Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto E PhonesMoto E5 / Moto E5 Plus / Moto E5 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

05-02-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 8

E5 plus boot loop

2020-05-02, 7:58 AM

Hello, 

My E5 plus(XT1924-3)  is in a loop. The screen shows Moto, Powered by Android, then turns off and is back on to the same screen.I press Power and Volume Down to enter the screen where I can chose Recovery Mode then I press Power Button to confirm recovery,the phone just keeps restarting on the same Powered by Android screen. I have tried to rescue with "lenovo Rescue and Smart Assistant" still same problem. Please help.

Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Views: 62255
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:E5 plus boot loop

2020-05-05, 13:18 PM

Hi seb9995,

Thanks for posting. Since you cannot access recovery mode, we suggest sending the phone to a service center for repair. Kindly go to this link: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/mcp/service/open/request?linkId=54149943

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

04-30-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 3 of 8

2021-04-30, 17:04 PM

Hello,

I am having this exact same issue, and would like to know if they were able to solve your issue/repair your phone? I don't have a car so going to a repair center would take a considerable amount of time and effort. I want to know ahead of time if this is a problem that can be solved, so that I don't waste time going to the repair center to be told that this issue has no solution, or that the repairs would be too expensive. Thank you in advance.

Options

3 Posts

05-02-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2021-05-01, 4:21 AM

Its a software issue just reinstall the ROM. You can do it yourself, check xda forum for correct ROM and procedure. I went to Moto/lenovo service center , They said need to replace some hardware and charged Rs.1100. After few months phone shows same problem then I searched internet and solved myself. Never ever go to Moto/lenovo service center .

Options

6927 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3416 Signins

86451 Page Views

• Views: 86451
  • Message 5 of 8

2021-05-04, 13:30 PM

@ lucam2800 wrote:

Hello,

I am having this exact same issue, and would like to know if they were able to solve your issue/repair your phone? I don' have a car so going to a repair center would take a considerable amount of time and effort. I want to know ahead of time if this is a problem that can be solved, so that I don' waste time going to the repair center to be told that this issue has no solution, or that the repairs would be too expensive. Thank you in advance.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your phone. I would start with removing any SD Card you have in your phone to see if it boots up. If not, then try rescuing your phone with Rescue & Smart Assistant: https://www.motorola.com/us/rescue-and-smart-assistant/p. If that doesn't work then we would highly recommend having the phone repaired. Since you're in the US you don't have to physically visit a repair center. You can see options here: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/repair-faqs or you can send @MotoBecky a private message and she can help as well.  

Let me know if you have any other questions/concerns or if you run into issues with getting your device repaired.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

6927 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3416 Signins

86451 Page Views

• Views: 86451
  • Message 6 of 8

2021-05-04, 13:34 PM

@ seb9995 wrote:

Its a software issue just reinstall the ROM. You can do it yourself, check xda forum for correct ROM and procedure. I went to Moto/lenovo service center , They said need to replace some hardware and charged Rs.1100. After few months phone shows same problem then I searched internet and solved myself. Never ever go to Moto/lenovo service center .

Hello, I'm sorry you experienced issues with your phone after getting it repaired. This is not the experience we want you to have. It's very possible that there were additional issues with your phone initially that caused the problem. Rebooting can be caused by hardware and/or software malfunctions. That being said we still recommend using official tools and repair centers. While I'm glad you were able to fix your phone using steps from XDA, we don't recommend or guarantee that any fixes that require sideloading software will work.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!

Options

3 Posts

05-02-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2021-05-05, 6:42 AM

Thanks for the response.

There was no hardware ware replacement. I checked with another technician. Motorola service cente just remove the comserver application.

Motorola is a quality brand but some service centers ruining it's value. If you don't take proper action you will loose the market.

My next phone will be a Motorola. In case of any service required I try unauthorised technicians.

Options

2999 Posts

04-04-2018

India

404 Signins

27725 Page Views

• Views: 27725
  • Message 8 of 8

2021-05-10, 9:30 AM

@ seb9995 wrote:

Thanks for the response.

There was no hardware ware replacement. I checked with another technician. Motorola service cente just remove the comserver application.

Motorola is a quality brand but some service centers ruining it' value. If you don' take proper action you will loose the market.

My next phone will be a Motorola. In case of any service required I try unauthorised technicians.

Thank you for reporting this! We will make sure to report this to our concerned team. We always want our users to have the best experience.

We truly appreciate your interest.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms