Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gokul_Krish
Fanfold Paper
Views: 202
Message 1 of 7

My Moto C+ is not powering on

Hi,

I accidently dropped down my device Moto C+ last week and after this it is not powering on. I done the steps given in google and forum but no use. when i tried to put it in charging, no display is seen and not powering on while in charging too. Moreover if i keep it in charging for 15 mins, it gets heated extremely than normal.

I visited the service centre to find the issue and they told the main power IC has been damaged. Will this IC can be replaced in the same motherboard? If so, will it be reliable and durable to do the IC replacement. Also, I'm in a position to do it compulsorily than replacing the entire motherboard.

It's an urgent need so please advise me on this issue ASAP.

Thanks,

Gokul

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 185
Message 2 of 7

Re: My Moto C+ is not powering on

@Gokul_Krish wrote:

Hi,

I accidently dropped down my device Moto C+ last week and after this it is not powering on. I done the steps given in google and forum but no use. when i tried to put it in charging, no display is seen and not powering on while in charging too. Moreover if i keep it in charging for 15 mins, it gets heated extremely than normal.

I visited the service centre to find the issue and they told the main power IC has been damaged. Will this IC can be replaced in the same motherboard? If so, will it be reliable and durable to do the IC replacement. Also, I'm in a position to do it compulsorily than replacing the entire motherboard.

It's an urgent need so please advise me on this issue ASAP.

Thanks,

Gokul

Hi Gokul,

Sorry to hear about the device, please be advised that Service Center would be the best team to answer your queries on repair related issues. Wish I could help.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Gokul_Krish
Fanfold Paper
Views: 174
Message 3 of 7

Hi Swaraj,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I checked with the service center, they told the motherboard must be changed. Can i get the motherboard for the same at any external stores in India and what will be its cost?

Thanks,

Gokul

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 165
Message 4 of 7

Hi Gokul_Krish,

We don't recommend replacing the phone parts by yourself as it may further cause an issue with the phone. Will the Service Center replace/repair the phone for you? If so, I recommend having your device repaired only by our authorized technicians. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Gokul_Krish
Fanfold Paper
Views: 123
Message 5 of 7

Hi Rich,

Ya, I need to give my phone to service center only.

Also, I heard that this model is a failure model and many people has faced this same issue (motherboard short circuiting when these model phones are dropped in a short distance itself). Moreover the company has stopped this model currently seems which assures this point.

If so, the company can come forward to replace these failure models in order to keep their reputation with clients and other people, like Samsung did for its battery issue once upon time.

Really this is a frustrating thing and a great loss to the clients who bought this models. I don't know whether the company will consider the client's loss or not. If not, this will in turn affect the company's reputation, trust factor and ultimately the business. Moreover, this is one way of cheating and earning money from people which is not good for company like Motorola.

Also as I said in the first conversation that the device is over heating on charging, resembles the case of Samsung issue. Luckily I escaped from device explosion which will happen if I didn't check my mobile within 15 mins of charging.

Thanks,
Gokul

Highlighted
Gokul_Krish
Fanfold Paper
Views: 50
Message 6 of 7

No response for my previous post from the company which shows how they care their customers....wonderful care....keep it up....   :-(

Since Motorola has been acquired by Lenovo during this model purchase, it too has the responsibility for this issue.

NB: Guys who are customers until now to these companies please note that the response and the issue that i'm currently facing, may happen to you too in future.  So consider this post seriously.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 32
Message 7 of 7

Hi Gokul_Krish,

This is more likely a hardware failure. You can try using different chargers, charge it at least 5 minutes and then power it on, see it will turn back on. You can also try plugging in your phone to a computer and see if it recognizes it and possibly wake the phone up, otherwise, this is a hardware failure and you might need to send the device for repair if that's the case. We can't troubleshoot if the phone if the failure is with the hardware. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors