10-10-2018

US

3 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 1 of 2

No fingerprint scanner on US Version UNLOCKED Moto e5 Play sold by Motorola

2018-10-10, 22:58 PM

I just bought and returned a Moto e5 Play phone.  This phone was purchased directly from the US website for Motorola.  Prior to purchasing, I chatted with a Motorola representative to confirm that the phone they sold was a variant with the fingerprint reader.  They told me yes it had it.

I received the phone a week after my order.  The phone had no fingerprint reader- no reader on the back of the phone and nothing in settings > security > to enable the fingerprint scanner.

When I called Motorola to get an RMA number for the return the customer service agent asked my why I was returning.  I told her that the phone had no fingerprint reader.  The customer service agent then started telling me that the phone did have a reader.   I had to insist gettnig an RMA number for the return. 

So inacurate information from Motorola and a difficult return.  Buyer beware!

Options

5405 Posts

07-12-2014

US

925 Signins

79600 Page Views

• Views: 79600
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: No fingerprint scanner on US Version UNLOCKED Moto e5 Play sold by Motorola

2018-10-15, 14:29 PM

Hi Independent,

I apologize for the confusion. The Fingerprint Reader is available on certain models, including models from Verizon and Comcast. It is not available on certain models, including models from Sprint, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, Cricket, and the GSM-Unlocked model sold on Motorola.com.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save