Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto E PhonesMoto E5 / Moto E5 Plus / Moto E5 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

12-15-2018

United States of America

1 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 1 of 5

Moto e5 plus won't work unless plugged in

2018-12-15, 21:59 PM

My Moto E5 plus is on 100% but when I unplug the charger the phone turns off the blue Motorola screen blinks on and off until I plug it in and after it's unplugged for 20 seconds the battery drops down to 85%. The phone will not work unless it is plugged into the charging cable

Options

2723 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1172 Signins

50735 Page Views

• Views: 50735
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto e5 plus won't work unless plugged in

2018-12-18, 8:13 AM

wrote:

My Moto E5 plus is on 100% but when I unplug the charger the phone turns off the blue Motorola screen blinks on and off until I plug it in and after it's unplugged for 20 seconds the battery drops down to 85%. The phone will not work unless it is plugged into the charging cable

Hi ThickkNickk,

It is usually a sign of a failing battery. If it works when connected to a charger but shuts off when the charger is removed then replacing the battery should fix the issue. Your battery currently may be able to turn on the device but does not supply enough power to fully boot the phone when it is not connected to a charger.

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

04-17-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 5

Moto E 4 PLUS won't work unless plugged in

2020-04-17, 19:37 PM

I called Motorola customer service at 1-800-734-5870 and I worked with John.  He was amazing. He helped me determine the issue was NOT the battery, but that my STORAGE EXCEEDED 80% OF MY PHONE'S AVAILABLE STORAGE.  This fixed my problem. Saved me the hassle of ordering a battery, which appears to be nearly impossible to take out and put back in. 

I was told to open the SETTINGS (gear icon in upper right), GO TO STORAGE, Internal Shared Storage will tell you how much has been USED.  I have a total of 32GB of total space.  I calculated, with a calculator, 80%.  Take total storage amount (in my case 32GB) and multiply it by .80  (that is a dot  followed by 8 and a zero.  --- 32 x .80 = 25.6 ---- Then compare that number against what number of GB "USED."  So mine phone said:  28GB used of 32GB. So I was above the 80%

Then I deleted photos and other large files and got my USED STORAGE below the 80% mark and my phone began to work normally. 

Options

1 Posts

06-14-2018

India

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 4 of 5

Re:Moto e5 plus won't work unless plugged in

2020-05-06, 6:32 AM

so whats price of battery and my phone is being done flash... factory reset. and when put on battery then its blinking on and off.

Options

4260 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

765 Signins

60495 Page Views

• Views: 60495
  • Message 5 of 5

Re:Moto e5 plus won't work unless plugged in

2020-05-12, 16:18 PM

Hi chandan202,

You may need to reach out to your local service center in regards to the battery replacement. Let me know if you need more info.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms