13.. there's no way to change it without rooting.. channel 12 and 13 are not supported in US and US based products. the only option for u is to buy a WiFi adaptor that's not US made or made for US.( that supports channel 13)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms