Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto E PhonesMoto E5 / Moto E5 Plus / Moto E5 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

06-30-2019

United States of America

15 Signins

364 Page Views

• Views: 364
  • Message 1 of 4

Moto e5 play speaker making buzz/static/cracking Noise all the time

2019-08-05, 7:25 AM

Ive had this e5 Play for almost a year now.No real problems until about a month ago. Just powered the phone on and noticed moments later all sounds emitting from the speaker sound terrible like the speaker may be blown. I never use the phone for playing music or gaming so I am puzzled. Unless I use speaker phone option I can't hear the other caller and they can't hear me over the crackling and buzzing. It's so bad I have to repeatedly ask callers to repeat themselves but the voice and system sounds are so distorted it's a watse of time. Please help me figure out how to fix this or how to exchange for a refurb unit or something.

Sincerely, Mr. Hook- Boxing Solves Everything
Options

3577 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

721 Signins

55585 Page Views

• Views: 55585
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto e5 play speaker making buzz/static/cracking Noise all the time

2019-08-05, 14:32 PM

Hi Mudhook,

Thanks for posting. Does this happen only in calls? Perform a hardware test on the phone's receiver and speaker. To perform a hardware test go to Apps > Moto Help/Device Help > Device Diagnosis > Hardware Test > Receiver & Speaker. Let us know how it goes. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

8 Posts

06-30-2019

United States of America

15 Signins

364 Page Views

• Views: 364
  • Message 3 of 4

2019-08-10, 18:15 PM

Sorry it took a little bit to reply but anywho....I performed the speaker and reciever test and the speaker exibited the same buzz/crackle/rattle sound as usual. The sound reminds me of a slightly blown stereo speaker. It still works but any volume over the halfway mark sounds Terrible as it is constant static at the Alex of any sound frequency

Sincerely, Mr. Hook- Boxing Solves Everything
Options

3577 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

721 Signins

55585 Page Views

• Views: 55585
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-08-12, 13:49 PM

Hi Mudhook,

You can try to put the phone in Safe mode and check if the speakers would still emit the crackling noise. If that does not work then you can perform a factory data reset. Here is the link for Safe mode and Factory Reset.  If both steps did not work, then it could be a hardware issue on the speakers which you will need to send it to a service center for repair. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)