Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto E PhonesMoto E5 / Moto E5 Plus / Moto E5 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

07-14-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

Moto E5 Boot Loop and Macs

2021-07-14, 14:27 PM

Hi folks,

As many have, my phone is now stuck in a boot loop - getting to the blue screen, flickering, going black, and then back to blue. I've used the Recovery Mode to reset the cache, done a soft restart, drained the battery, charged the battery, sacrificed a goat, and nothing has worked. I'm reluctant to do a factory reset because the data is not backed up. I use a Mac, so I cannot use the LMSA (what's up with that!? There are quite a few Mac users who do not totally buy into the Apple Ecosphere!). Does anyone know if there is an LMSA equivalent for Mac users?

Thanks!

S

Options

1972 Posts

11-24-2020

India

205 Signins

21800 Page Views

• Views: 21800
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Moto E5 Boot Loop and Macs

2021-07-15, 7:50 AM

Hi CraikTab

Welcome to Motorola Forums. Sorry to hear you're having issues with your phone. Let me check and help you here. I have checked Rescue and Smart Assistant Tool is supported on Windows 10 (64-bit) & Windows 7 (32-bit/64bit) operating systems and I’m not sure about the Macs. Unfortunately, we do not have any other options to recover the device data if you are unable to access it. However, if you have taken all data backup in Google account you can retrieve it by login with the same Google credentials. 

I would suggest you try force rebooting the phone by removing SIM and SD cards if you have inserted them. Press and hold the power button for 20-30 seconds to force reboot the phone. See if that helps! 

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms