04-28-2019

GB

5 Signins

74 Page Views

• Views: 74
  • Message 1 of 8

E5 play crashing

2019-04-28, 23:06 PM

Hi I just got this e5 play. I used to have a E 5 plus that worked very well but I stupidly lost it and couldn't afford to replace it so I bought this e5 play with the hope that it would suffice. But chrome keeps telling me that pages use too much memory and apps keep closing. This version is using Google go. Is there any way to get android 8  full version on this phone or shall I just chuck it in a lake and buy another brand?

Solved! See the solution
Options

10927 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1133 Signins

153695 Page Views

• Views: 153695
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: E5 play crashing

2019-04-29, 15:13 PM

Hi Mac0ne,

I appreciate your posting. I'd like to confirm, is the phone the one that's crashing or the Chrome? If it's just the Chrome, make sure that it's up to date in Play store. Try clearing the browsing history (Open Chrome > Tap 3 Vertical Dots > History > Clear Browsing Data > Set the time range to All-time > Check all the boxes > Clear Data. Also, please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me check if you're on the latest software build. 

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

5 Posts

04-28-2019

GB

5 Signins

74 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2019-05-15, 23:25 PM
  • Hi thanks for your reply. Not just chrome. Apps are shutting down . Chrome stalling. Excessive data usage. Phone unable to multitask. So if I'm playing music and an app is running music will keep shutting of like every two mins. Keyboard misses key presses. Absolute awful phone. And the worst money I've ever spent. This is going in the bin and I'm going to right it off as a bad experience. Loved all my previous Motorola phones over the years but this has put me off the brand totally. And yes I clear cookies reset phone disable app permissions etc etc
  •  Only had the phone about a month so yeah in the bin time when I can afford to upgrade 
  •  
Options

10927 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1133 Signins

153695 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2019-05-16, 15:43 PM

Hi Mac0ne,

Thanks for further explaining. Did you restore your apps to your new phone after setting it up, or you installed apps one at a time? Can you please update your forums profile so I can further investigate this? Thanks. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

5 Posts

04-28-2019

GB

5 Signins

74 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2019-05-16, 22:09 PM

My profile is up to date. I don't understand what extra info you are after . I have given you the errors I am experiencing and my profile contains the relevant information on my phone , browser ip etc.   What more can I do ? I've given you the faults you tell me I need to update my profile. My profile is up to date . That reinforced my decision to chuck away this phone and buy another brand.  What more do you want from me. All I wanted from you is some customer support . But obviously all you do is tell the customer they haven't given the right information. Thanks for nothing. Have a great day 

Options

5 Posts

04-28-2019

GB

5 Signins

74 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2019-05-16, 22:12 PM

Oh and yes I did initially instal the apps from a back up but since then I have cleared the cache and uninstalled the apps and reinstalled from play store. No difference. 

Options

10927 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1133 Signins

153695 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2019-05-17, 17:23 PM

Hi Mac0ne,

Sorry but I'm still not seeing your Forums profile updated with the Serial Number/IMEI and other information we needed. You have to click on your profile to fill up the information. Also, we don't recommend restoring apps after doing the reset, it's important to observe the phone without any files/apps reinstalled/restored. Try doing the same steps again but do not restore your apps, instead install them one at a time until you find out which one is causing crashes. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

1 Posts

11-07-2017

CA

3 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 8 of 8

2020-02-20, 21:07 PM

So the phone corrupted my SD card and I had to factory reset the whole phone. I've downloaded only 2 apps ( Facebook and Facebook Messenger ) and BOTH keep crashing. Shouldn't have this issue with a fresh reset of the phone. So looks like the phone is pointless to use. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete